Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by jrpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

dont have a scematic for this game, figured asking you guru's would work great LOL

TIA

#2 10 years ago

Each of the bells has two wires attached to the coil. They are spade connectors which should easily pull off. Pull off only one connector on each bell to minimize a possible short circuit. Put a bit of electrical tape on the wire connector to make absolutely sure it can't touch anything. I'd pull off the black wire which is common to all the coils.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Each of the bells has two wires attached to the coil. They are spade connectors which should easily pull off. Pull off only one connector on each bell to minimize a possible short circuit. Put a bit of electrical tape on the wire connector to make absolutely sure it can't touch anything. I'd pull off the black wire which is common to all the coils.

I think Hurdy Gurdy has three bells, and the spade connector approach will work for one of them, but not so sure on the other two.

The 3" bell that's bracket mounted by itself probably has the black wire soldered to the coil lug, and the spade connector on the colored wire only. That one can just be pulled off and set aside.

Another 3" bell is mounted below the 0-9 unit, and is struck by a clapper attached to the stepper. It won't have a spade lug that can be detached. But there the bell is just held in place with a bolt and nut, right to the bracket. You can either remove the bell, or remove the clapper (but keep the parts with the game - these tend to get lost).

The last bell is the 100 point bell and that's displayed right in the backbox, to be 'struck' by the monkey. That one might just be a coil, but I don't recall for sure.

Of course for the coil-driven ones, the plunger can just be removed too (nylon-tip plunger inside the coil). That won't work for the 0-9 bell though.

#4 10 years ago

Here is another option.
You could also glue a small piece of foam to were the striker hits the bell. This will dull the sound and yet when playing the striking will still be slightly noticed. Gluing foam to a bell is reversible, as is de-soldering or cutting a wire.

#5 10 years ago

Your such a gurdy Gerry. Get them done so I can come over an play next week while I'm out there.
I am having fun with Frodd over on rgp.

#6 10 years ago

OK !

So this is in now way hape or form as easy as my Hi-Lo-Ace.. i can disable that right insied the coin door at the jones plug..

I thought maybe one of the 3 jones plugs that go from the cab to the head might cut the bells out the small one that is in a harness all by itself...

Oh well guess not...

I would really like to wire a set of toggles for each bell that i could mount inside the cab by the coin door, so i can cut the bells..

I play the HLA all night and it bothers nobody.. HG is killing the GF..

the pins are on the main floor, the kids, are directly above, and the GF is in the next room ie. our bedroom...

I can turn my other games down and play all night, but not the EM's, or at least not HG...

I may have to stick to HLA, and Blue Chip for night time EM playing LOL.....

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from drgnlair:

Your such a gurdy Gerry. Get them done so I can come over an play next week while I'm out there.
I am having fun with Frodd over on rgp.

Bruce, looks like you will be getting Volcano, and Counterforce...

HG will be done, Blue Chip will be done, and either Card Trix, or Ship Ahoy will be showing up...

And of course HLA is kicking ass

#8 10 years ago

wow hurdy must be one loud ass game, your BH with the sub is pretty loud

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from JAG63:

wow hurdy must be one loud ass game, your BH with the sub is pretty loud

Yeah it is, but i can turn that down...

this thing is loud as F%$K !

I gotta make a plug and play harness and put some toggles in the coin door area, for all three bells..

I play alot at night, late night...

i have to make this easily silent when i want..

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Another 3" bell is mounted below the 0-9 unit, and is struck by a clapper attached to the stepper. It won't have a spade lug that can be detached. But there the bell is just held in place with a bolt and nut, right to the bracket.

"Hurdy Gurdy" is an add-a-ball game, and so does not have a 0-9 unit with the mechanically struck bell. All three bells are electrically operated. I forgot that the 100 point gong is the monkey unit, and the coil is located inside the bell which is inside the lightbox of course. The monkey's hammer doesn't actually sound the gong; it's just an animation. The gong is rung by a coil and plunger as on all other games with the 5" gong.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hurdy-gurdy-tech-disabling-bells-how-to-and-still-have-the-game-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.