9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by DaveH
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“HUO Question , thoughts”

• HUO means just that... HUO (hence the word "only") 14 votes
      78%
    • HUO means you can drag it to shows, events, tournaments or other non coin op location venues..and still call it HUO. 4 votes
      22%

(18 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 9 years ago

Ok big question:
    if you have a HUO machine and you bring it to a show, or other event where the public is playing it many times OUTSIDE of a home (even if on free play)...is it still HUO?

#2 9 years ago

No longer HUO once it is used at an event or anywhere the public is playing it, outside of the home.

LTG : )™
    Disclaimer : Doesn't matter where it has been, it always comes down to condition.

#3 9 years ago

Have to agree with Lloyd. Too many people seem to be using HUO as "only used at home since I bought it" or with some other qualifier. To me, HUO means "I bought the game, opened the box at home and the game hasn't left my house".

You can always go with NOC (never operated commercially) for the other scenario.

#4 9 years ago

HUO, shopped, restored, routed, NOC (new one on me) all are subjective. Opinions differ on meanings. The ONLY thing that really matters is condition. I have seen people that beat the crap out of their HUO pins, failed to maintain them as needed, restorations that varied from somebody replacing a ramp to a HEP quality restoration, shopped pins that mimic restorations to changing a couple of bulbs and easy rubbers. Condition, condition, condition.

#5 9 years ago

According to Pinside it can mean anything you want it to.

#6 9 years ago

HUO = Home Use Only. I guess that translates to ホームのみ使用

DaveH - HUO since I got home from work.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/huo-question-thoughts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.