(Topic ID: 200536)

Hurricane Club (Comet and Cyclone owners are also welcome)

By AlexSMendes

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 377 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 hours ago by bhelms
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240414_000206417 (resized).jpg
hurricane.pdf (PDF preview)
pasted_image (resized).png
p2 (resized).jpg
p1 (resized).jpg
hurr3 (resized).jpg
hurr2 (resized).jpg
hurr1 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_2151 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2150 (resized).jpeg
s-l1600 (resized).jpg
Hurricane topper 5 inch tall (resized).jpg
20230423_233622 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230121_085936.jpg
D985E622-32A8-4065-B3DA-49F9E3BBACA0 (resized).jpeg
There are 377 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
#51 4 years ago

Just created my new Cyclone apron cards. Cost is $10 for the pair (includes US postage - will ship outside of US with postage quoted per order) which are photo printed on ultra gloss photo paper with clear gloss vinyl overlaid on top. Please PM me if interested.

Cyclone_FreePlay (resized).jpgCyclone_FreePlay (resized).jpgCyclone_Instruction (resized).jpgCyclone_Instruction (resized).jpg
#52 4 years ago

Welcome to the club! I purchased mine mainly because I already had a Comet and Cyclone. I came across a super nice one and figured it might be my only chance at one that nice. Turns out I'm enjoying the game much more than I thought I would. Hope it goes the same for you!

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just created my new Cyclone apron cards. Cost is $10 for the pair (includes US postage - will ship outside of US with postage quoted per order) which are photo printed on ultra gloss photo paper with clear gloss vinyl overlaid on top. Please PM me if interested.[quoted image][quoted image]

How much for all 3? You know you can't stop at just Comet and Cyclone? No hurry. Thanks!

#54 4 years ago

Just created my new Hurricane apron cards (instructions with red or orange background). Cost is $10 for the pair (includes US postage - will ship outside of US with postage quoted per order) which are photo printed on ultra gloss photo paper with clear gloss vinyl overlaid on top. Please PM me if interested.

Hurricane_FreePlay (resized).jpgHurricane_FreePlay (resized).jpgHurricane_Instructions (resized).jpgHurricane_Instructions (resized).jpgHurricane_InstructionsRed (resized).jpgHurricane_InstructionsRed (resized).jpg
#55 4 years ago

As a reminder, here are my Comet cards (a few options). Cost is $10 for a pair (includes US postage - will ship outside of US with postage quoted per order) which are photo printed on ultra gloss photo paper with clear gloss vinyl overlaid on top. Please PM me if interested.
Comet_Right1 (resized).jpgComet_Right1 (resized).jpgComet_Left1 (resized).jpgComet_Left1 (resized).jpgComet_Right3 (resized).jpgComet_Right3 (resized).jpgComet_Left1_orange (resized).jpgComet_Left1_orange (resized).jpgComet_Right2 (resized).jpgComet_Right2 (resized).jpgComet_Left2 (resized).jpgComet_Left2 (resized).jpg

#56 4 years ago

If you want to order 3 sets: Comet, Cyclone, and Hurricane (normally $30), I'll offer a $1 off per set discount for a total of $27 for the 3 sets.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Welcome to the club! I purchased mine mainly because I already had a Comet and Cyclone. I came across a super nice one and figured it might be my only chance at one that nice. Turns out I'm enjoying the game much more than I thought I would. Hope it goes the same for you!

Oddly enough, I don't own any of these pins. I just keep getting asked to design stuff for them.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Oddly enough, I don't own any of these pins. I just keep getting asked to design stuff for them.

Oh, the welcome was for Murphelman.

Anyway, I just put some nicer cards in about 6 months back. But yours look REAL nice. Guess I need to decide on color/design. I'll pm soon. Thanks!

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Oh, the welcome was for Murphelman.
Anyway, I just put some nicer cards in about 6 months back. But yours look REAL nice. Guess I need to decide on color/design. I'll pm soon. Thanks!

