(Topic ID: 252998)

HUO, perfect all original Paragon price check...

By Classics_Master

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 39 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PW79
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

60FD417A-7C29-485C-A18F-E13FECA109B1 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191009-000425~2 (resized).png
Nugent1 (resized).jpg
Nugent2 (resized).jpg
Paragon detail9 (resized).jpg
Paragon detail8 (resized).jpg
Paragon detail6 (resized).jpg
Paragon detail7 (resized).jpg
Paragon detail5 (resized).jpg
Paragon detail2 (resized).jpg
Paragon detail4 (resized).jpg
Paragon detail4.jpg
Paragon detail1.jpg
Paragon detail1 (resized).jpg
Paragon detail2 (resized).jpg
Paragon detail3 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Hey guys,

I have an amazing find, a truly HUO Paragon. All original backglass, drop targets, pop bumper caps, spinner, plastic sets and coils all in like new condition. Has original bill of sale along with manual, and there is no fade to the cabinet anywhere. The reds are vibrant and bold on both sides of cabinet! I've not seen another Paragon like this anywhere. (Also note inside the coin door and under the lockdown bar condition). I'm attaching a few pics as well. I'm trying to decide what games to bring to Pinball Expo this year to sell, so anyone interested in this game let me know. With the way game prices are going nowadays, any idea what the value on this game would be???

Thanks!

Paragon HUO1 (resized).jpgParagon HUO1 (resized).jpgParagon HUO10 (resized).jpgParagon HUO10 (resized).jpgParagon HUO11 (resized).jpgParagon HUO11 (resized).jpgParagon HUO2 (resized).jpgParagon HUO2 (resized).jpgParagon HUO3 (resized).jpgParagon HUO3 (resized).jpgParagon HUO4 (resized).jpgParagon HUO4 (resized).jpgParagon HUO5 (resized).jpgParagon HUO5 (resized).jpgParagon HUO6 (resized).jpgParagon HUO6 (resized).jpgParagon HUO7 (resized).jpgParagon HUO7 (resized).jpgParagon HUO8 (resized).jpgParagon HUO8 (resized).jpgParagon HUO9 (resized).jpgParagon HUO9 (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

$4000-$8000 (for the right lunatic).

it is a pretty popular game.

#3 4 years ago

Pretty!

#4 4 years ago

Wow! That's quite a find. It's a very popular title. I'm not sure exactly what you could get for it, but I'm guessing a minimum of $4,000.

#5 4 years ago

Curious to know what the price on the bill of sale was when new. Great score.

#6 4 years ago

Thanks, just not sure on the price? I recall once at Pinball Expo a few years back, someone offering a ridiculous price for a completely restored Fathom, over $10k Also remember when the TKO sold for over $10k there as well. Sometimes it's just the rarity which causes these prices, but other times it's just finding a game in this amazing condition that demands high prices. It really just depends on the buyer, which makes it so hard to put a price on this game.

#7 4 years ago

I can't imagine anyone would pay anywhere close to $10k for this game, no matter how nice it is. Then again, I've seen people pay some crazy prices for games, so you never know. Looking at the pics again, it is in remarkably good condition. There are defintely some people who like to have nice originals as opposed to restored ones. How are the inserts? I'm assuming there is some cupping on the larger ones?

#8 4 years ago

I'll look when I get back home this evening, but I'm thinking it's somewhere around $2,300? It's higher than I thought it would've been for its age, but then again, this was a widebody game.

#9 4 years ago

There's actually no cupping, it looks just like a brand new playfield but its not, it's all original. It's kinda crazy, like the game was in a time capsule and transported to today. No sign of wear for each kick-out saucer at top of the field either. I'll try and take some more pictures...

#10 4 years ago

That is not the original backglass. No Paul Ferris signature. That's a translight not painted.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Classics_Master:

I'll look when I get back home this evening, but I'm thinking it's somewhere around $2,300? It's higher than I thought it would've been for its age, but then again, this was a widebody game.

$2,300 is pretty high for that era. Sure it was still very new technology, but that's over $8,000 with inflation.

I've never seen a receipt on an early HUO solid state game, but some late era Williams EMs receipts Ive seen were a little less than thousand. I can't imagine that the EM to SS transition caused that massive of a price spike.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Anonymouse:

That is not the original backglass. No Paul Ferris signature. That's a translight not painted.

Looks like a silk screened BG to me??

#13 4 years ago

where located. Ide give you 2300 for it if i am in driving distance and i have one that i have 2500 in that is just a notch down in quality already

#14 4 years ago

i see the signature right above 1 - 4 can play on the lower right where it is supposed to be

Quoted from Anonymouse:That is not the original backglass. No Paul Ferris signature. That's a translight not painted.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

$2,300 is pretty high for that era. Sure it was still very new technology, but that's over $8,000 with inflation.
I've never seen a receipt on an early HUO solid state game, but some late era Williams EMs receipts Ive seen were a little less than thousand. I can't imagine that the EM to SS transition caused that massive of a price spike.

I know my Addams Family was $3200 new.

#16 4 years ago

Looks silkscreened to me..

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

where located. Ide give you 2300 for it if i am in driving distance and i have one that i have 2500 in that is just a notch down in quality already

2300 was the price it cost new not what hes selling it for.

#18 4 years ago

How come I never find gems like this? My best find was a beat up Raven that had been sitting out in the rain and had a family of mice living in it.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from RandyW:

I know my Addams Family was $3200 new.

Yeah that sounds right ($6,000 with inflation). But the Paragon price still seems steep considering there's not a ton of stuff in that game, other than it being a wide body in general.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah that sounds right ($6,000 with inflation). But the Paragon price still seems steep considering there's not a ton of stuff in that game, other than it being a wide body in general.

