(Topic ID: 227198)

HUO (undocumented)????????????????

By timab2000

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ypF9h8d0KWvxZpPa (resized).jpg
    IMG_4664 (resized).JPG
    13260041_1701058860158323_7597648533150492034_n (resized).jpg
    There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Maybe we should re-do descriptions....

Or just teach people how to take good detailed well lit pictures.

#52 5 years ago

Out of my games it’s funny, the game I know the most about and 100% know was routed for a decade is actually my nicest, most pristine game. Baby Pac really does look incredible and it’s bulletproof.

Yet my Night Moves was claimed to be “one owner” and it clearly has been played and left on location and abused.

So yes, it’s really up to you. Condition and the buyer’s inspection is the only true way to be sure of anything

#53 5 years ago

Because it was only on location a year?

#54 5 years ago

I'll throw my 2 cents in the pot.
    I have 2 undocumented HUO pins. If I were to sell them they would be listed as that.
    1) LOTR. Bought from original owner that was a huge LOTR fan. Knew nothing about pinball. Game was original code with only around 250 plays. Besides for a little dusty game looked brand new. The guy was moving and had everything in his house packed up so couldn't find the receipts from purchase. Said he would send them to me but I told him not to worry about it because I don't plan on selling it. I've updated code to the LE with shaker motor and lost track of total plays. Lifetime earning shows $0. Not a mark on the game anywhere. Now I did make a huge mistake transporting this one. Didn't have any shrink wrap and forgot my blanket. Since it was a 5 hour drive I strapped it with the straps going around the front of the cab and hooked to my seats. By the time I got home, both corner edges on the front were scuffed from the strap. Live and learn.
    2) MET Pro. I'm third owner. Bought it from a local Pinsider who bought it from another semi-local pinsider. Game code was updated so total plays not known. Total lifetime earnings $0. I don't have the original sales receipt so this would also be undocumented HUO even though I could track down to original owner if needed.

These examples are how you get undocumented HUO. Why not list them that way if they really are?

#55 5 years ago

Really... all HUOs are undocumented if you really think about it. Just approach an HUO sale as just that. Condition is everything. I would advertise an HUO as a very low play game and let the buyer decide.

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Why are people so bothered with how people sell pins?

I think and the reason for this post, and why I posted it, is that when someone says"HUO", with no proof, they tend to jack up the price as if it were some special item. And then people wonder why prices are out of control.

Then when you look at it and maybe make an offer lower than what they want, they tend to get all offended.

I am with a lot of others that have said just post good clear pictures, be honest about the condition, and stop with all the ridiculous "catch phrases" that are intended to raise the price.

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

I think and the reason for this post, and why I posted it, is that when someone says"HUO", with no proof, they tend to jack up the price as if it were some special item. And then people wonder why prices are out of control.
    Then when you look at it and maybe make an offer lower than what they want, they tend to get all offended.
    I am with a lot of others that have said just post good clear pictures, be honest about the condition, and stop with all the ridiculous "catch phrases" that are intended to raise the price.

Well thanks to your post I’m sure this issue is now under control.

Thanks dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!

???????????????????????!!!!!!!!!

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from RyanStl:

How about a 20 year old pin, but it's been HUO for 10 with the same battery and only a few plays. What's that worth?

How about a sample TZ. Bought new. Son inherited it. Goes to sell it. Turn on only a few lights. Open game up, owner didn't know you could take the glass off. Go to lift playfield up and mice start hopping out all over.

What's that worth ?

LTG : )

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from HighProtein:

Because it was only on location a year?

Because it was in a tough home and that lock bar and bolts were needed.

#60 5 years ago

all the games I bought NIB I didn't get a receipt for. I have the boxes for them, but never got a receipt.

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I have the boxes for them, but never got a receipt.

Don;t have the box or a receipt.

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Bought it from a local Pinsider who bought it from another semi-local pinsider.

What is a semi-local pinsider?

#63 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well thanks to your post I’m sure this issue is now under control.

Thanks dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always willing to help, no worries.

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

I get it but my point was that's just what people do. You always want top dollar for the pin you are selling and bottom dollar for the pin you are buying. You focus on the positives when selling and focus on the negatives when buying. That's just human nature 101. People can ask whatever they want on price but you don't have to accept it as a buyer. I get bothered when the price police show up and beat down the seller even though they have no interest in buying the game. Let the market decide what the price should be.

I have a Shadow that is probably HUO but of course no documentation. Whenever I sell it, I'm not going to pretend the game isn't super nice nor sell if for the price of an average condition one. If I sold it through pinside for a premium, I would no doubt expect to get a flood of criticism saying Shadow is a $2800 game, gameplay is terrible, there is a scratch somewhere, and the whole prices are out of control thing.

#65 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Because it was in a tough home and that lock bar and bolts were needed.

Some of those Boy's Homes can be pretty tough.

But it's still home use only.

ypF9h8d0KWvxZpPa (resized).jpgypF9h8d0KWvxZpPa (resized).jpg
    #66 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I have a game that is HUO with no documentation. It was never routed and it is immediately obvious. I'm pretty sure I'm only the second owner.

I have a huo Superman. I bought it from a flipper, but you see it and you know. I keep it covered. A very respected tech came to my warehouse to work on another game and yelled out “can I look under the blanket”. I yelled go ahead. He got as far as the owl eyes, and freaked out “this isn’t what I think it is, is it?” I look at the game and all I can think about is the pf and cab. He couldn’t get over the coin mechs, saying he never saw unused Atari ones. You damn welll better believe I’m advertising it as huo undocumented if I ever part with it. If a prospective buyer doesn’t believe, so be it

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/huo-undocumented/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.