Oops, sorry. Caught the message between a couple of my posts.

Welcome Murphelman, lots of friendly owners in the club that love this pin.

#60 4 years ago

Does no one make a Hurricane Translite?

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Does no one make a Hurricane Translite?

Here ya go, price is pretty good too...

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/31-1357-50012

#62 4 years ago

WHAT THE?????? Thank You so much! Ive been looking for long time. In fact, calling Marco tomorrow to. Wonder how long this has been in stock?

#63 4 years ago

WHAT THE?????? Thank You so much! Ive been looking for long time. In fact, calling Marco tomorrow to. Wonder how long this has been in stock?

Glad to help. They were in stock when I bought my machine 8 months ago. Tempted to buy one but I didn't. Mine is good other than some swirl marks from the disk. Not really noticable.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Glad to help. They were in stock when I bought my machine 8 months ago. Tempted to buy one but I didn't. Mine is good other than some swirl marks from the disk. Not really noticable.

Thanks Again. My swirl marks are obnoxious circles. I am building a cart now.

1 week later
#65 4 years ago

Having an issue with my game where some of the lights are locked on when i start it up. Anyone know what the issue could be?

Can anyone tell me if these lights should be on as soon as you start a game?

123 (resized).jpg123 (resized).jpg65958719_2311410375605644_699199643333951488_n (resized).jpg65958719_2311410375605644_699199643333951488_n (resized).jpg
#66 4 years ago

Heres the lamp matrix with the ones that are locked
1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

#67 4 years ago

Part of the clowns face will be lit depending on your game settings. You might have it set on easiest, so it would leave on what ever was lit at the end of the prior game. The other options are to reset for every player, or to reset for every game (so if it's 2,3 or 4 player you all work together to get the face lit). I currently have it set to reset every game. Makes it a little easier for my kids to get clown time, but if I'm playing alone it's a fresh start every time.

The other lights are also supposed to be lit for the start of the game. You might also be able to adjust some of them for difficulty. I haven't looked in a while.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Part of the clowns face will be lit depending on your game settings. You might have it set on easiest, so it would leave on what ever was lit at the end of the prior game. The other options are to reset for every player, or to reset for every game (so if it's 2,3 or 4 player you all work together to get the face lit). I currently have it set to reset every game. Makes it a little easier for my kids to get clown time, but if I'm playing alone it's a fresh start every time.
The other lights are also supposed to be lit for the start of the game. You might also be able to adjust some of them for difficulty. I haven't looked in a while.

Ah excellent thanks so even PALACE is correct?

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from lowndes8:

Ah excellent thanks so even PALACE is correct?

I'm pretty sure it is. Mine typically starts up with P-A-L lit unless I scored a Jackpot (and maybe won a "free game") the previous game. I'm pretty sure that is also adjustable.

#70 4 years ago

The clown face is not locked at start.
Did you check this in the test menu?
If yes, pull off the J133 from MPU board. What happen?

#71 4 years ago

The clown lights and palace letters can be set to carryover from game to game, and also be shared between players in a multiplayer game so you can 'steal' it...

If you have clowntime set to carryover from game to game, and it is fully lit but you do not collect it after last ball, it will carry over to the next game minus the center light so you still have to dunk the dummy to light it again.

#73 4 years ago

I bought my Hurricane around 2 months and was in need of a clean and new rubbers so was doing that today but i have found an issue

The optos for the Ferris Wheel are completely missing. I was getting a error message about switch 31 not working now i know why

Now i have looked and no one sells the optos for this game so trying to find the parts will be impossible

So the last place that serviced it has tried to make a different kind of switch for the ferris wheel but when the ball goes through it does nothing

I have attached images of whats missing, the opto board and the new switch would this work or how can i make something to get the ferris wheel to register 250,000?

