20140718_003458.jpg
tz4sale-2644.jpg
tz4sale-2640.jpg
tz4sale-2597.jpg
tz4sale-2588.jpg
tz4sale-2574.jpg
tz4sale-2558.jpg
tz4sale-2571.jpg
There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

The point I'm making is, this game is nicer than what the pictures indicate. If I spend too much time cleaning the game up, taking pictures, wiping everything down, I'm going to change my mind.
I know saying "HUO" gets half of pinsides panties in a bunch, sorry about that,

Sounds like you're not really serious about selling the pin since you don't even want to clean it (for fear you might decide to keep it lol) so it's not very likely potential buyers are going to take your price very seriously either.

#52 9 years ago

MJPOP.gifMJPOP.gif
#53 9 years ago

If this pin was huo and perfect condition then I could possibly see 6500 or 7 but its not and I dont know y someone would pay that much just to have a huo not in excellent condition but if it was perfect but not huo then I dunno lol u all got that lol

#54 9 years ago

mmmmm popcorn

#55 9 years ago

So...like RobT said...

You don't bother to clean it.

You don't bother to take plenty of good pictures.

You want top dollar for this machine.

Um...popcorn time....!

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Which means it wasn't manhandled

It kinda looks manhandled.

Quoted from PinballHelp:

I deserve points off for selling such a nice game without taking an hour and cleaning it up

More like 2000 points off.

Quoted from PinballHelp:

I'll obviously have to fix that if I keep the game.

You will probably be keeping the game at that price. Sorry to shit on your sale thread but you do not have a $8500 TZ on your hands.

#57 9 years ago

I am selling a HUO game for $9,000 but I prefer not to mention the title since I would rather not sell it. If someone wants to snatch it up you can PM me

PS - Trades are possible despite the fact I am not in the "Trading" business.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I am selling a HUO game for $9,000 but I prefer not to mention the title since I would rather not sell it. If someone wants to snatch it up you can PM me

pm sent

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

hmmm... it can't be a Tron. price is too low

#60 9 years ago

I can't even believe TZ is a $5K game. Wish I had bought all the $1K ones when I had the chance.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I can't even believe TZ is a $5K game. Wish I had bought all the $1K ones when I had the chance.

Agreed! Pinball machines(or any other commodity) is worth only what someone is willing(foolish) enough to pay. If all future buyers held off purchasing these obscenely priced pins, sellers would have to lower the prices to more realistic values.
But hey, everyone on pinside knows it's strictly a "sellers" market, "HUO" and ""Shopped" are agreed upon, standardized terms, and that this pin will never sell for $8,500

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Giardiasis:

Agreed! Pinball machines(or any other commodity) is worth only what someone is willing(foolish) enough to pay. If all future buyers held off purchasing these obscenely priced pins, sellers would have to lower the prices to more realistic values.But hey, everyone on pinside knows it's strictly a "sellers" market, "HUO" and ""Shopped" are agreed upon, standardized terms, and that this pin will never sell for $8,500

The more I read your posts, the more you remind me of Kaneda. Are you sure you two aren't related somehow?

#63 9 years ago

clean.jpgclean.jpg

Umm, I'll take the one on the left, it looks more original and I don't think the owner is trying to hide anything by washing it.

#64 9 years ago

this is going to get ugly.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

this is going to get ugly.

It was assured to end up that way. Higher than normal price, bad pics, dirty machine, asking people to "be the judge" of a "HUO" etc...Grand Lizard to the OP but if you ask for it and then get kind of snippy in responses...there's no other outcome.

#66 9 years ago

Agreed, I was politely biting my tongue until the thread fell apart already.

#67 9 years ago

saying you dont really want to sell never works. What does it really mean? Your placing a FS ad

#68 9 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

saying you dont really want to sell never works. What does it really mean? Your placing a FS ad

Because the seller is going fishing and hoping someone will be desperate and want a machine NOW and willing to pay the don't-want-to-sell-it price

#69 9 years ago

You guys are trying WAY too hard on this one.

Beat him up on price if you want and whine about the dirty subway that he didn't clean (the game is 20 years old!!!!).

But it sure looks like HUO to me and there's no reason he shouldn't say it is. You don't see backboards, the wood under the playfield, or lockdown bar receivers that clean on 20 year old games that aren't HUO. It's simple as that.

I've had a few old HUO games, including a Pinbot and a Captain Fantastic. You know HUO when you see it when it comes to games this old.

Whine all you want. The game is HUO and he's got every right to claim it. He doesn't need a fucking receipt, that's ridiculous. The usual signs of bullshit HUO claims simply aren't there.

#70 9 years ago

prob right crazylevi but it takes a lot of plays to get a subway that dirty. Game is very nice.

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I don't think I've removed the subway. I know it needs cleaning. I need to find out more about the slot spring - don't know about that..
I'll be honest, I didn't even wipe down the machine before I took pictures. I could have cleaned it up a bit and made it look a lot better, but basically I would prefer not to sell the machine, so I'm throwing it up quickly to see if someone will bite. If they don't, then I guess I'll keep it.
Now way is this a $6200 machine. No friggin way.
The Boston Pinball database of actual eBay sales as of last month has 31 TZs selling for an average price of $6144. That's the average price. There is no way my game is anywhere near average.
Granted, I deserve points off for selling such a nice game without taking an hour and cleaning it up... that's definitely bad on me, but as I said, I wanted to put it up for sale ASAP. If I start cleaning the thing, I'm going to think twice about why I'm selling it and back out.. so there's a method to my madness.. lol

I'd keep it. No way is PPS ever going to remake this title due to kazillion dollar licensing rights involved.

I think you are purely basing your price set point on other sales alone. That would drive anyone crazy wondering why it wouldn't sell. You wanted feedback and by the looks of it you are taking it in stride, so those points to you. But keep in mind, my fellow collector, We here at Pinside are the Creme' de la Creme' of CQ.

Honesty here from a fellow TZ collector and TZ restorer. YOU WILL BE LUCKY TO GET $6200.
I'm not trying to be argumentative here, just honest.

I really hope you prove me wrong.

#72 9 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

The more I read your posts, the more you remind me of Kaneda. Are you sure you two aren't related somehow?

Quoted from chrisjens2:

Quoted from chrisjens2:

你是一个迪克.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from Giardiasis:

你是一个迪克.

Haha. No he isn't. lol.

#74 9 years ago

你是一个迪克 = kung pow chicken ??

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

你是一个迪克 = kung pow chicken ??

Let me put it this way: this is the ONLY other white meat all Chinese guys would not eat!

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from Giardiasis:

Agreed! Pinball machines(or any other commodity) is worth only what someone is willing(foolish) enough to pay. If all future buyers held off purchasing these obscenely priced pins, sellers would have to lower the prices to more realistic values.
But hey, everyone on pinside knows it's strictly a "sellers" market, "HUO" and ""Shopped" are agreed upon, standardized terms, and that this pin will never sell for $8,500

I was trying to say the same thing in the HUO walking dead thread but people don't understand, they just get angry.

This one is a little high for me and if it is HUO which it very well might be I would need proof for that high of a price. I may be a little more forgiving of proof it was lower priced. GLWTS

#77 9 years ago

I would love to find a pin within driving distance, but seems like to many head games anymore. Not to mention it's seems to be mostly about making a big profit. Heck, just a few years ago. I had a hard time selling a pretty decent TSPP for less than $2500.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Sounds like you're not really serious about selling the pin since you don't even want to clean it (for fear you might decide to keep it lol) so it's not very likely potential buyers are going to take your price very seriously either.

Yes you are correct. I'm serious if I have an offer in the range I'm thinking. If I have to clean it up, it is possible my range may be more stringent or I may change my mind.

The operative thing is, if I make a deal with someone I'll stick to it. The more time that goes by, I have a chance to scrounge up money from other sources. If that happens before I have an offer, then I'll pull the ad. I'd prefer to keep the machine. But I also need to get some cash.

Quoted from bigd1979:

If this pin was huo and perfect condition then I could possibly see 6500 or 7 but its not and I dont know y someone would pay that much just to have a huo not in excellent condition but if it was perfect but not huo then I dunno lol u all got that lol

If it was in "perfect" condition, people would still be griping I guess I started the fire by using "HUO" which some people seem to think means "perfect" which it doesn't.

What my game is being sold as, is an original game that has a low number of plays that hasn't been operated. It's not being sold as "perfect." It could be totally cleaned up and made acceptable to many high end people on pinside who are into "trophy pinball collecting" but that's not me, and I'm not trying to pass the game off as that. I'm not into that. I get games to play. I don't care if they have a small ding here or there as long as they play like they're supposed to.

I think the problem here is we have different types of collectors clashing. I'm not HEP. I'm not selling a game that has been totally stripped and polished. It's just a great example of an un-molested, original game. That appeals to certain people.

Quoted from underlord:

I think you are purely basing your price set point on other sales alone. That would drive anyone crazy wondering why it wouldn't sell. You wanted feedback and by the looks of it you are taking it in stride, so those points to you. But keep in mind, my fellow collector, We here at Pinside are the Creme' de la Creme' of CQ.

