033.JPG
032.JPG
028.JPG
013.JPG
026.JPG
025.JPG
020.JPG
#1 9 years ago

I picked this up a couple weeks ago. It was truly a huo only machine that the person got new. It still had the original envelope with the extra slings and misc parts never used. had all the manuals and warranty info cards etc.. Pics go to show that sometimes a huo only game not taken care of properly looks worse than routed beaters or container games

001.JPG001.JPG 002.JPG002.JPG 003.JPG003.JPG 004.JPG004.JPG 005.JPG005.JPG 007.JPG007.JPG 014.JPG014.JPG 011.JPG011.JPG
#2 9 years ago

have to show us after the clean up…

what is the cabinet like ?

#3 9 years ago

036.JPG036.JPG

035.JPG035.JPG 034.JPG034.JPG
#4 9 years ago

20+ years, and the same set of balls.

I'm looking forward to the post shop job pics!

#5 9 years ago

cleaned up pretty good

016.JPG016.JPG 017.JPG017.JPG 018.JPG018.JPG 029.JPG029.JPG 024.JPG024.JPG 020.JPG020.JPG 025.JPG025.JPG 026.JPG026.JPG 013.JPG013.JPG
#6 9 years ago

Creature is in my sights these days.That hurts to see! all the best on cleanup.

#7 9 years ago

shooter lane is near perfect

028.JPG028.JPG
#8 9 years ago

inside of cabinet looks good now

032.JPG032.JPG 033.JPG033.JPG
#10 9 years ago

Nice green hologram I bet. Amazing how a little cleaning will help.

#11 9 years ago

hologram looks great only issue is small wear on L insert.

#12 9 years ago

Beautiful! Makes me miss my old Creech even more.

#13 9 years ago

game is done

021.JPG021.JPG 023.JPG023.JPG 027.JPG027.JPG 030.JPG030.JPG 031.JPG031.JPG 119.jpg119.jpg
#14 9 years ago

Cleaned up nice i always liked this game let me know your plans with her bud

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Gwaxt72:

game is done

Sweet let me know when I can pick it up

#16 9 years ago

looks like an animal died next to the speaker. I would be hard pressed to think this was HUO. I think someone is pulling your chain. You would have to get 20,000 plays on that thing to get that kind of ground in dirt and wear. There is no way your getting that in a home environment. Just is not going to happen. Plus, the inside of the cabinet should look like brand new, regardless how many games have been played on it. Unless they stored a bunch of bottles of stuff in it that were leaking.

How did the boards look? If they didn't know the playfield glass came off, i'm sure they didn't know there was batteries inside either.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I would be hard pressed to think this was HUO. I think someone is pulling your chain. You would have to get 20,000 plays on that thing to get that kind of ground in dirt and wear. There is no way your getting that in a home environment. Just is not going to happen. Plus, the inside of the cabinet should look like brand new, regardless how many games have been played on it. Unless they stored a bunch of bottles of stuff in it that were leaking.

I think you missed the point of the thread Yes, HUO games can be played a lot, poorly maintained, stored in a damp environment (as this one clearly was), and become worn in various ways. Hence, HUO on it's own is a term that doesn't mean squat. I've seen plenty of nasty "HUO" games (some I believe were, some were typical lies), and then some routed games with 10k plus plays that you wouldn't even tell have been played much.

I have a CFTBL right now that went overseas from the factory, but has been back in a home in the US for the last 13 years or so...puts this one and the last 3 or so CFTBL that I've owned to shame. But some people would ask first thing: "Is it a reimport? If so I don't want it." Their loss. Condition, condition, condition. Pictures don't lie, people do.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

Is it a reimport? If so I don't want it." Their loss.

I'm with you.I recently picked up a CV that was a re import. Nicest CV I've ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from Gwaxt72:

036.JPG 201 KB

035.JPG 189 KB

034.JPG 197 KB

Ouch ... Surprised to see so much fade on the cab.

#20 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

looks like an animal died next to the speaker. I would be hard pressed to think this was HUO. I think someone is pulling your chain. You would have to get 20,000 plays on that thing to get that kind of ground in dirt and wear. There is no way your getting that in a home environment. Just is not going to happen. Plus, the inside of the cabinet should look like brand new, regardless how many games have been played on it. Unless they stored a bunch of bottles of stuff in it that were leaking.
How did the boards look? If they didn't know the playfield glass came off, i'm sure they didn't know there was batteries inside either.

I am 99% sure it was huo game I believe the inside of the cabinet was sprayed black from the factory on this one. I have seen it a few times before. The inside of cabinet actually looks great, the boards were never touched. and yes the point was sometimes HUO games are not what they seem. My drac is a re-import and you would think it was a huo game.

#21 9 years ago

On the plus side my Creature was a serious wreck. The playfield looked awful (about as bad as yours) ... but it cleaned up great.

