Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
Screen_Shot_2013-02-06_at_11.54.49_PM..png
photo_1_copy.JPG
photo_5_copy.JPG
#1 11 years ago

We all know this is unfortunately one of Gottliebs duds. But this one is HUO, and that has to add something to the value, no? Its in amazing shape but everything I have heard about this machine is "Its worth more in parts than it is whole." and that breaks my heart, because this is a really nice looking game and I hate parting out a pinball, let alone a HUO fully working one. And after all, the game isnt THAT bad, its got some fun shots to it. Its certainly a very shallow game with less rules than tic-tac-toe, but the 8-bit music is pretty kickass. I have already gone through the process of disassembling the entire playfield and giving it a good waxing and shop out and it plays solid.

So what do you think its worth? I have it priced at $1200 OBO to try and break the ice.

photo_5_copy.JPGphoto_5_copy.JPG photo_1_copy.JPGphoto_1_copy.JPG Screen_Shot_2013-02-06_at_11.54.49_PM..pngScreen_Shot_2013-02-06_at_11.54.49_PM..png

#2 11 years ago

I think you're close. I'd say $800-$1200. $1200 if you can find the right buyer.

#3 11 years ago

Man alive, I LOVE Gold Wings. I just grabbed a HUO yesterday in fact, $650. Filthy and missing its loopdy-loop ramp, which Steve has in stock for 30 some odd dollars. I think it's a fun player! Embrace the cheese and give 'er a shot!

#4 11 years ago

You might need the topper to get $1200 though!

#5 11 years ago

Is that the one with the air raid siren in the cab?

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Is that the one with the air raid siren in the cab?

Yup.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballMolly:

Man alive, I LOVE Gold Wings. I just grabbed a HUO yesterday in fact, $650. Filthy and missing its loopdy-loop ramp, which Steve has in stock for 30 some odd dollars. I think it's a fun player! Embrace the cheese and give 'er a shot!

It's super unique and fun to shoot...great music! The single reason that era of Gottlieb's gets sh*t on: 80's Photo Translites!!! Not sure I'd spend over $1000 on it...but I dunno, these days maybe that's a bargain lol

#8 11 years ago

I passed on one for 650 local to me a while back..... But I gave it a good looking at...

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

I passed on one for 650 local to me a while back..... But I gave it a good looking at...

It was one of the first pins I bought when I was afraid of spending too much and didn't know how to fix anything. I was over my head at the time w/ that Gold Wings...and end up selling it before finishing the shop-out. I wanna say it was only $400 or so? ...but that was '06 I think.

#10 11 years ago

That is one nice looking Gold Wings. I would want some closer pics of the inserts but I haven't seen one with that nice of a playfield in a long time. Usually the Carrier plastic is broken (and unobtainium) and most of the gold paint on the playfield has just peeled away. Too bad it is missing the topper as it is pretty neat.
I like the game and the sounds are good but I can't stand the music. If mine was that nice I would have kept it.
I sold mine for $900 a few months ago. I don't usually chime in on price checks but I think $1200 is a good price for its condition, unless there is something I can't see in those pics. It might still be hard to sell though as it isn't a popular title. I would try marketing it at pilots. Put some verbiage in the ad such as "The perfect gift for that pilot who has everything" or something.

#11 11 years ago

Sweet looking game!

lol.. hell, I'd give it a go!

#12 11 years ago

And don't forget the kick-ass siren 'toy'!

If it's in as good a shape as you say, then you might just be able to squeeze $1.2k out of it...

#13 11 years ago

I passed on a local one for $500 not to long ago. You might get $1000 for one if it had the topper.

Photo translite? Arn't people in this group falling all over themselves for photo translite alts for their games, some with ok original translites?

If it's HUO, why is there a pricing sticker on the apron? Those are standard issue. You put those on from the goodie bag.

#14 11 years ago

Photo translite? Arn't people in this group falling all over themselves for photo translite alts for their games, some with ok original translites?

Ok my foot! They're absolute masterpieces!

(Pardon me if that image is upside-down)

image.jpgimage.jpg

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If it's HUO, why is there a pricing sticker on the apron? Those are standard issue. You put those on from the goodie bag.

Nice catch. Probably not HUO...but maybe...

#16 11 years ago

I'd give you $650 if you were close. For $1200 I can get a DMD system 3 gottlieb.

#17 11 years ago

I think 1200 is a tad high, but a good place to start. Ask 12. Take 9

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

For $1200 I can get a DMD system 3 gottlieb.

And they are better...??

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

And they are better...??

Id take a Stargate or a Rescue 911 over Gold wings any day, so YES. Dont be a gottlieb hater.

#20 11 years ago

There's been one on CL in my area for almost 2 years. HUO, topper and working siren $750.

#21 11 years ago

I'd give you $650 if you were close. For $1200 I can get a DMD system 3 gottlieb.

actually for $650 you can get Gottlieb system 3's too. Shaq attacq, SF2, Freddy (sometimes this seemed to climb to the $900 range lately), couple others I can't think of right now.

And on Stargate. Of course. I'd take stargate over mostly every game ever made except maybe 10 other games. Stargate is a top 10 game of pure awesomeness.

#22 11 years ago

Ok my foot! They're absolute masterpieces!
(Pardon me if that image is upside-down)

EPIC 80's lineup!!!! I'm gonna have to come by P&N and play those.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

actually for $650 you can get Gottlieb system 3's too. Shaq attacq, SF2, FREDDY (sometimes this seemed to climb to the $900 range lately), couple others I can't think of right now.
And on Stargate. Of course. I'd take Stargate over mostly every game ever made except maybe 10 other games. Stargate is a top 10 game of pure awesomeness.