Yea, I had a feeling I was going to catch heat. I'm not a CQ collector. I'm a player. I don't have the time to tear a machine down to nuts and bolts and polish every piece. Those of you who do, that's great, but no sense attacking me because my game doesn't meet your standards. I never said it was that type of game, and I have no intention of collecting those games. My collection is for playing. But this game could be polished if someone was inclined. It's not me. Once I get a game playing as original, that's what I like, whether there's a spec of dust or a chip here or there.

#79 9 years ago

By the way, you guys out there who cherish "perfect games", that's awesome. I wish I had the time and money to have such a focused, finely-tuned collection.

But here in the South, there aren't nearly as many games in nice condition, and the project that I'm doing with our private arcade is a big job. I'm the main guy maintaining about 100 games, and it's supposed to be a hobby/side project that is quickly becoming all-consuming. I can empathize what someone like Tim Arnold has to deal with just keeping games going, much less trying to make them really spotless.

I guess I should have spent some time and cleaned the game up before taking pictures. To be honest, I kinda did it real fast before I could think about it. I did a video of the gameplay the other day and I forgot how much fun this game is. It had been stuffed into a back corner for six months unplugged while I worked on other games. I knew I needed money and I thought this might be one game that could bring in something quickly. I didn't know there was going to be an argument about what it was worth. I looked at Boston Pinball and saw $6200 as an average on eBay, not including shipping, and I think my range is realistic compared to that. So that's where I was coming from.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from Giardiasis:

你是一个迪克.

Something got lost in the translation. My genuine apologies! I meant to say
你是一个不错的人

#81 9 years ago

Cowards hide behind insults in foreign languages, and for someone who doesn't even own a pinball you sure talk a lot. I'm not impressed

#82 9 years ago

I think where you may have gotten in some trouble was when you said:

"it could probably easily be put in museum/collector quality"

This type of comment..will indeed..start the scrutinizing.

#83 9 years ago

I guess money's not that tight if you're asking $2K above the average price.

I bet if you listed it at the average price you'd get some nibbles. But $8,500 is HEP territory, and sir, this is no HEP.

#84 9 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

It's that reverse psychology thing that gets them every single time!

#85 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You don't see backboards, the wood under the playfield, or lockdown bar receivers that clean on 20 year old games that aren't HUO. It's simple as that.

You are dead wrong.

It's as simple as that.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from Giardiasis:

你是一个不错的人

你是一个不错的人 = Cream of Sum-Yun-Gi ?
how do you know all these words?

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from Giardiasis:

你是一个不错的人

He seems to be...

Quoted from chrisjens2:Cowards hide behind insults in foreign languages, and for someone who doesn't even own a pinball you sure talk a lot. I'm not impressed

The ONE time he's being nice in Chinese!!!! Christ on a cracker!!

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Who's Sum-Yun-Gi? Was he in Street Fighter?

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from devlman:

Who's Sum-Yun-Gi? Was he in Street Fighter?

hehehe....

it's all in how you pronounce it

#91 9 years ago

Just list it as SOLD and close the thread. Have your buddy list it two weeks later, at that point you can point out how the new going price is $8500

Too soon?

#92 9 years ago

I dunno...

#93 9 years ago

I usually stay out and let these things run their coarse but it is fun to poke the bear once in a while lol

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

I let these things run their coarse.

That's a fine thing to say. Of course you do!

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

Ancient Chinese secret my friend! It's been guarded for centuries.

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

By the way, you guys out there who cherish "perfect games", that's awesome. I wish I had the time and money to have such a focused, finely-tuned collection.
But here in the South, there aren't nearly as many games in nice condition, and the project that I'm doing with our private arcade is a big job. I'm the main guy maintaining about 100 games, and it's supposed to be a hobby/side project that is quickly becoming all-consuming. I can empathize what someone like Tim Arnold has to deal with just keeping games going, much less trying to make them really spotless.
I guess I should have spent some time and cleaned the game up before taking pictures. To be honest, I kinda did it real fast before I could think about it. I did a video of the gameplay the other day and I forgot how much fun this game is. It had been stuffed into a back corner for six months unplugged while I worked on other games. I knew I needed money and I thought this might be one game that could bring in something quickly. I didn't know there was going to be an argument about what it was worth. I looked at Boston Pinball and saw $6200 as an average on eBay, not including shipping, and I think my range is realistic compared to that. So that's where I was coming from.

it aint about perfect games its about pricing one that isnst perfect higher then perfect games sell for.

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

it aint about perfect games its about pricing one that isnst perfect higher then perfect games sell for.

Nice.

#98 9 years ago

Please move this to the CL topic.....

I want a nice close-up of the coin door.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 43.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 22.50
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 29.95
$ 12.95
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, CA
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 6.00
Lighting - Led
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Bradenton, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 98 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/huo-tz-for-sale-possible-trade/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.