My Creature unfortunately appeared to have been put next to a boiler ... that cabinet was literally toasted. I had to swap the whole cabinet out. Here it is mid-transfer...

IMG_5219.jpgIMG_5219.jpg

#22 9 years ago

And a little before/after magic ... with a little help from the Treasure Cove kit...

IMG_4141.jpgIMG_4141.jpg

IMG_4200.jpgIMG_4200.jpg

#23 9 years ago

That did clean up very nicely. Creech is still one of the most beautiful games of all time and (IMHO) has the best cabinet artwork ever.

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

That did clean up very nicely. Creech is still one of the most beautiful games of all time and (IMHO) has the best cabinet artwork ever.

And to me it has one of the best sound packages for it's era. Can't go wrong.

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

And to me it has one of the best sound packages for it's era. Can't go wrong.

I'll go one more and say it has a very cool video mode too. And I'm not into video modes.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I'll go one more and say it has a very cool video mode too. And I'm not into video modes.

FATALITY!

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Indeed. The video in general on this pin is better than most for the era. Peeping Tom/Fatality & Snackbar Punk Assault interaction is awesome.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

And a little before/after magic ... with a little help from the Treasure Cove kit...

IMG_4141.jpg 167 KB

IMG_4200.jpg 210 KB

What is the Treasure Cove kit?

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from ReplayRyan:

"Is it a reimport? If so I don't want it." Their loss. Condition, condition, condition. Pictures don't lie, people do.

Why would the fact that it's a reimport be an automatic deal breaker to anyone?

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Anth:

Why would the fact that it's a reimport be an automatic deal breaker to anyone?

Ignorance. There is nothing wrong with a re-import as long as it didn't get exposed to a lot of humidity on it's ride back over and get rusty.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Ignorance. There is nothing wrong with a re-import as long as it didn't get exposed to a lot of humidity on it's ride back over and get rusty.

Ditto. Two of my pins were reimports (Funhouse & T2), and both were in better condition than most domestic samples.

#33 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I would be hard pressed to think this was HUO. I think someone is pulling your chain. You would have to get 20,000 plays on that thing to get that kind of ground in dirt and wear. There is no way your getting that in a home environment. Just is not going to happen. Plus, the inside of the cabinet should look like brand new, regardless how many games have been played on it. Unless they stored a bunch of bottles of stuff in it that were leaking.

I agree completely. This does not look HUO. The wear in he shooter lane on the hard clear b/w used to me is indicative of this.

I had a HUO CFTBL once, crap loads of black all over the PF and everywhere else as it wasn't cleaned once, but perfect shooter, and underneath was pristine with a single wipe of N2.

#34 9 years ago

Coin doors don't look like that on a HUO game no matter how poorly it was taken care of in the home. Not trying to be a jerk, just trying to educate. Coin doors quickly give away if a game was HUO.

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

I agree completely. This does not look HUO. The wear in he shooter lane on the hard clear b/w used to me is indicative of this.
I had a HUO CFTBL once, crap loads of black all over the PF and everywhere else as it wasn't cleaned once, but perfect shooter, and underneath was pristine with a single wipe of N2.

it really makes no difference to me, as the game has been sold. It cleaned up real nice and the buyer was happy whether it was huo or not (which it was, despite the opinions) but the shooter lane has zero wear. it was grime. look at the cleaned picture.

#36 9 years ago
Quoted from Gwaxt72:

but the shooter lane has zero wear. it was grime. look at the cleaned picture.

Agreed. Not to mention, that cabinet appears to be in outstanding condition. Probably (I said probably) to nice to have been on location. As far as the coin door goes, the picture isn't clear enough to say, so I don't know where these pinball sleuths got their info. BTW, there was over 2500 plays put on my TAF in a home environment the first year I had it. Of course things trailed off for me, but 20K for a 20 year old game is easily doable .

#37 9 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I need this pin

Keith, come play mine sometime!

#38 9 years ago
Quoted from mot:

Keith, come play mine sometime!

I know I need to get out to see your collection

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I guess you never really know without documentation. I picked up a documented HUO Fish Tales last year that had been played plenty over time without too much attention to cleaning up (batteries were changed out annually) and didn't look 1/10th that bad. I also bought a GNR recently that had been in the same home since the 90's and they didnt know the glass came off...and it looked very sharp. Like a HUO should. Thank god there was no battery damag, because they never changed them.

The shooter lane on this does look great, but in truth, how many B/W shooters don't clean up well? They are tanks compared to Sterns shooter lanes, which are Yugo's

Either way, looks like it's cleaning up nice. Nice rescue Rob!

#40 9 years ago

even with documentation, it doesn't say for sure. The guy could have been an operator, or owned a pizza place he had it in for years. You just don't know. Condition says all. Faded dirty HUO, is still worth less than a mint looking reimport regardless. Paperwork or not.

#41 9 years ago

beauty turned out sharp

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 45.95
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

€ 24.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/huo-creature and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.