Pic 1 is where the optos should be
Pic 2 is where the last place that serviced it has plugged in a new switch
Pic 3 is where they have placed a new switch but it doesn't register anything
66440896_838462949868505_5187277628263890944_n (resized).jpg66440896_838462949868505_5187277628263890944_n (resized).jpg66626866_797416920654861_6841265891821223936_n (resized).jpg66626866_797416920654861_6841265891821223936_n (resized).jpg66708341_478585872954608_2827328858733150208_n (resized).jpg66708341_478585872954608_2827328858733150208_n (resized).jpg

#74 4 years ago

More a problem than just missing the points...you can't light the clowns right eye so no clowntime. Also sometimes the comet ramp will not score and you have to ride the ferris wheel to open it.

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from swillie:

More a problem than just missing the points...you can't light the clowns right eye so no clowntime. Also sometimes the comet ramp will not score and you have to ride the ferris wheel to open it.

Oh great i dont know what to do now as there is no way i will find the missing optos

#76 4 years ago

Don't think I can help, but just a thought an opto switch is triggered by breaking the circuit I thought... is that gate switch likely normally open and triggering it closes the circuit, opposite of what the program is expecting?

#77 4 years ago

I think the opto board senses the broken beam and sends a signal to the mpu. I would think you could maybe use another available opto setup, would have to fabricate the bracket and wire in the correct board connector. The opto will need to send the correct voltage signal the mpu is looking for? Hopefully someone with way more knowlege can help you figure out what parts could work.

3 weeks later
#78 4 years ago

Thankyou to everyone that helped me. Turns on the opto board was missing two resistors. I then had to buy the optos, make brackets and a plug and got them working

However i have now sold Hurricane.

Here are some pics of it the day before i sold it

#79 4 years ago
DSC_1748 (resized).JPGDSC_1748 (resized).JPGDSC_1749 (resized).JPGDSC_1749 (resized).JPGDSC_1747 (resized).JPGDSC_1747 (resized).JPGDSC_1750 (resized).JPGDSC_1750 (resized).JPG
1 week later
#80 4 years ago

joined the club! this pin is so much fun i can't stop playing! what mods has everyone done? has anyone done the nvram mod to the mpu? i want to do it but i'm nervous about messing with jumpers and such. Mine is the french version which is kind of neat. ok i'm gonna go back to playing it now.

hurricane (resized).jpghurricane (resized).jpg
#81 4 years ago

Congratulations! Rock custom pinball undercab lighting kit, plug and play very easy to install.

Heavily considering the pinshaker kit for it...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/introducing-the-pinshakers-universal-plug-amp-play-shaker-motor-kit

#82 4 years ago

No one has mentioned Colordmd!!
Game #94 Hurricane Colored!!!
Thanks to Colordmd Chris Engright and Kevin G for beta testing and Randy for getting a few bugs out of transitions.
I helped a little, but those 3 guys above did most of the work.
Color rom for download should be available tomorrow sometime on Colordmd website.
I managed to shoe horn in a LCD but I highly recommend the LED display because of tight fit with the spinning wheel.
20190603_212256 (resized).jpg20190603_212256 (resized).jpg

#83 4 years ago

I'm also considering the pinshaker kit. It would be really cool to set it up to the hurricane ramp and maybe dunk the dummy.
I'm so happy they are adding this pin to colordmd. I'll buy a colordmd as soon as it becomes available. Any chance you could post a video of it with colordmd in it?

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from illpoet:

I'm so happy they are adding this pin to colordmd. I'll buy a colordmd as soon as it becomes available. Any chance you could post a video of it with colordmd in it?

All my video I have is Beta. So id rather not post those.
I will say, once again putting this game in color is just a neat pleasant thing. Color fits Hurricane so perfectly.
Game announced, you can go ahead and buy it. Rom drop is tomorrow.

#85 4 years ago

I managed to shoe horn in a LCD but I highly recommend the LED display because of tight fit with the spinning wheel.

