Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by wayout440
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

Why would an HUO need new pinscore displays?

Same as if it has a worn out playfield from playing the crap out of it at home. HUO is meaningless.

I have a lot of crap that is worn out in my home, and it is all HUO.

#44 10 years ago

I paid $900 for mine. I liked that it had no mylar, no missing plastics and untouched electronics and wiring. The major items I had to do were to rebuild the light grid and repair the cracked spiral vortex. Can't wait to sell it for this price. (jk...not for sale!)

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Mine was the same, Wayout. Untouched, as it sat in a dentist's office for sometime. Boards just needed updating. No funny hacks, etc.
Some wonder why I bitched and moaned about seller's original ad (of which he's now changed). It was just so misleading, etc. Things weren't mentioned. Missing/cracked plastics weren't mentioned. The decal on the grid not put out there. These are all things one should want to know. At least I would.
Glad he's changed his ad. People like this should be called out I believe. I may have helped an unsuspecting purchaser in wasting his money on something that was a fraud.

In some cases sales ads can be misleading intentionally, pumped up to push a sale, but then there are those that are 'somewhat' in the know, not intentional - but just not in touch with the pinball hobby community. Maybe not maliciously trying to mislead. And still other items are subjective to interpretation and personal value. Not only can a machine be said to have a monetary value, but so can individual parts and condition...what is worth something to you or me or someone else is subject to interpretation. I consider untouched boards without hacks or battery leakage corrosion to contain more value to me than something that has been previously worked on, for example. For my Pinbot, the vortex was cracked but I actually missed it in the pics I was sent in email. I figured I would repair or replace that at some time. I drove 4 hours one way to see it in person, and while the broken vortex was mildly disappointing, it was going to take a lot more than that to be wrong with it for me to drive away without the Pinbot.

I don't think it is wrong to point out your discrepancies with a games condition or price when you see an ad, no matter where you see it for sale: Ebay, CL or even on Pinside. As long as you are polite about it, and voice your opinions why with detail, I think it benefits both buyers and sellers in the end - for those that care to think about it and evaluate it as a part of the sale. There are those who will refuse to listen, and that is their perogative, but sometimes constructive criticism can help both parties to a comfortable conclusion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 2.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/huocq-pinbot-on-ebay-yeah-right?tu=wayout440 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.