IMAG3268.jpg
IMAG3266.jpg
IMAG3267.jpg
IMAG3265.jpg
IMAG3263.jpg
IMAG3258.jpg
IMAG3261.jpg
IMAG3260.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago

HUO doesn't mean it's nice. With an accurate description, maybe some pics and some details, I'm sure we can help.

I can tell you though, when they pop up, it's usually around $4K - $4,500. Those games in that price range are typically nice, maybe a little wear outside the Axl hole, and nice cabs with no cab fade. Some of these GNR's are faded, most of them are okay I think. They are shopped, strong flippers, bouncy rubbers, maybe slightly cracked ramps but overall in good shape. That sort of thing.

Quoted from bub2010:

I have a buddy that has a Guns and Roses pin he is looking to sell. It is in really good condition from what I remember and best I know it has been HUO. There were never any signs of any sort of security system installed on it. Will try to post pics later. I'll be going over to re-check it out and update accordingly.

#9 9 years ago

I think that's a good fair price. HUO, not HUO, in that condition you can't advertise it as HUO so as far as I'm concerned it's not.

Quoted from bub2010:

looks like he's in the $3500 range

#15 9 years ago

I disagree. A ton of GNR's have at least a little bit of wear in that area. It's really similar to the lost mine kickout on WH20, it doesn't make it worth any less because a large percentage of games have it.

No wear might make the game worth more, but a little wear there doesn't make the game worth less than average.

Quoted from markmon:

Yikes. With wood showing like that on the center of the playfield, I would be out anything over $3000 shipped.

#25 9 years ago

I disagree and it would, yes. So every WH20 with a small dot of wood near the lost mine is junk? That's a bit extreme in my opinion.

I'm not saying wear up the middle in a TSPP is acceptable. But what I am saying is that there are a small handful of games in which a large percentage are prone to wear in undesirable ways. Unless you get really lucky, or spend huge money, your GNR probably has wear there so it's acceptable.

Quoted from markmon:

Any play field that has wood showing straight in the middle is junk. This would meet your standards??

#36 9 years ago

FWIW, my GNR A-Hole looked about that bad, maybe a bit worse. I put a Cliffy on it and have been playing it a few years without the Cliffy being bent etc.

Quoted from Mr68:

In extreme examples the Cliffy can get bent up. But that's when playfield damage is so severe its beyond a Cliffy's capability and shouldn't have been installed in the first place. In cases like that a wood filler would need to be applied, sanded and shaped to support the Cliffy.

The Axle hole pictured in this thread is a great candidate for a Cliffy. Install it, forget it and it looks great.

Good questions Family Arcade.

Kim

Quoted from dsuperbee:

I will disagree with this. That scoop wear will require repair, unless you want the Cliffy protector to be beat into the shape of the wear rather quickly. Cliffy himself will tell you this, and I believe the page for the Axl scoop says the same. I know I had to repair mine before I put a protector on my GnR.

FWIW, the process itself wasn't bad, but it was time consuming. The Axl hole was my first time ever at doing a scoop repair, and I am happy with how it came out. I did a spot clear to help seal in the paint using varathane, and have had no issues at all. The repair has held up for 7 or 8 years now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Franklin Square, NY
$ 18.95
$ 25.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chelsea, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Boards
PinSound

$ 28.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 549.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Juz PINBALL Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jalpert.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/huo-guns-and-roses-gnr-price-check?tu=jalpert and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.