Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by FlipMo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Original owner in both cases (undocumented: i.e., no actual sales receipt but all original manuals, etc.). Inspected and there is no doubt that these have never been on location. Fully functional with bright and clear displays, no cracked, broken or missing plastics or ramps and no noticeable wear anywhere. Some very minor fade to cabinet front of FH and a few tiny nicks and dings on WW cabinet backbox. What are these selling for now (separately)?

#2 9 years ago

These HUO price checks are kinda weird...HUO 20-30 year old games are such anomalies there's really no way for an accurate "price check."

The price - high. Right buyer would pay $5000-10,000 for each of them.

Maybe you've lucked out here and it's a homeowner you can get a good deal on. I'd offer $5000 for the pair and pray they accept it and don't google your price check which leads them here...

#3 9 years ago

Whirlwind easily $4000.

Funhouse probably $5500-$7000.

#4 9 years ago

OMG: a HUO Funhouse. I almost passed out. Such a popular game and wouldn't think that was possible.

#5 9 years ago

Honestly, I don't think there is a way to put a price tag on them. Who's ever seen a huo ww or fh for that matter.

Are you purchasing from seller, or more asking for what you can resell them for?

I'd LOVE to see pics!

#6 9 years ago

I'd say $3500 for WW and $5000 for FH.

#7 9 years ago

You should also try to find out if these have factory diamondplate playfields as that could make a difference in pricing.

#8 9 years ago

Does the WW have the original spinner rubber grippy stuff? I have never seen one that was original that wasn't blown out. That would be so cool because even though the replacement stickers look good I don't thing they react the same way with the ball.

#9 9 years ago

A couple years ago I had the opportunity to buy a HUO Funhouse that was only 5 miles from my place. I was very excited that I would get to see a true HUO one. I met the guy at his place of work and there it was sitting in the corner. I could hardly believe it. As I got close to the game, I notice a lot of issues. All of the corners wrinkled where the decal was and the playfield had major wear. Apparently this guy played the machine everyday in his office as well as some of his employees. Needless to say I walked away a little bummed. Good luck with yours!!

#10 9 years ago

Pics please!

#11 9 years ago

HUO? I thought practically everything in this era was sold to operators and put on location.

#12 9 years ago

Just curious whom is claiming HUO.I mean new plastics,ramps and displays are easy to come by.Maybe you got lucky though.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

You should also try to find out if these have factory diamondplate playfields as that could make a difference in pricing.

That would be a "lot" harder to find(HUO/DP) IMO.Each example had roughly 10 prototypes and 200 samples and a certain percentage of the samples were LS Topcoat.

#14 9 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

That would be a "lot" harder to find(HUO/DP) IMO.Each example had roughly 10 prototypes and 200 samples and a certain percentage of the samples were LS Topcoat.

Not 100% correct. There was a re run of fh pfs by Williams that were all diamond plated at one point. Dp whirlwinds seem much more common than dp funhouses

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Not 100% correct. There was a re run of fh pfs by Williams that were all diamond plated at one point. Dp whirlwinds seem much more common than dp funhouses

Yes...but would a playfield swap lead you to believe HUO.

#16 9 years ago

I have a friend in OH that has been collecting since the 70s - his first NIB pin was a Funhouse and his second was an STLE. So add another HUO FH to the list - but I would bet there are less than 10 total in existence.

One thing to consider when establishing the value of the FH is whether it's Diamondplate or not. Most weren't, so I would say $7k if it's a minty HUO Diamondplate.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

An interesting trivia note - Banzai Run was the first Diamondplate - there are 10 of them... But it isn't printed on the playfield. A special code was written under the arch.

#19 9 years ago

I have a Sample Diamondplate FH.Not for sale.Ever.

#20 9 years ago

I'm number 4. Got mine a few years ago. Nice looking FH Scott

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Yes...but would a playfield swap lead you to believe HUO.

Sure. How many people here have swapped original pfs for better ones on HUO games? I have assisted in at least one on an AC/DC in the past year.

#22 9 years ago

The only way I'd believe an HUO on either of these is if the seller had the original NIB receipt with his name on it and he wasn't an operator.

#23 9 years ago

My diamondplate sample FH came out of a doctor's house who owned it since the early 90's, so it's almost huo lol

My diamondplate sample WW is in the same condition, but I don't know much history on the game

My XR7 BR came from the original owner who owns a pool hall, and it spent some time in there but most of the time it was in his home.

Putting values on any of those is pretty tough though. It's almost something you'd have to put on eBay and let it ride to find out, or guess a number to put on it and see what happens.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

it's almost huo

I think this should be an official Pinside pinball condition rating. Almost all my pins are AHUO as well

#25 9 years ago

I picked up a pretty nice Sample Funhouse with diamondplate about 8 months ago. I believe it was #78 down the line. Mine wasn't HUO though, and sat in some kids grandparents warehouse for well over ten years before it was given to the grandson. Didn't work and he wanted cash more. If these turn out to be in great shape you will have found something really special.

#26 9 years ago

I bought a FH from 2nd owner (HUO since) about 15 yrs ago. He purchased it from local arcade when the game was 6 mos old. The next day he purchased NIB Addams Family for his home. I purchased both these games. He even gave me the NIB box (game was back in it) for TAF.

My FH is MINTY. I wouldn't sell it for less than $5000. IMO the OP's FH is probably worth $5000 to $5500.

BTW: I also own a DP Whirlwind (not HUO). IMO his HUO WW is probably worth upper $3500 to maybe $4000.

#27 9 years ago

Thank you all for the very helpful posts. Passed on the FH. WW was already in my collection. Will post pics of WW shortly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
$ 22.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 29.95
$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/huo-funhouse-and-whirlwind-price-check and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.