Its it still raining cheap games in WI or are you still in 2008-Priceland like you usually are in price-related threads? Stargates seem to be 2-3k now (asking prices, at least) and pretty much any DMD game is $1000 minimum...even crap like Freddy and SF2....they'll sell on theme and "low price" in comparison to all the other games out there. Shaq might still have trouble fetching 1K lol

#23 11 years ago

if you pay over $800 for SF, your going to be pretty upset when you need to unload it. SF2 has and is the cheapest DMD money can buy. Freddy has climbed up somewhat, but not a lot. i've had a chance to get a waterworld that looked like it came out of the box for $1200 and passed, because I would lose my ass on it. Stargate is the premium system 3 flagship. Always has been and that one is climbing in price. WIth good reason.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if you pay over $800 for SF, your going to be pretty upset when you need to unload it. SF2 has and is the cheapest DMD money can buy. FREDDY has climbed up somewhat, but not a lot.

I'm not saying I would. I wouldn't buy those games period...but keep in mind, I think a very small % of pinball buyers are "uber collectors" like us who know the nuance of games and collector trends. Most people are "casual" and just want one game with a theme they think is cool. I think SF2 pins can easily sell for $1200 now...same with Freddy.

#25 11 years ago

I don't know about easily. You'd be surprised (least around here) how hard it is to move certain titles. Even a good game like baywatch. Had one that was in spectacular condition and had a hard time getting $1500. WWFRR is another that is hard to break the $1200 mark. When you can get games like that for $1200. nobody is going to pay that for SF2, Freddy, SA and the like. Misinformed, or ones who have some younger years attachment might skew those, but your going to be sitting on it awhile. Hell, Even that Paragon I have for $950 is still here, tho I've had tons of interest. And Paragon is 100X's more fun than any of those 3.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I don't know about easily. You'd be surprised (least around here) how hard it is to move certain titles. Even a good game like Baywatch. Had one that was in spectacular condition and had a hard time getting $1500. WWFRR is another that is hard to break the $1200 mark. When you can get games like that for $1200. nobody is going to pay that for SF2, FREDDY, SA and the like. Misinformed, or ones who have some younger years attachment might skew those, but your going to be sitting on it awhile. Hell, Even that Paragon I have for $950 is still here, tho I've had tons of interest. And Paragon is 100X's more fun than any of those 3.

Maybe it's easier to sell games in CA. A HUO WWFRR just sold at the local auction for ~$2400 (before 18% fees and 8.5% tax). I just sold my Baywatch for $1400

#27 11 years ago

2400 for WWFRR. SOmeone's asshole can easily hide a 2 liter bottle.

#28 11 years ago

Hey,my first post on pinside !
I own GW . I am biased but we like the game . We have 2 games that do not have a LH outlane ( Trident is the other)and at my house they are both fun to play. I bought GW in 2007 as a project for $550.
Cliff

#29 11 years ago

great first pin...switch out with a custom Top Gun translite.trademark that..and I could see it going for $1000 to a collector, or for a first pin.....

#30 11 years ago

Id take a Stargate or a Rescue 911 over Gold Wings any day, so YES. Dont be a gottlieb hater.

Woah... Please explain how my saying that pre DMD Gottliebs are not inferior to DMD Gottliebs makes me a Gottlieb hater?? What I was saying is that it doesn't take a DMD to make a game better... If you think I'm a Gottlieb hater, check out my collection and wishlist! Only yesterday I added a system3 NON DMD game to my collection, and I don't think the lack of DMD makes it any worse a game... in-fact I quite like the look of the quaint a/n blue display... If anyone's coming across as a hater, it's you who appears to be the hater of pre DMD games

2 weeks later
#31 11 years ago

I was looking at a GW just this weekend, it had issues. The sound didn't work, it was all muffled when the guy turned it on and then during game play didn't work at all. Also it would keep putting 2 balls in the "launch" area as soon as u hit start. He was asking 400.00 what you guys think? I was thinking on offering 300.00 just so my daughter could play it. I tried it out it seems pretty cool. That air Siren and topper woulda make it a lot better, but no sign of either so far.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

if you pay over $800 for SF, your going to be pretty upset when you need to unload it. SF2 has and is the cheapest DMD money can buy. FREDDY has climbed up somewhat, but not a lot. i've had a chance to get a Waterworld that looked like it came out of the box for $1200 and passed, because I would lose my ass on it. Stargate is the premium system 3 flagship. Always has been and that one is climbing in price. WIth good reason.

E-mail sent Neo.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

I was looking at a GW just this weekend, it had issues. The sound didn't work, it was all muffled when the guy turned it on and then during game play didn't work at all. Also it would keep putting 2 balls in the "launch" area as soon as u hit start. He was asking 400.00 what you guys think? I was thinking on offering 300.00 just so my daughter could play it. I tried it out it seems pretty cool. That air Siren and topper woulda make it a lot better, but no sign of either so far.

That air siren gets annoying fast. Most owners, including myself, pull the fuse to disable it. But it is important that it is there for when you want to sell.
One of the important things on this title is the condition of the playfield (because the gold paint is almost always completely worn off and the aircraft carrier plastic (cuz you can't buy one). The rest can be fixed but understand, these are not easy to troubleshoot IMO and need a lot of mods to safeguard the electronics.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from paragon66x:

E-mail sent Neo.

I said I had a chance for $1200. I passed. It was too steep for waterworld.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

these are not easy to troubleshoot IMO and need a lot of mods to safeguard the electronics.

Yeah, thanks Seal for the reply. I have enough to do with my swords of fury, so since its not an easy fix I'll probably pass. I guess I got the pinball fever since SOF is my first. Haha.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/huo-gottlieb-gold-wingsvalue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.