Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Choggard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    images-738.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    images.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ovfdfireman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 10 years ago

I like these comparisons! Huo for the last 3 years is like, virgin for the last 3 years......even though it got the hell rocked out of it everyday for 8 years in a bar. It's HUO.... How does someone not understand Home Use Only means it was use in a home only..... That means no where else.

I am a virgin.... Accept for that one time one the hood of my dads car.... Oh and that other time....

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

HUO is a marketing term.

. I don't think it really is. It's an abbreviation to say I bought this game brand new, and it has been sitting here in my home ever since. It's a description.

The blatant misuse of HUO, makes me feel like an idiot for using the term. Even though I would be using it to sell a game I purchased brand new and has been in my home ever since. So truly HOME use only machine.

Frankly, if you don't know, you shouldn't call it HUO....it's misrepresentation

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from marcand:

I have a pin that's HUO...
    ...but I smoke constantly, my basement is moldy and my cat pees all over!

Exactly........the two have nothing to do with one another. HUO s where is sat (in your home), the rest is the condition. Thus proving the point, HUO and condition are completely different things. It can absolutely be HUO and be in poor condition.

Yet for some reason, people somehow feel compelled call a game HUO when it clearly is not, or they have no idea.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ovfdfireman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/huoseriously?tu=ovfdfireman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.