(Topic ID: 200536)

Hurricane Club (Comet and Cyclone owners are also welcome)

By AlexSMendes

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 60 days ago by Ragman79
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 51 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
15718750673401448177069 (resized).jpg
15718750228051890500681 (resized).jpg
1571874989551880483129 (resized).jpg
15718654934181652659463 (resized).jpg
IMG_2708 (resized).jpg
pinball10 (resized).jpg
IMG_7107 (resized).JPG
20190603_212256 (resized).jpg
hurricane (resized).jpg
DSC_1750 (resized).JPG
DSC_1749 (resized).JPG
DSC_1748 (resized).JPG
DSC_1747 (resized).JPG
66708341_478585872954608_2827328858733150208_n (resized).jpg
66626866_797416920654861_6841265891821223936_n (resized).jpg

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 10 months ago

So I just ordered a ColorDMD for my Hurricane. Figured I'd go play a quick game. Turn on the machine and I get "factory settings restore" and some other error. Man, talk about an ungrateful machine! Seems like it going to work though, just need to redo the settings, or I guess put a quarter in.

#102 10 months ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

So I just ordered a ColorDMD for my Hurricane. Figured I'd go play a quick game. Turn on the machine and I get "factory settings restore" and some other error. Man, talk about an ungrateful machine! Seems like it going to work though, just need to redo the settings, or I guess put a quarter in.

Are you still on batteries? If so get a remote battery holder and put in 3 fresh new batteries and mount that thing to the left hand side wall.

#103 10 months ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Are you still on batteries? If so get a remote battery holder and put in 3 fresh new batteries and mount that thing to the left hand side wall.

Yup, still has batteries. It does have a remote holder and relatively new lithiums (less than a year). They might be the problem, factory reset again. Further inspection is needed.

#104 10 months ago

Machine seems happy with the new batteries. Didn't get my money's worth out of those lithiums though.

#105 10 months ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Machine seems happy with the new batteries. Didn't get my money's worth out of those lithiums though.

Its almost 2020. We just cant trust batteries anymore. Hurricane is my only pin not on navram...and 2 system 11. Its on my list.

1 week later
#106 10 months ago

Well my ColorDMD went thru Atlanta twice on it's way here, but it's now installed and looks great! Thanks to Ericpinballfan and everyone else who worked on it! Now just gotta get that inchworm to show up.

2 weeks later
#107 9 months ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Well my ColorDMD went thru Atlanta twice on it's way here, but it's now installed and looks great! Thanks to Ericpinballfan and everyone else who worked on it! Now just gotta get that inchworm to show up.

Chris E(Owner) and Kevin G helped Color Hurricane too.

Hey Hurricane owners. Where do you get the new Topper Dome?,.Marco's sold out for awhile now.

3 weeks later
#108 8 months ago

Hello fellow owners.

I just picked up a Hurricane this Saturday 10-19-2019 and I have a few questions.

#1. How do I reset the Palace lights and clown lights so every game starts fresh. Factory settings now.
#2. Can somebody post a pic of the factory speakers next to the DMD?
#3. Is there anybody making the big ramp at the bottom?

IMG_2708 (resized).jpg
#109 8 months ago

For anyone who has purchased one of my 3D Hurricane toys, can you please post some pics of it installed in your game for others to see? I've had some questions about where it should be installed, and I really am not sure since I don't own the pin myself.

#110 8 months ago
Quoted from snextime:

Hello fellow owners.
I just picked up a Hurricane this Saturday 10-19-2019 and I have a few questions.
#1. How do I reset the Palace lights and clown lights so every game starts fresh. Factory settings now.
#2. Can somebody post a pic of the factory speakers next to the DMD?
#3. Is there anybody making the big ramp at the bottom?[quoted image]

#1. I can check when I get home. I think you have 3 option. Reset for every player, reset for every game (so in multi player games you work together to light the face, and no-reset. I have it set for reset every gamer. That way if I'm playing alone I have to complete the whole face, but if my kids are playing a multi-player it makes it a bit easier.

#2. Will take a pic when I get home.

#3. Freeplay40 might make it when he get his bigger heater going, it will probably be a ways off though. Somebody did make a few and sold on ebay (gone now). He said he was lousy at cutting them out, so you had to do that part yourself.

