(Topic ID: 22564)

Buy or Pass- HUO LOTR for $4150- Edit-I bought it!

By hfdpro

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo-14.JPG
photo-20.JPG
photo-19.JPG
photo-17.JPG
photo-16.JPG
photo-18.JPG

#1 11 years ago

I can purchase a mint HUO LOTR, about 5 miles away from me, for $4150 delivered to my driveway. Is this all the money for these, are is it an okay deal? No playfield wear, no cabinet fade.

#2 11 years ago

That's a really good deal nowadays. Being that it's so close I would definitely go for it! I would estimate the value of mint HUO LOTR to be in the $4500-$5000 range.

#3 11 years ago

I have to say buy, otherwise how can I justify the $4200 I paid for my HUO. Delivered makes it even sweeter. I guess it wouldn't hurt to offer an even 4k for it, unless you have already negotiated to get @ $4150

#4 11 years ago

Offer $4k, but that is a pretty fair deal at 4150.

#5 11 years ago

The sick part though, is the $500+ in mods and upgrades I have put in the last couple of months...

#6 11 years ago

Don't really care for the game too much, but you could easily recover the cost for that amount if you end up reselling.

#7 11 years ago

Like Nike, Just DO IT!

#8 11 years ago

I was willing to pay that about 3 months ago for a mint HUO and I would say it is a fair price now. If you want to pick up a LOTR this may be the cheapest for such a nice example you will see for a long while.

#9 11 years ago

BUY IT!!!! You have nothing to lose!!!

#10 11 years ago

if you like the game, it's a good price.

#12 11 years ago

OK price...keep in mind Stern made lots of these...7000-8000 (or more?). It's pretty common and will pop up for sale often. Question is - do you want it NOW or can you hang for a better deal?

One thing to keep in mind...LOTR's playfields VASTLY vary in quality and appearance. HUO means nothing if the colors are goofy or registration is off. I've seen a million different shades of LOTR playfields...some are very green - making Gollum look like Kermit the Frog, some have deep black ink, some are more grey-ish...some have lots of red, some have little red. So - keep this in mind if you go to take a look at it. I'd say it might be worth the price if it's got a REALLY sweet playfield.

#14 11 years ago

My Gollum is a little green, but he has a big green highlight against him on the playfield. HArd to tell if it's just optical illusion or not. I haven't seen any noticeable registration errors on mine...black ink is definitely nice and heavy though. If anything, I'd say a tinge too much red, Legolas' eyes look like he just finished a joint, LOL.

I paid 4500 for mine, HUO single owner, 720-ish plays. I don't have any regret.

#15 11 years ago

LOTR is next on my list... I'd be all over it.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOTR's playfields VASTLY vary in quality and appearance. HUO means nothing if the colors are goofy or registration is off. I've seen a million different shades of LOTR playfields...some are very green - making Gollum look like Kermit the Frog,

I am sure they can be made more goofy looking with LED's

I agree.. $4,000 is the price, but heck, if local = free shipping thats a good deal. Check around the flipper buttons for wear....looks nasty on this pin if it was played a lot.

#17 11 years ago

I just paid $4500 for mint HUO and felt I got a fair deal. Buy it! Great game!

#18 11 years ago

Looks like a great deal. If you like LOTR, definitely buy it. Hopefully you have played LOTR quite a bit and know that you like it. It is not my favorite game, but to each his own.

#19 11 years ago

Buy it! You will regret it if you don't. This is a great game. You can always resell and probably make a profit if you don't like it.

#20 11 years ago

I bought it! Cost $4100. Set it up and played a few games before I set to the task of waxing the PF. Got multi-ball twice in my third game, exciting for me, my first muti-ball pin. Have some pics, but I'm having a problem uploading them. I will submit them later.

#21 11 years ago

Congrats.

#22 11 years ago

Those with this pin, what will I need to purchase to protect the more vulnerable areas? I am shopping right now, picking up the leg protectors, what else will I need?
Thanks.

#23 11 years ago

Congratulations!

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from hfdpro:

Those with this pin, what will I need to purchase to protect the more vulnerable areas? I am shopping right now, picking up the leg protectors, what else will I need?
Thanks.

Go to www.pinbits.com ...get some plastic protectors, especially for Arwen!

May I also recommend Cliffy's color post sleeves to replace Stern's tapered plastic ones. They "feel" and look better.

#25 11 years ago

BUY NOW.

Edit - I guess you already did good job then!

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from hfdpro:

I bought it! Cost $4100. Set it up and played a few games before I set to the task of waxing the PF. Got multi-ball twice in my third game, exciting for me, my first muti-ball pin. Have some pics, but I'm having a problem uploading them. I will submit them later.

Congrats! Great pin and an even better price and LOCAL!!

Make sure you fix the post to the left of the entrance to the ring ramp. Check and see if it has been done already.

Can you check the manufacture date and let us know when the game was made?

Dan

#27 11 years ago

Definately buy! Then add a shaker

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Make sure you fix the post to the left of the entrance to the ring ramp. Check and see if it has been done already.

I haven't heard of that. What are you talking about?

#30 11 years ago

Congrats, its a top 5 game on my list and is VERY hard so it never gets old. Get a Shaker it changes the whole game. Just remember you will need the updated roms.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

Congrats! Great pin and an even better price and LOCAL!!
Can you check the manufacture date and let us know when the game was made?
Dan

Not sure which post you are referencing. The manufacture date is 12/15/2003

#32 11 years ago

Congrats! I'm sure you'll be very happy with the game. Count me jealous.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I haven't heard of that. What are you talking about?

Quoted from hfdpro:

Not sure which post you are referencing. The manufacture date is 12/15/2003

To the left of the ring ramp is a post with a sleeve rubber meant to protect the left wall of the ramp from the ball and vice versa. From the factory it was a flimsy thin screw that bolted under the playfield with a sleeve on it. Shots will eventually pound that backward, expose the left side of the ramp and damage the ramp and nick the balls.

There is a lot of info here and on RGP about the proper B/W part number to use.

Given the early manufacture date, you may want to keep an eye out for weakening flipper coils when games get past 30 or 45 minutes. Nothing to worry about. You can raise the power of the flippers in the game adjustments or get the replacement flipper coils. Just in case it starts to happen, you will be aware that it is a well-documented and well-disagreed upon topic.

I put cooling fans in my game to keep the coils from getting hot and turned up the power in the adjustments.

Dan

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from hfdpro:

Not sure which post you are referencing.

The post on the left side of the spinner can be upgraded to a heavier bolt that won't bend.

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1045

#35 11 years ago

Congrats. You made the right decision.

#36 11 years ago

Ordered some items:

LOTR_cliffy_protector LOTR Cliffy Hole Protectors (2 Piece Set)
LOTR_post LOTR Ring Ramp Post Kit
lotr_decals LOTR Target Decal Set
Stern Ball Shooter Lane Kickout Protector Kit
Stealth Flipper Button Cabinet Protectors
Stealth Start Button Cabinet Protectors
Cabinet protectors 4 piece set - black

Also ordering the plastic protectors from pinbits.
Should be set for a while.

#37 11 years ago

Welcome to Middle Earth! It's an incredible pin.

#38 11 years ago

Better order the shaker....its great for this game!....

Read up on the rules, it will help the learning curve....otherwise prepare to be a little frustrated

It's a great pin, the more I play it the more I enjoy it....

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from hfdpro:

Ordered some items:
LOTR_cliffy_protector LOTR Cliffy Hole Protectors (2 Piece Set)LOTR_post LOTR Ring Ramp Post Kitlotr_decals LOTR Target Decal SetStern Ball Shooter Lane Kickout Protector KitStealth Flipper Button Cabinet ProtectorsStealth Start Button Cabinet ProtectorsCabinet protectors 4 piece set - black
Also ordering the plastic protectors from pinbits.Should be set for a while.

You should also get the protector for the Arwin plastic.
Ball drops right onto it from the path of the dead.
There are two versions available.
One diverts the ball to the wire ramp, the other protects the plastic.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

You should also get the protector for the Arwin plastic.
Ball drops right onto it from the path of the dead.

Ditto that....right away....I like the diverter myself...

#41 11 years ago

Ordered these this morning from pinbits:
Lord of the Rings Plastic Protectors
LotR Path of the Dead Deflector

#42 11 years ago

Some pics:

photo-18.JPGphoto-18.JPG photo-16.JPGphoto-16.JPG photo-17.JPGphoto-17.JPG photo-19.JPGphoto-19.JPG photo-20.JPGphoto-20.JPG photo-14.JPGphoto-14.JPG

#43 11 years ago

cabinet looks brand new.. awesome deal.. cant wait to find one myself that someone is trying to get $6000 for

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from cireone:

Congratulations!

I have that shirt.............LOVE IT!!! I am referring to your Mad Men avatar.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Deer Park, NY
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 7.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals
Decals
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life
Armor and blades
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
€ 7.50
Flipper Parts
Pin-Decals
Flipper parts
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
$ 39.50
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models
Plastics
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/huo-lotr-for-4150 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.