IMG_1414 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200228-110356_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_1408 (resized).jpg
IMG_1407 (resized).jpg
IMG_1406 (resized).jpg
20191027_191140 (resized).jpg
BA39C0DC-AB93-409B-82C8-49B55D91C4B6 (resized).jpeg
12A45CB4-1C9F-4AE6-AB6A-687A745F95FF (resized).jpeg
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

It's much more likely that the mylar was never put down. The lower mylar did not come factory installed, it simply came with the game and the buyer could choose whether to apply it or not. With these older games that did not have a clear coat on the playfield, it didn't take too many plays for the the black around the inserts to start wearing. This is especially true if it was a novice home owner, that didn't keep it clean and didn't change the balls too often, or ever. Judging by the very small amount of wear around the the spinning discs, I do believe this to be a true home use game. A few more pics of the correct areas would clear up the issue very quickly. In my opinion, this is a super nice game and the cosmetic flaws can be fixed pretty easily. Once that's done, this will be a beautiful, mostly original, low play game. I'd rather have this than an old pig with lipstick (beat up routed game with aftermarket playfield and cabinet decals). If I was the OP, I wouldn't give this one away.

The mylar for the lower playfield is in the envelope with the other original materials that came with the game.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

OP - can you get some pics of the underside of the PF/cab? That might help.

IMG_1414 (resized).jpgIMG_1414 (resized).jpgIMG_1415 (resized).jpgIMG_1415 (resized).jpgIMG_1416 (resized).jpgIMG_1416 (resized).jpgIMG_1417 (resized).jpgIMG_1417 (resized).jpgIMG_1418 (resized).jpgIMG_1418 (resized).jpgIMG_1419 (resized).jpgIMG_1419 (resized).jpg
#53 4 years ago

Nice whirlwind.. I miss mine.. I had a beautiful low play one that was possibly huo also and it had all those documents too. I wish I still had it as its getting difficult to find this pin in good condition. Glws

#54 4 years ago

You probably have enough pricing opinions so here is my hot take: don't sell your Whirlwind, you will regret it.

#55 4 years ago

I thought Id show my DP one.
IMG_0201 (resized).jpgIMG_0201 (resized).jpg

#56 4 years ago
DP_WW_l (resized).JPGDP_WW_l (resized).JPG
#57 4 years ago
Quoted from grantopia:

You probably have enough pricing opinions so here is my hot take: don't sell your Whirlwind, you will regret it.

I agree... don't sell it, unless you have / need to. As you'll definitely regret it

#58 4 years ago

Some enhancements that I’ve made:

2smd Comet Sunlight LEDs in GI
Comet LED inserts
Comet LED flashers
LED OCD board for inserts
Cliffy’s color posts
Cliffy’s ramp protector
PDI invisiglass
NVRAM
Polk Subwoofer (the pinside favorite Amazon deal)
Silverjet High polish pinballs

9E15259B-E120-4E31-8D7F-8B30F0EF86F4 (resized).jpeg9E15259B-E120-4E31-8D7F-8B30F0EF86F4 (resized).jpeg
#59 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

So what would one go for in that shape but was Diamond plate ?.

I thought my pops had the only HUO
Diamond plate WW in existence? I remember loading it in his suburban
It’s so beautiful it’s crazy . Has bill of sale in the cash box . $10,000

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Has bill of sale in the cash box . $10,000

Your pops paid too much

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Your pops paid too much

Funny ! He paid $2395 I believe but it was his first NIB game . I don’t think he would take 10k . We still have our first game that started it all a Gottlieb Volley. Can’t put a price on these pins .

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Funny ! He paid $2395 I believe but it was his first NIB game . I don’t think he would take 10k . We still have our first game that started it all a Gottlieb Volley. Can’t put a price on these pins .

Agree. I can relate as I have a Medieval Madness I bought new in 1997.

My Whirlwinds weren’t new but I combined one with a great cabinet and one with an excellent playfield to get my keeper. Sold the remaining game with an NOS playfield (which I probably should have kept) but would have to spend well over $4k to get a WW as nice as the one I have now. It is absolutely amazing how fast any decent WW sells for these days. WW (and to a lesser extent EATPM) have got to be the most in demand System 11s these days.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/huo-whirlwind-price-check/page/2?hl=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.