#111 8 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

For anyone who has purchased one of my 3D Hurricane toys, can you please post some pics of it installed in your game for others to see? I've had some questions about where it should be installed, and I really am not sure since I don't own the pin myself.

My larger sized one obviously doesn't fit inside, but I always thought the regular size one would look best on the left above the red plastics.

#112 8 months ago

Speaker pic...

15718654934181652659463 (resized).jpg
#113 8 months ago

Clown/palace light reset...
Adjustments menu
Feature adjustements
18 is clown lights, change to player or game
15 is palace start, change to none or desired letter
16 is place lights, change to player or game

Enjoy!

#114 8 months ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Speaker pic...[quoted image]

Im sorry I meant inside pic of the factory speakers.

#115 8 months ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Clown/palace light reset...
Adjustments menu
Feature adjustements
18 is clown lights, change to player or game
15 is palace start, change to none or desired letter
16 is place lights, change to player or game
Enjoy!

Thank you so much!

#116 8 months ago

Oops, my bad. Thought you might have had different grills when viewing on the small phone screen. Here ya go....

1571874989551880483129 (resized).jpg15718750228051890500681 (resized).jpg15718750673401448177069 (resized).jpg
#117 8 months ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Oops, my bad. Thought you might have had different grills when viewing on the small phone screen. Here ya go....[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Ok yep thats what I have in mine. I also have a 6X9 for a lower cabinet speaker. Grille is pushed in and speaker is ripped.

#118 8 months ago
Quoted from snextime:

Ok yep thats what I have in mine. I also have a 6X9 for a lower cabinet speaker. Grille is pushed in and speaker is ripped.

Ahhh yes, I can see that (along with the "W"s) now that I look at it on a bigger screen. Is the grill damaged or just pushed in? Can't imagine that part is too hard to find.

#119 8 months ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Ahhh yes, I can see that (along with the "W"s) now that I look at it on a bigger screen. Is the grill damaged or just pushed in? Can't imagine that part is too hard to find.

Pushed in and speaker ripped. I think Im going to order a better replacement set. I wanted to see if the ones in my head were stock.

#120 8 months ago

Hurricane owners. I have to fully shop my machine and what was wondering what color rubbers are you using, mine are black? Pics please.

image (resized).jpg
#121 8 months ago

Hurricane owners. I have to fully shop my machine and what was wondering if anybody put LED’s in cause some of them bulbs are hard to get at? Pics please.

#122 8 months ago

I went with the original colors for the rubbers (Titan). Except maybe the flipper, not sure, but went with yellow. Post sleeves are all yellow except the one between the juggler and the ferris wheel, that one is a dark blue.

Machine has full LEDs, but they were all put in prior to me owning the machine. So not familiar with the difficulty of getting to some of them. Luckily they were most white for the GI, I'm not a fan of "clown puke". Inserts are color matched.

Looks like you have at least one chipped slingshot plastic. I ordered some a while back but color was much darker than they're supposed to be. Ordered another set from pinball centre in Germany since I was ordering a couple other things (the dummy plastic mainly). They don't ship to the US, so right now my stuff is at a friends place in Canada. I'll update on the color and quality when they arrive.

Anyway, enjoy the machine, be sure to post some more pics!

1 month later
#123 6 months ago

Has anybody cabinet artwork scan for Hurricane? Just need a little touch-up for next year.

#124 6 months ago

Hurricane Wire Form set for sale; Pm me if interested. Thanks

Archived after 40 days
Not sold
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition “I have 3 sets of wire forms available. All are in great shape. No breaks, nice welds, no rust. Fish Tales= $350 shipped 4pc set Hurricane= $200 shipped 3 pc set High Speed$200 shi...”
2020-03-24
Anaheim, CA

2 months later
#126 4 months ago

Normal dimensions of the belt cca 180 mm diameter and 5 mm thick.

1 month later
#127 83 days ago

Finally got that inch worm to show up! And on my birthday no less, go figure.

3 weeks later
#128 60 days ago

Hey. I need a Decal Scan from the Cabinet of a Hurricane. Can someone help me?
My Email is : ragman79@gmx.de

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Hagerstown, MD
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Louisville, KY
There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside