5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 56 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Choggard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
    images-738.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    images.jpeg

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

So last year it was "Minty".
    Now its "HUO for the last 5 years" or " HUO since I've owned it"

That's like saying ,My girlfriend is almost a virgin since she hasn't been a hooker for six years.

images.jpeg
    #2 5 years ago

yes but after 6 years of no hooking...she has at least got the crabs under control.

#3 5 years ago

But you'll never get all that wear off her playfield holes.

#4 5 years ago

I hate reading "HUO the past few years"......unless you are an operator, of course its HUO....lame

#5 5 years ago

Agreed.....useless phrase

#6 5 years ago

Great analogy to the hooker.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from ChadTower:

Yeah, but the bigger worn holes make it easier to score

#8 5 years ago

Lol almost spit out my coffee. Thanks for the good morning laugh.

#9 5 years ago

Now I'm going to be playing at the arcade and when things go badly, I'll tilt and start yelling "TROLLOP!" I hope they get the spelling of my name right on the trespassing letter.

#10 5 years ago

I love the way a pinsider said that he had a HUO couch for sale. Does not mean that it is in mint condition. (I HATE the term "minty.")

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from ChadTower:

Cliffy!!!!! We need help!

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

That's like saying ,My girlfriend is almost a virgin since she hasn't been a hooker for six years.

Ummm, that's still HUO.

Hoe Use Only

#14 5 years ago

I didn't mind the term HUO. But as of late, you see a transition of the term to, HUO since "fill in the blank"

Maybe a new term HUS "Home use since" ........only is nothing else or more.

#15 5 years ago

I agree. huONLY since 1990 or 1992 I think I saw on a thread. Oh, so your game has been huONLY for a while, but you don't know exactly how long? Congrats, that's every routed game I own!

#16 5 years ago

Maybe use original owner from day one. Meaning its never left your home after opening the box. Sure it can be home used only but after a lot of transporting house to house to new owner in there house, the cabinet is eventually going to show dings, scrapes and scratches.

#17 5 years ago

agreed. HUO is a pointless term unless the machine has always been home use only.

reminds me of my friend who purchased a collectible figure from ebay and the seller had listed it as MISB. when he received the item, it was obviously not new so he contacted the seller. the seller's response was that MISB meant "mint in(side) box" LMAO!

btw, I've got a HUO lawnmover for sale. it's been recently shopped out (eg. hosed off and the blades sharpened 3 seasons ago), so it's practically NIB!

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcclad:

a HUO couch for sale

Are Cliffys available for couches too?

#19 5 years ago

How long before we start seeing restored WOZes and STs?

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from s1500:

How long before we start seeing restored WOZes and STs?

?????????

#21 5 years ago

Agreed.

That kind of wording in a FS thread should immediately throw up a caution flag.

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from NM:

Agreed.
    That kind of wording in a FS thread should immediately throw up a caution flag.

You mean like this

images.jpeg images-738.jpeg
    #23 5 years ago

Love it.

Great timing too, because this beauty showed up this morning in my mailbox from Pinball Classifieds (selling a CV):

" 2nd owner since day one "

Really? What the hell does that mean? 2nd owner since day one? WTH?

Then the same seller follows that beauty up with this MB for sale ad:

" 2nd owner since new "

Well, ok...if you are the second owner, why add "since new"? Doesn't that go without saying? Or are they trying to give the false impression that they have been the ones to own it "since new"?

#24 5 years ago

HUO ACTUALLY MEANS SOMETHING! I means the game was only used in a home environment. That term in and of itself is not a problem.

Mint means something as well; my understanding is that it comes from coin collecting, and literally means it's in "mint condition" or "the condition that it was when made."

"HUO for X years" is an idiotic term and is less than useless; it describes Choggard games. So does "Minty" for that matter (unless you're describing the flavor or aroma of the game, in which case you need better stuff to do with your time.)