Count the coils!

No way was that game $2300 in 1978, unless it was some kind of home gameroom retail sale and those places didn't really exist back then.

NIB for that game was probably around $1500

#21 4 years ago

A nicely restored one sold at Allentown this year for around 5k.

#24 4 years ago

The backglass is original, this is not a reproduction. I don't have any reproduction glass in any of my games and I never seal glass with triple thick either. I'd much rather leave the glass "as is" any day than seal it, you never know what that clear coat will do in many years down the road. That's just my opinion. I don't like LED's either, especially in classics games.

#25 4 years ago

I would think to the right guy 4-5500 ?
Maybe 6k

I personally wouldn’t pay that unless it was my favorite must have ?

#26 4 years ago

well i have a gem and it is in Florida and 2600 takes it , If i were selling .
it has cupping inserts / But the playfield is near mint

also that linked topic did not tell me how much a paragon was .

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

well i have a gem and it is in Florida and 2600 takes it , If i were selling .
it has cupping inserts / But the playfield is near mint
also that linked topic did not tell me how much a paragon was .

Did you look at the picture int hat linked topic? Because it was a receipt for Paragon, new. Just under $1900

#28 4 years ago

Yes, I'll take a pic of the receipt of my Paragon and send it here soon on my lunch break. Like I say, I thought it was over $2k, but it may not be, I cant remember, I'll send the pic soon, and more details of signature on backglass and higher res playfield pics

Thanks

#29 4 years ago

Here's more detailed pics of the HUO Paragon, taken with a flash. This shows the signature on the original backglass and amazing playfield detail. Has original bill of sale, but no price on there? This cabinet is simply amazing. I've never seen an original Paragon with zero fading in the reds and the colors this bold. Goes to show you there out there, but with being such a popular game, it would be hard to find another one out there in this overall condition. Also considering this game is all original; pop bumper caps, drop targets, flippers, red posts, plastic set, displays, boards, etc...

Paragon detail2 (resized).jpgParagon detail2 (resized).jpgParagon detail3 (resized).jpgParagon detail3 (resized).jpgParagon detail1 (resized).jpgParagon detail1 (resized).jpgParagon detail4 (resized).jpgParagon detail4 (resized).jpgParagon detail5 (resized).jpgParagon detail5 (resized).jpgParagon detail7 (resized).jpgParagon detail7 (resized).jpgParagon detail8 (resized).jpgParagon detail8 (resized).jpgParagon detail6 (resized).jpgParagon detail6 (resized).jpgParagon detail9 (resized).jpgParagon detail9 (resized).jpg
#30 4 years ago

Thanks for more pics! It's definitely a thing of beauty! Over the course of its 40 year life, the game was clearly almost never turned on. Out of curiosity, where was the game when you found it? Was it sitting in the original owner's basement all these years?

#31 4 years ago

I got this Paragon from a friend of mine, and yes he purchased the game from the original owner. He has a lot of unique games as well, including a prototype Nip-It. I've had a lot of rare games over the years and still have a few in my collection. I'm always looking for all original nice classic machines. One I wished I'd kept was a prototype Stern Nugent. It was in perfect condition just like this Paragon, and had a very unique coin door with a credit button and selector button!? I've never seen another classic Stern like it.

Nugent1 (resized).jpgNugent1 (resized).jpgNugent2 (resized).jpgNugent2 (resized).jpg
#32 4 years ago

thanks for sharing.that is a very mint game

#33 4 years ago

All this talk about how rare and nice it is and 10k this and that...and you don't post a shooter lane pic?

#34 4 years ago

It is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing!!

As far as price goes, I think you could certainly get 5k - 6k for sure, but your best bet for top dollar is getting it in front of the widest audience (eBay or the largest pinball show you can get it to). There is always some high dollar collector that will pay for top notch games. To that perfect seller, I think 8k-10k.

#35 4 years ago

Wow, nice find. It looks amazing.

#36 4 years ago

I got this Paragon from a friend of mine, and yes he purchased the game from the original owner. He has a lot of unique games as well, including a prototype Nip-It. I've had a lot of rare games over the years and still have a few in my collection. I'm always looking for all original nice classic machines. One I wished I'd kept was a prototype Stern Nugent. It was in perfect condition just like this Paragon, and had a very unique coin door with a credit button and selector button!? I've never seen another classic Stern like it.[quoted image][quoted image]

I bought and sold s Ted Nugent that was won on a radio station in SF, it was flawless with a handful of plays, came set up for the home from Stern. Sold it to a guy in LA . I paid $800 not too long ago
Those finds are few and far between!

#37 4 years ago

I got this Paragon from a friend of mine, and yes he purchased the game from the original owner. He has a lot of unique games as well, including a prototype Nip-It. I've had a lot of rare games over the years and still have a few in my collection. I'm always looking for all original nice classic machines. One I wished I'd kept was a prototype Stern Nugent. It was in perfect condition just like this Paragon, and had a very unique coin door with a credit button and selector button!? I've never seen another classic Stern like it.[quoted image][quoted image]

Neptune next to it too!!!

Screenshot_20191009-000425~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191009-000425~2 (resized).png
#38 4 years ago

Here’s a pic of the shooter lane that was requested. Has a little dirt and needs cleaning, but no wear. All good.

60FD417A-7C29-485C-A18F-E13FECA109B1 (resized).jpeg60FD417A-7C29-485C-A18F-E13FECA109B1 (resized).jpeg
#39 4 years ago

Any pooling art around the posts?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/huo-perfect-all-original-paragon-price-check- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.