Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by jrpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider weeze.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

As the title says:
    Issue number one: The stationary target for #3 when hit does not turn off and does not score. Rollover for "1 3 5" scores but again that doesn't turn of stationary number 3 either.
    Issue number two: Game doesn't start up as the motor runs continuously which I think usually is caused by a score reel or something in the game has NOT returned to its zero position. I THINK I've examined all the usual and possible switchs on the playfield and score reels looking for a problem switch and all looks ok. Did find a wire to the motor that was just twisted on and soldered that puppy on correctly.
    related probably: If I hold open the number 5 ball switch inside the storage area for the five balls the motor will stop running and the game can be played, BUT the #3 stationary target will stay lit. also if I do that it messes with the ball count from 5 to 4 which makes sense.
    I'm sorry but I do not have the ability the post fotos.
    Checked the 2 trough switchs for ball 1 and 5. ok
    On the schematic at 6E staring at the "W" coil [1-3-5 sequence relay] I have one wire brown-whit wire to switch "W" n.o. ok. Continued on the bl-black to score motor 2B, n.c, OK.after the "W" n.o. went on to "G" n.o., ok. onto green-wh to n.c. switch on "K"....yellow-black thru 1 thru 10 n.o. {ok} to Motor 1C normally closed. all seem correct.
    On the schematic at "#5 E to F" leave relay # 3 on SL+RED to open switch on "W" , continues on OR-RED to 3B again, all OK
    so thats as far as I've gone so far. If by chance my descriptions make any sense at all and you can have a suggestion I am all ears. I've got the thought that all probs are related to exactly one switch someplace that either doesnt register or is haunted or is French.
    any suggestions are sure welcome. Games all painted and new chrome parts installed, rebuilt a bunch of stuff and spent the usual too many hours to even think about it.
    Thanks in advance folks and Best Regards to you and yours!

#3 4 years ago

its a five ball game, manual ball lift I believe.
    I probably shouldn't have written the post like the way I did. all this schematic description, actually I was just hoping someone that has had this happen, the one target not registering along with the start up ball switchs in the ball "false grid" for lack of a better description. I have had running motor syndrome so many times and have always found the critter that was closed when its supposed to be open somewhere, especially a score reel but not like this one.
    Maybe Ill just manually add ponts and then reset the game and see if by chance anything looks funky in the reels. again.

#5 4 years ago

yes there is a ball in the storage trough, sits on a switch and that switch is closed by design.
    Now I have one ball and one ball only in it. It arrived with 5 balls in it so naturally I figured its supposed to be five. Have I made the ultimate, unbelieveably stupid assumption it should be 5 instead of one? I mean its still doing the same thing, motor running and a stuck #7.
    Have I stared at schmatics so long I am now making things worse?
    how depressing.
    Anywho, I'm going to go and put some score numbers up and watch them reset and see if anything becomes noticeable. That is if I can remember that it has to be plugged in first,D'oh!

#6 4 years ago

I've been sitting here thinking about how the game came to be 5 balls instead of one, outside of the infamous "It came like that".
    I own some Gott wedgies like North Star that are 5 ball games. Where I made my mistake was thinking that the number of balls in a game depended on the age of the game. Even if there is something to that about ball lifts,I never really thought about the fact that my other add a balls all were single ball games.
    So absolutely, you are 100% accurate that in these Gottliebs ALL add a balls had only the single one. I just never had thought about it, never really came up before.
    So I am already armed with a fact that I did not have before which is always a good thing.
    Back to the game I'm still at the same spot. as soon as I can physically get up I shall go and try to test out the score reels and observe the switchs.

#7 4 years ago

Manually added score on each of the reels, while doing so ran them thru the 1 thru 10 cycle and watched, all the switchs sure look correct as far as open and closing, they look OK.
    Hit start up, they cycled back to 0 just fine, ball count lite in the head is correct and ball in place to be elevated to the shooter lane.
    Game starts up . I ran it thru 3 or 4 games with it ending and starting just fine.......Hooray, that was the 2nd or third time Ive gone thru the reels switchs and still don't know which one was the culprit but all that really matters is we no have ignition.
    I have 2 problems left. If there is a oscillator on the 2 slings the right one , now, is unlit. The left kicker stays lit 100% of the time so I have to figure out if I have a oscillator not working or just a lack of power to the one light. checked the ball and socket ok.........
    Still have the stuck on # 3 that really is the problem. If anyone has a suggestion please speak up as any recommendation shall be pursued. Unlike the MARLINS who really stink apparently.
    Thanks for any help folks!
    Go RAYS!

#9 4 years ago

wow, again as Johnny Carson would say 'I did not know that".
    I will take a look there and see if thats the alternating issue. At least the game resets except for #7 staying on permanently, and puts the ball in play.
    I'm getting close , it'll be nice to put this project away fully working so I can move on and start the Flipper Pool thats up next. No rest for the wicked.

#11 4 years ago

Well JR<
    I would just like to say that the mysterious haunting of #3 has remedied itself. I kept filing switchs connected to the functions and poking around and out of the blue of the western sky it began working correctly. I am happy with this. Thanks for the help.
    Now I just have to figure out what is causing the flippers to be a bit wierd but Ill get it .

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider weeze.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hurdy-gurdy-2-issues-think-they-are-related?tu=weeze and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.