9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Dr_evil_one_million_dollars.jpg
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Hey Everyone,

I have a beautiful Metallica Pro for sale. I took it out of the box a few months ago but am buying a house so I've got to let it go.

Here are some mods I did to it:

-Full LED Kit
-Crosses by pop bumpers
-Cliffy Kit
-Monster Translite signed by John Borg (I'll throw in the original Pro translight for free)

Very low plays
-Under Warranty
-I even have the original box it came in

This thing is basically brand new

#2 9 years ago

Game looks gorgeous.

I don't normally play price police, but what makes your pro's value near that of an LE?

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Game looks gorgeous.
I don't normally play price police, but what makes your pro's value near that of an LE?

New ones seem to be going for $5500 + tax and I've got close to $1K in mods hence the OBO...just trying to break even and buy a home.

It probably has 100 or so plays on it...

#4 9 years ago

I've always subscribed to the similar ideology of "if you sink 15k into your car, it doesn't raise the price by 15k"

Good luck though. Those blue LEDs sure are 'purdy.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from kmk68sin:

New ones seem to be going for $5500 + tax and I've got close to $1K in mods hence the OBO...just trying to break even and buy a home.

Other post was just trying to wake You up if You really want to sell game. You are asking what You paid for it? Can't someone get a brand new one in box for that price and buy the mods? Would You buy a new car and sell it in 6 months and expect to break even?

#6 9 years ago

Has the price of MET Pro gone up 1000 dollars in the past 6 months? I'm pretty sure people are/were paying around 4500 shipped for NIB.

#7 9 years ago

Nuts to price police, this is a reality check. I just got a pro shipped to my door for 4500 and could have had a premium for the price you're asking.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from leisure:

I've always subscribed to the similar ideology of "if you sink 15k into your car, it doesn't raise the price by 15k"
Good luck though. Those blue LEDs sure are 'purdy.

I completely understand...my asking price is not firm so please keep that in mind .

I am really bummed I'm selling this but what good is owning a pin if you don't have a house to put it in.

#9 9 years ago

this /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

#10 9 years ago

Pretty sure you can get NIB pro's for under 5k shipped.

#11 9 years ago

Game looks fantastic…. good luck with the sale!

#12 9 years ago

It seriously seems like it is around $1500 too high. Do you value to mods at $1500? I see about $500 in mods.

One serious thing I want to add here:

You buy a NIB game for [NIB delivered price here].

Why do I see so many FS threads on Pinside expecting the delivery cost to be absorbed by the new buyer? It's not 6500 delivered correct?

Honest question here, not rhetorical.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from dug:

Pretty sure you can get NIB pro's for under 5k shipped.

I am fairly confident that you can indeed.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from kmk68sin:

Hmm, hate to break it to you, but you're off by $1000 on the new ones. So you're going to probably struggle with that price.

Always tough to get your money back from mods, but if you have $1000 worth of them you should probably list them all.

#15 9 years ago

Looks like a nice example and I wish you the best with your sale but I think you might need to think about the current availability of this game and how that effects what you are asking for it. Like others have mentioned new Pro's can still be bought under 5K with free shipping.

I think you might need to prepare yourself for a bit of a loss with this title since you bought it NIB. I totally understand the priority of using the cash for a house but don't expect many bites at your asking price.

Like I said, best of luck. It's an awesome game and somebody will be happy to buy it from you at the right price.

#16 9 years ago

Ok everyone,

Dropped the price to $5500 OBO...

I didn't think my price was too high but it looks like I was wrong...sorry...

#17 9 years ago

A NIB without shipping is probably around 4200 I would guess. You're still too high IMO. With the newer games, pricing is more cut and dry. Unless someone really wants those mods and is really too lazy to install them themselves, then it doesn't make much sense to pay full retail for a HUO game.

#18 9 years ago

The Monster translite is the most difficult to obtain. Not worth a grand, but does up the price.

OP, consider selling the Monster translite separately if you have to lower your price way more than you want. You can't buy it from Stern. It will sell as a stand alone item. I was lucky to get one....but wasn't easy

GLWS

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

The Monster translite is the most difficult to obtain. Not worth a grand, but does up the price.
OP, consider selling the Monster translite separately if you have to lower your price way more than you want. You can't buy it from Stern. It will sell as a stand alone item. I was lucky to get one....but wasn't easy

Agreed, the monster translite took me awhile to find and it was worth it...the game looks way better. I really disliked the original pro translite.

#20 9 years ago

I was about to offer you $6500

#21 9 years ago

I agree. Drop your price and sell the Monster translite separately. You will probably sell quicker and come out better as well. Really nice looking Met Pro. I want one but you are on opposite side of the country from me. GLWTS!

#22 9 years ago

Still too high my friend. For what it's worth, I own a Met pro....if I sold mine I would probably start at $4200. The LEDs don't add value, sorry. You can get a NIB Met pro shipped to your door, tax included, for $4800.

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I was about to offer you $6500

I was going to go higher than that..

#24 9 years ago

Do the NIB MET pros come with LEDs now? I thought I saw that, but maybe it was a different game

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from foxct:

Do the NIB MET pros come with LEDs now? I thought I saw that, but maybe it was a different game

Yeah

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Why do I see so many FS threads on Pinside expecting the delivery cost to be absorbed by the new buyer?

Amen on that brother !

#27 9 years ago

I let my MET premium with mods go for less then that. Good luck, only takes 1 buyer, but I would try craigslist instead of here at that price.

#28 9 years ago

Thanks for your input everyone...tough crowd.

I was trying to avoid the Craigslist, Feebay route but so be it...

#29 9 years ago

Not a tough crowd at all. Not to put too fine of a point on it but you are still over a grand high. At $6500 you were easily two grand high. You can find home use only pros for less than 4k. Mods? Maybe worth 50 cents on the dollar best case scenario. Drop this game to $4500 and maybe someone will counter... Maybe.
Edit: your first price was so high I found my self re reading your first post to see if it was a reasonable price on an LE or a high price on a premium...

#30 9 years ago

Why would someone drive to buy, or pay to have shipped, a used $5500 game for $1000 more than a brand new $4500 game delivered?

This has <$3750 & local written all over it.

People on ebay will see a NIB Metallica for $5 less & delivered plus earn ebay bucks while doing so which brings the price down further.

You will also pay 8-10% in fees I think to sell on eBay while accepting PayPal from a stranger.

Amazon will ship a brand new one to my driveway for $4999

If I use my Amazon card I get 3% ($150) back taking the price to $4850 delivered & I can use my current reward points to bring the price even lower while shopping with the most reputable online dealer possible.

http://www.amazon.com/Stern-Pinball-Metallica-Arcade-Machine/dp/B00GIBMSCS/ref=sr_1_2

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from edwinpblue:

Not a tough crowd at all. Not to put too fine of a point on it but you are still over a grand high. At $6500 you were easily two grand high. You can find home use only pros for less than 4k. Mods? Maybe worth 50 cents on the dollar best case scenario. Drop this game to $4500 and maybe someone will counter... Maybe.Edit: your first price was so high I found my self re reading your first post to see if it was a reasonable price on an LE or a high price on a premium...

Welcome to the California market.....

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

Welcome to the California market.....

Haha, no one in Cali is paying those prices for a Pro. We get NIB games shipped just like everyone else!

#33 9 years ago

This is what happens when someone puts a craigslist ad on here.

#34 9 years ago

I see it's down to $4950 now
sfbay.craigslist.org link

#35 9 years ago

Going to be a tough sell when you can get a BNIB delivered to your door for $4650. He started at $6500??? What the heck did he pay for the thing?

#36 9 years ago

$5500 for a used MET Pro in California?
Did they legalize POT in Cali?

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Going to be a tough sell when you can get a BNIB delivered to your door for $4650. He started at $6500??? What the heck did he pay for the thing?

where do you get one for $4650 i saw them for $4895 was the lowest

#38 9 years ago

Dropped the price again.

I'm not desperate to sell and after all the shit I've been getting I will more then likely keep the game.

I will sell for the right price regardless of what people think.

This will be the last time I sell a pin on pin side.

Thanks for the wonderful experience everyone.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from miguelortega:

where do you get one for $4650 i saw them for $4895 was the lowest

I bought mine about 5 months ago for around $4300 shipped NIB....

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from kmk68sin:

Dropped the price again.
I'm not desperate to sell and after all the shit I've been getting I will more then likely keep the game.

We know you're not desperate to sell the game. Your start price was $2000 above NIB prices & your somewhat self righteous confrontational CL post also says you don't want to sell it.

You already dropped your price $1500 so I think we (Pinside) know the market & "the right price".

This won't be the last time you sell a pin here because you won't even sell it to any of us here. Not at your current ask price at least.

You're welcome for the experience, thank you for trying to rip us off & then playing the victim role.

PS

Amazon NIB **shipped** is still cheaper than your used F'n game so you won't sell it on CL for $5K either

You can still turn it around tho, no one is out to get you, we've all pissed on ourselves a time or two here.

#41 9 years ago
Quoted from kmk68sin:

Dropped the price again.

We're not the one trying to screw someone by attempting to sell a pin ~$1500 above market value. This is the type of crap people do on craigslist, so if this is indeed the last time you try to sell a pin on here, craigslist would fit you fine.

With the translite/LED's and some other tweaks/modes you could of listed at $5000 and might of gotten some crap, but not nearly as much as listing for $6500 as you initially did. You only have one person to blame for your selling "experience" on here and that is yourself. Next time post a game with a reasonable and respectful price and you will be given the same response.

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from kmk68sin:

So you'll sell it for $4200? (That truly is the right price).

Quoted from kmk68sin:

Thank you.

Quoted from kmk68sin:

You got exactly what you asked for.....well maybe not, but you had to know you were WAY above market.

#43 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

So you'll sell it for $4200?

Hell $4200 is still too high. That's what the OP paid when it was NIB.

$400 Shipping + $4200 Metallica = $4600 NIB delivered

The OP wants us to pay for his shipping fees & our own lol

#44 9 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Hell $4200 is still too high. That's what the OP paid when it was NIB.
$400 Shipping + $4200 Metallica = $4600 NIB delivered
The OP wants us to pay for his shipping fees & our own lol

Yeah, but they have been selling for $4200 HOU (Like new).

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from kmk68sin:

Dropped the price again.

#46 9 years ago
Quoted from kmk68sin:

Dropped the price again.

This community can be harsh sometimes but by far in large everyone is helpful, insightful and opinionated. This crowd knows what they are talking about. If you should feel you've had a bad experience, I'd take a look again as the first few folks really tried to politely point you in the right direction.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Jnewton:

I bought mine about 5 months ago for around $4300 shipped NIB....

4300 at your doorstep?

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

4300 at your doorstep?

Even if true, probably irrelevant. Stern has probably tacked on about five or so $100 price increases since then

#49 9 years ago

Tough crowd. Why were the pictures of the MetPro taken down? For $5500, I want to see pics...

#50 9 years ago

Well how much would a Refinery Pro go for then?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
$ 149.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

7,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/huo-metallica-pro-for-sale-low-plays and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.