Hmmm, so the LCD does fit but not technically supported. Tempting, I'll probably go with the LED though.

#86 4 years ago

Thanks to Colordmd Chris Engright and Kevin G for beta testing and Randy for getting a few bugs out of transitions.
Color rom for download should be available tomorrow sometime on Colordmd website.
[quoted image]

Nice.
Please upload videos about the result.

#87 4 years ago

[quoted image]

Omg that sample pic looks awesome. Can I really justify spending $500 plus dollars on this game...maybe.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Hmmm, so the LCD does fit but not technically supported. Tempting, I'll probably go with the LED though.

It almost, kind of, barely fits. 1mm clearance. Ive noticed almost every Hurricane wheel is not a perfect circle. After a few weeks of beta testing color I noticed all the shavings from my wheel, as it would hit top of LCD display and had caused a lot of dust from all the turning during game play. So technically fits, i preferred the LED display anyway for this title.

Quoted from onlydjz:

Nice.
Please upload videos about the result.

There should be a commercial trailer drop of video soon from usually Randy at Colordmd.
But, i will also post video here when I can.

Quoted from swillie:

Omg that sample pic looks awesome. Can I really justify spending $500 plus dollars on this game...maybe.

Well, Technically it would only be about $400 shipped for the LED version if your in USA.

#89 4 years ago
IMG_7107 (resized).JPGIMG_7107 (resized).JPG
#90 4 years ago

My Hurricane came the other day, i'm loving it...

pinball10 (resized).jpgpinball10 (resized).jpg
#91 4 years ago

grats punkin! now get to work clearing out those default high scores!

#92 4 years ago
Quoted from illpoet:

grats punkin! now get to work clearing out those default high scores!

Slowly picking it up but got Spiderman on the same day so i have some work to do. Bout half way there on Hurricane and 1/5th on Spidey.

Hate those 4 yellow posts on Hurricane. The only machine i can do more post hits on than Deadpool.

ShouldBeASpecialFor34ShotsInARowWithoutScoringPunkin

#93 4 years ago

All my video I have is Beta. So id rather not post those.
I will say, once again putting this game in color is just a neat pleasant thing. Color fits Hurricane so perfectly.
Game announced, you can go ahead and buy it. Rom drop is tomorrow.

ROM is out but still no video on the site. Any chance you can post one? Anxious to see it! Thanks!

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

ROM is out but still no video on the site. Any chance you can post one? Anxious to see it! Thanks!

My machine is off property and wont be home for at least 3 weeks. My machine was used for all the testing and beta code. I worked on it for a few months then i dropped it off to fix the overlapping frames and such.

#95 4 years ago

My machine is off property and wont be home for at least 3 weeks. My machine was used for all the testing and beta code. I worked on it for a few months then i dropped it off to fix the overlapping frames and such.

Got it, thanks anyway.

#96 4 years ago

COLORDMD FOR HURRICANE NOW AVAILABLE!

ColorDMD's 94th game is here! Hurricane was colored by Chris Enright, and the ROM is avaiable for download from our firmware SUPPORT page. Displays are shipping now from our store site and through our distributors! http://shop.colordmd.com

#97 4 years ago

Awesome, will order soon, thanks! Funny, I don't think I've ever seen that inch worm before. Anybody know when that shows up?

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Awesome, will order soon, thanks! Funny, I don't think I've ever seen that inch worm before. Anybody know when that shows up?

I think maybe one time ever I saw the inchworm. The cow moo'd at me yesterday

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

When the Ferris wheel isnt lit, and you go up for a ride?

#100 4 years ago

When the Ferris wheel isnt lit, and you go up for a ride?

0 for 5 so far. Waited for the dummy time to expire on one of them. The good news is I ended up with a lot of multiballs due to missed shots. Might have to take the glass off and cheat a bit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Collegeville, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Copley, OH
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
There are 377 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hurricane-club-comet-and-cyclone-owners-are-also-welcome/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.