#25 5 years ago

So, if someone's kid marks up an AFM or MM with crayons or sharpies, it's still "HUO" .... nice

#26 5 years ago

I like these comparisons! Huo for the last 3 years is like, virgin for the last 3 years......even though it got the hell rocked out of it everyday for 8 years in a bar. It's HUO.... How does someone not understand Home Use Only means it was use in a home only..... That means no where else.

I am a virgin.... Accept for that one time one the hood of my dads car.... Oh and that other time....

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from Collin:

"HUO for X years" is an idiotic term and is less than useless; it describes Choggard games.

It's probably time to let the Choggard jabs come to an end. He got outed for his shenanigans and anyone interested can read the history without bringing it up constantly.

Disclaimer: I may or may not be a Choggard alias

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Disclaimer: I may or may not be a Choggard alias

I think you are! Ban Erik!

#29 5 years ago

HOU since I bought it off Craigslist!

#30 5 years ago

for pins and ho's.........used, but clean and working.

#31 5 years ago

All my pins are AUO. Arcade use only. They are in my basement arcade. HUO is a marketing term. I would rather have a really nice game someone shopped out/fully working then a HUO. Who's home? The noob who bought a few games and did not know how to change a bulb? It only matters what it looks like and plays like.

#32 5 years ago

The question I have is "are the pins you buy today really commercial-grade devices?" I know they used to be, but what about today? If the answer is no, then HUO really is meaningless. Home arcades can see hard play much like on location. The condition of a pin is it's condition. I don't think treating HUO like it's the pedigree of the pin makes any sense.... especially if the pin has been in the home of a heavy smoker.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from swf127:

The question I have is "are the pins you buy today really commercial-grade devices?" I know they used to be, but what about today? If the answer is no, then HUO really is meaningless. Home arcades can see hard play much like on location. The condition of a pin is it's condition. I don't think treating HUO like it's the pedigree of the pin makes any sense.... especially if the pin has been in the home of a heavy smoker.

Yes...they are.

#34 5 years ago
    Quoted from swf127:

Does it have a coin door that takes money? Then it's commercial.

#35 5 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

Love it.
    Great timing too, because this beauty showed up this morning in my mailbox from Pinball Classifieds (selling a CV):
    " 2nd owner since day one "
    Really? What the hell does that mean? 2nd owner since day one? WTH?
    Then the same seller follows that beauty up with this MB for sale ad:
    " 2nd owner since new "
    Well, ok...if you are the second owner, why add "since new"? Doesn't that go without saying? Or are they trying to give the false impression that they have been the ones to own it "since new"?

Yeah. I saw those ads. He had a TOTAN as well. The games might be really nice, but the descriptions had me shaking my head.

#36 5 years ago

Then people will ask the question, if I bring my game to a show, is it still HUO. It's the O people have an issue with:

on·ly
    ˈōnlē/Submit
    adverb
    and no one or nothing more besides; solely or exclusively.

Either it's ONLY been used in a home, or not. Seems like a simple concept, but it's tough for some people.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

HUO is a marketing term.

. I don't think it really is. It's an abbreviation to say I bought this game brand new, and it has been sitting here in my home ever since. It's a description.

The blatant misuse of HUO, makes me feel like an idiot for using the term. Even though I would be using it to sell a game I purchased brand new and has been in my home ever since. So truly HOME use only machine.

Frankly, if you don't know, you shouldn't call it HUO....it's misrepresentation

#38 5 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

. I don't think it really is. It's an abbreviation to say I bought this game brand new, and it has been sitting here in my home ever since. It's a description.
    The blatant misuse of HUO, makes me feel like an idiot for using the term. Even though I would be using it to sell a game I purchased brand new and has been in my home ever since. So truly HOME use only machine.

Agreed.

Home Use Only = I purchased the game new in box and it has been continually owned by me. Period.

Doesn't mean the game is flawless, but the expectation is that the game will be in excellent condition.

I went to look at a TAF pin the other day advertised as Home Use Only. The machine was clearly previously routed and had all sorts of issues. When I asked the seller if she was the original owner she said no. I asked her if she knew what the term HUO meant. She said not really, but after looking at some machines on eBay, she thought it meant "games that were inside the house and not the garage". I politely told her why it was extremely unlikely her game was HUO.

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Sure, I have HUO machines too. But the only time I would use the term is in this thread, and when I am ready to sell them. Just saying. Your right though it is a description.... used to describe a game being sold, and it should only be used when you have proof, or you know it to be true because you are the only owner.

The other point I was trying to make is, who cares if its huo if the person who owns it is a total noob who never cleaned it, changed the balls, or bothered to take the glass off as a screw was being batted around the playfield.

#40 5 years ago

Thus the invention of HUM and no we are not talking hooker action here. Home use mostly.

Besides in 6 years the clinic can do wonders

#41 5 years ago

Home Use Only, the game has only been used in houses implying it's in very nice condition. This says nothing about how many people have owned it. I've never seen such a simple, straightforward term re-defined so many times.

Quoted from ovfdfireman:

It's an abbreviation to say I bought this game brand new, and it has been sitting here in my home ever since. It's a description.

#42 5 years ago

I have a pin that's HUO...

...but I smoke constantly, my basement is moldy and my cat pees all over!

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from marcand:

Mental note pins in Richland, MI.

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from marcand:

Exactly........the two have nothing to do with one another. HUO s where is sat (in your home), the rest is the condition. Thus proving the point, HUO and condition are completely different things. It can absolutely be HUO and be in poor condition.

Yet for some reason, people somehow feel compelled call a game HUO when it clearly is not, or they have no idea.

#45 5 years ago

The term is used as a marketing ploy and really has no true value, as in the auto world the term little old lady driven, conjours the image that the car is pampered and not been driven hard or abused. While truly it could have never seen an oil change or any maintenance. I think the only advantage of the term HUO is the cabinet should be in great shape, and possible the back glass as well as it is not on 24/7. The rest of the game is subjective, but the seller will use the phrase to inflate the price.

Next we will see HUO-LOL home use only little old lady played.

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

So last year it was "Minty".
    Now its "HUO for the last 5 years" or " HUO since I've owned it"

images.jpeg 10 KB

once you shop/ new owner a pin out i think the huo clock can start all over again.

#47 5 years ago

Only acceptable if it says, "HUO since the HEP or Treasure Cove restore"

#48 5 years ago

My pins are HUO but I get my balls used from an arcade when they are done with them, I like dull rusty balls that make nice grooves in the playfield, helps me to line up my shots.

For real I saw a WW on craigslist in which the seller bragged about still having the original balls in the game FOR OVER 20 YEARS.

New term PUO - Pinsider Use Only, I want someone who takes care of a machine to be the previous owner. Not someone who buys NIB then 5 year later at selling time says "wow the glass comes off!" then "oh I didn't know they had batteries"

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from KloggMonkey:

My pins are HUO but I get my balls used from an arcade when they are done with them, I like dull rusty balls that make nice grooves in the playfield, helps me to line up my shots.
    For real I saw a WW on craigslist in which the seller bragged about still having the original balls in the game FOR OVER 20 YEARS.
    New term PUO - Pinsider Use Only, I want someone who takes care of a machine to be the previous owner. Not someone who buys NIB then 5 year later at selling time says "wow the glass comes off!" then "oh I didn't know they had batteries"

soon as you get nasty balls square as a cube maybe i can barrow them, id like to put some shooting lanes in.

#50 5 years ago

BUO, Beach use only. We are not sure what game this is because the art is faded into oblivion. There is a salty smell inside the cabinet, and a thin layer of silica rests on everything. It was owned by Jimmy Buffet so its very rare. We think its a Baywatch or Pirates of the Caribbean, your guess is as good as ours. $10,000. Comes with keys. No lowballers!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Pimp
    $ 149.00
    $ 6,450.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 49.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 62.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 25.50
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 22.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 41.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 159.00
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    RGP Models
    $ 1.95
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside