Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by RobT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

I love my simpson's but I finally got a chance to play AC/DC LE, and I honestly think if the opportunity came along with a decent trade (yes, I know cash + TSPP), I might pull the trigger. I only played a couple of games, but it just 'felt' right. I know with it being a SR pin, I don't have to worry about rules and flow. I just didn't think I'd dig the music integration as much as I did.

#2 11 years ago

Good luck robertmee

#3 11 years ago

Its the best pin to date, Just sold my pro and added a premium

#4 11 years ago

What are the 2nd Run prem's going for? I'm very much out of touch with NIB pricing and suppliers.

#5 11 years ago

I've heard as low as 6200 shipped but can't confirm, but I just paid 6325 shipped.

#6 11 years ago

I'd work a trade with you of you were closer... I'd love a TSPP

#7 11 years ago

TSPP is the better game than AC/DC but I sold mine to get one.

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I'd work a trade with you of you were closer... I'd love a TSPP

Weren't you saying 3 weeks ago ACDC was he greatest ever?

#9 11 years ago

I'd consider the same trade with my TSPP. Good luck to you!

#10 11 years ago

ACDC is good, but not TSPP-good. Right now ACDC is new but if you're patient you can surely make that trade.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

TSPP is the better game than AC/DC but I sold mine to get one.

No it isn't. Not even close.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

In your opinion...I think many feel the opposite. I get your huge appreciation and fervor for ACDC, but any comparison is purely subjective and hugely biased. I didn't get to play ACDC enough to form an opinion of my own, but many I've talked to that have experience between the two say TSPP is a better game, but ACDC is more flashy and gives the instantaneous rush. TSPP is more of a building of accomplishments and modes, with some intense drama (AI), humor (mystery spot), and a rule set that rivals all.

#13 11 years ago

They're about 2000-2500 apart on pricing, that's a lot of money to give/get on a trade.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

They're about 2000-2500 apart on pricing, that's a lot of money to give/get on a trade.

Not as much anymore...TSPP has rocketed up. HUO's that were $3500 a year ago are $4500+ now. Routed TSPP's have been going for 4K.

NIB ACDC with the clear lens is 6.2K delivered. So, some of the old ones are going to be sold/traded/dumped. NIB Premium just sold for 5.7K in Winston.

If best case of 4.5K for HUO TSPP and best case 5.5K for ACDC out of box, that's only 1K difference.

I can be patient...I waited 1.5 years for my MC

#15 11 years ago

ACDC & TSPP would really compliment each other well, just make it rain & own both

Why not sell a different machine, donate plasma, build an addition, rob a bank?

I know this isn't a poll thread but I too feel TSPP has more to offer a player than any version of ACDC. Of course I can certainly see the appeal to ACDC too.

Ahh the hard decisions we have to make as North Americans with disposable income while living in the highlight of the petro-electric culture.

#16 11 years ago

I too have both and they make nice complimentary pins. If one HAD to go, I'd get rid of ACDC with no hesitation.

#17 11 years ago

Suppose I could sell Scared Stiff instead ....nah

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Not as much anymore...TSPP has rocketed up. HUO's that were $3500 a year ago are $4500+ now. Routed TSPP's have been going for 4K.
NIB ACDC with the clear lens is 6.2K delivered. So, some of the old ones are going to be sold/traded/dumped. NIB Premium just sold for 5.7K in Winston.
If best case of 4.5K for HUO TSPP and best case 5.5K for ACDC out of box, that's only 1K difference.
I can be patient...I waited 1.5 years for my MC

Wow! If you think that's the difference, then you're right, you will have to be patient! Too many TSPPs come up for sale/trade.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

In your opinion...

Duh.

Is it really required that I put "IMO" after every post?

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Duh.
Is it really required that I put "IMO" after every post?

Nope....When you say it with such conviction and re-emphasize it like it's a fact, it might help however, IMO.

#21 11 years ago

Wow! If you think that's the difference, then you're right, you will have to be patient! Too many TSPPs come up for sale/trade.

It's not really what I think...It's what empirical evidence supports:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-huo-tspp-phoenix-az-4500

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-huo-tspp-in-socal

Granted, those were asking prices, so I don't know what they actually sold for, but it is a start.

As for ACDC:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/winston-salem-auction - SOLD NIB Prem for $5700

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-acdc-premium Prem for $5800 w/ Invisiglass

So, it's not fantastical to think $1K difference given the right circumstances. Certainly much lower than 2.0 to 2.5K that you suggested, IMO.

#22 11 years ago

At least quote it correctly. I said 2000-2500.

Lets just see what happens, yes?

#23 11 years ago

So you expect to make full market price for your Tspp but expect the person with ACDC to take a loss. Sounds like flawed logic since you're the one looking to trade.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

So you expect to make full market price for your Tspp but expect the person with ACDC to take a loss. Sounds like flawed logic since you're the one looking to trade.

+1

#25 11 years ago

Do I expect it with some degree of certainty? Of course not. Could it happen because someone wants a TSPP and doesn't want a ACDC? Of course. Don't take it personal...I'm not asking for YOU to trade your ACDC

I also have market forces on my side. New run of ACDC that's superior to the current crop of machines. That's more supply to meet the demand. The demand for TSPP is established and there is no increasing supply. They are not going to make anymore.

Why is it the most vocal opponents are the ones that own ACDC? You think I'm going to single handedly devalue your investment

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 11 years ago

At least quote it correctly. I said 2000-2500.
Lets just see what happens, yes?

Fair enough... amended my statement...And that's the only thing that really matters in the long run. What happens...

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Nope....When you say it with such conviction and re-emphasize it like it's a fact, it might help however, IMO.

Help how?

Explain that to me. Were you or anyone else actually confused as to whether my statement was an opinion instead of a fact simply because I stated it with "conviction" (to use your words)?

#28 11 years ago

Keep TSPP. I do like AC/DC, but there's no way I'm giving my TSPP up for that.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Help how?
Explain that to me. Were you or anyone else actually confused as to whether my statement was an opinion instead of a fact simply because I stated it with "conviction" (to use your words)?

Edit: Thought better of my comments....

It was sarcasm, Rob...Enjoy your ACDC and congrats on the sale of your TSPP

#30 11 years ago

TSPP and LOTR are the two best Stern games to date IMO but I get stick of any game no matter how good so I sold both for a XMEN LE and AC/DC pre. I am happy to be able to rotate games in and out, I rarely miss anything I sell... Just not that attached I guess.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

TSPP and LOTR are the two best Stern games to date IMO but I get stick of any game no matter how good so I sold both for a XMEN LE and AC/DC pre. I am happy to be able to rotate games in and out, I rarely miss anything I sell... Just not that attached I guess.

Kind of the same boat I'm in with TSPP...I tend to keep my horror themed pins around as I like that theme in general, but TSPP nor ACDC fit that mold, so to me, even though TSPP may be a superior game, its really the only game I have to sell/trade towards an ACDC. It's not so much the $ but the limited space I have to maintain/store pins.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Help how?

Yeah it's the "not even close" ...Opinions are opinions but I would say they are equal quality games in the sense that they both accomplish what they set out to do in an extremely polished way. They're so different conceptually it's kind of weird to compare them in any other sense that they represent physical design/code sync at their very best.

ACDC excels at being modern, that's for sure...and there's an argument for that aspect making it superior in an audio/visual sense. The sound quality and color changing light shows are insane! TSPP is a modern classic, though...and I believe will remain so.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Do I expect it with some degree of certainty? Of course not. Could it happen because someone wants a TSPP and doesn't want a ACDC? Of course. Don't take it personal...I'm not asking for YOU to trade your ACDC
I also have market forces on my side. New run of ACDC that's superior to the current crop of machines. That's more supply to meet the demand. The demand for TSPP is established and there is no increasing supply. They are not going to make anymore.
Why is it the most vocal opponents are the ones that own ACDC? You think I'm going to single handedly devalue your investment

Sounds like you're taking it personal. I don't care if my acdc drops by 2k its not for sale and I don't have a premium. Unless Stern made too many ACDC machines don't expect the price to drop. I was just telling it like I see it, sorry if that bothers you. Also your last question can also be true of you with your TSPP. You just let me know what I said that was untrue. Anyway goodluck with your trade.

#34 11 years ago

Robert , you are better off selling the TSPP as I doubt you will find a trade. I sold a perfect HUO TSPP last week for 4K without trying so I am sure you can get between 4 to 4.5 k for yours.

AC/DC is in another class and should not be compared to TSPP .

Jim

#35 11 years ago

Both are great games with vastly different play styles and approaches. I compare AC/DC to a game of darts. Players are each going to get their turn and can employ any strategy they wish to earn their points. TSPP is a long, slow game of modes. Sure, scores matter a bit, but it is not a game you can really play with others as the ball times can be so long.

I love TSPP, but my play style has changed. I prefer the quick games that kick me back.

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Robert , you are better off selling the TSPP as I doubt you will find a trade. I sold a perfect HUO TSPP last week for 4K without trying so I am sure you can get between 4 to 4.5 k for yours.
AC/DC is in another class and should not be compared to TSPP .
Jim

Jim...you're probably right....ill likely secure an acdc first and then sell the tspp later.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

And the award for most presumptuous comment of 2012 goes to..

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

ACDC excels at being modern, that's for sure...

Modern? Modern??? I like the game but it's modern in that 1978-era technology is "modern." The game ISN'T EVEN IN STEREO! There's nothing revolutionary about it; there's no unique playfield features. The bell is kinda cool, but it's not unique. There are a dozen games with cannons in them. Stern should have dumped that crappy low-res DMD 5+ years ago.

TSPP was a ground-breaking, innovative game, introducing all kinds of cool features and gameplay dynamics. ACDC is nice but it's not in the same league as TSPP. TSPP has tons more shots. ACDC is Stern simply picking a theme that doesn't suck as bad as their other themes, and doing a *halfway decent* version of it.

And because pinball manufacturers have been living 20 years in the past, when one of them adds a modern day piece of tech like RGB LEDs everybody freaks out like monkeys around a monolith. It's a shame the bar has been so low for so long that this makes a game "greatest evah!"

Yes, everybody is entitled to their opinions, but wait a year and see if ACDC is still as widely regarded. It won't be. Right now it's the flavor of the month.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Edit: Thought better of my comments....
It was sarcasm, Rob...Enjoy your ACDC and congrats on the sale of your TSPP

After re-reading your post I do see where I could have missed your sarcasm. Sorry about that. It might have helped if you put a little winky emoticon at the end of your post IMO.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

And the award for most presumptuous comment of 2012 goes to..

Nice edit. Jackass

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Nice edit. Jackass

Seriously, go troll elsewhere. You know everything already obviously, and yet nobody seems that interested in taking advantage of your spectacular wisdom.

You should change your avatar to picture of a guy sharpening an axe.

#42 11 years ago

Every day pinside gets more and more like RGP. Why in the hell do supposedly grown men resort to such schoolyard behavior once the audience gets over a certain size? My pin can lick your pin.. Nannie Nannie boo boo.. If you didn't feel Roberts proposed trade was realistic just move on or wish him luck. I'm sure ACDC is as good as Stern gets these days given the love it's getting lately but better than a time tested and proven TSPP? Well, time will tell.

Robert, my advice is keep TSPP, Stern quality was at its peak with that one.

If you do decide to do it, good luck!

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

In your opinion...I think many feel the opposite. I get your huge appreciation and fervor for ACDC, but any comparison is purely subjective and hugely biased. I didn't get to play ACDC enough to form an opinion of my own, but many I've talked to that have experience between the two say TSPP is a better game, but ACDC is more flashy and gives the instantaneous rush. TSPP is more of a building of accomplishments and modes, with some intense drama (AI), humor (mystery spot), and a rule set that rivals all.

Why sell it if its the better game to buy an inferior game?

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Why sell it if its the better game to buy an inferior game?

Quoted from VisitorQ:

VisitorQ said it best....^

I'm pretty sure we all sell superior games at some point, and end up buying/trying games that may not be superior, whether according to the masses or to our own personal taste....It's part of sampling all the games you can with finite resources (money, space or both). I doubt anyone is always trading up.

#45 11 years ago

EVERYONE I know has sold/got rid of their TSPP very soon after the purchase. It's OK but no keeper! It's one of the Stern "Old" clunkers, just play and you'll see. The rules are way to deep and the shots just don't flow! Love how the game looks but it BLOWS! Bottom line is trade that game ASAP, if you're grabbing a ACDC? Smart move. 100X the game TSPP is.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Modern? Modern??? I like the game but it's modern in that 1978-era technology is "modern." The game ISN'T EVEN IN STEREO! There's nothing revolutionary about it; there's no unique playfield features. The bell is kinda cool, but it's not unique. There are a dozen games with cannons in them. Stern should have dumped that crappy low-res DMD 5+ years ago.
TSPP was a ground-breaking, innovative game, introducing all kinds of cool features and gameplay dynamics. ACDC is nice but it's not in the same league as TSPP. TSPP has tons more shots. ACDC is Stern simply picking a theme that doesn't suck as bad as their other themes, and doing a *halfway decent* version of it.
And because pinball manufacturers have been living 20 years in the past, when one of them adds a modern day piece of tech like RGB LEDs everybody freaks out like monkeys around a monolith. It's a shame the bar has been so low for so long that this makes a game "greatest evah!"
Yes, everybody is entitled to their opinions, but wait a year and see if ACDC is still as widely regarded. It won't be. Right now it's the flavor of the month.

I wish you were capable of having fun.

#47 11 years ago

Sounds like you're taking it personal. I don't care if my acdc drops by 2k its not for sale and I don't have a premium. Unless Stern made too many ACDC machines don't expect the price to drop. I was just telling it like I see it, sorry if that bothers you. Also your last question can also be true of you with your TSPP. You just let me know what I said that was untrue. Anyway goodluck with your trade.

Not taking it personal and it doesn't bother me at all. At the end of the day, we all do what we want to do anyway, so it's really no bother.

As for your point about my last question, touche. You are correct in that we all have our bias's. I am willing however, to try ACDC at the expense of TSPP, and form my own opinions as to which one suits my tastes better.

#48 11 years ago

Case and point exejet

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Every day pinside gets more and more like RGP. Why in the hell do supposedly grown men resort to such schoolyard behavior once the audience gets over a certain size? My pin can lick your pin.. Nannie Nannie boo boo.. If you didn't feel Roberts proposed trade was Not realistic just move on or wish him luck. I'm sure ACDC is as good as Stern gets these days given the love it's getting lately but better than a time tested and proven TSPP? Well, time will tell.

Robert, my advice is keep TSPP, Stern quality was at its peak with that one.

If you do decide to do it, good luck!

Classic ! Bitches about the activity being negative on Pinside , then gives out his own backhanded insult to newer Stern owners ?

Jim

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Seriously, go troll elsewhere. You know everything already obviously, and yet nobody seems that interested in taking advantage of your spectacular wisdom.
You should change your Avatar to picture of a guy sharpening an axe.

Seriously, *you* stop trolling me. It gets pretty old seeing you respond to my posts with your tired crap. Speaking of a know it all. Is there anyone here on all of Pinside who pretends to have more knowledge than you? Nope. Not one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,899 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sioux Falls, SD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
$ 16.00
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 218.00
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 18.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/huo-tspp-for-acdc-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.