Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Metmaniac
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Hi everyone. I need some help with pricing a home use only Cactus Canyon. I bought it NIB and I have been the only owner. The pinball has only been played 100 or so times. I played it the other day to see if everything was working and everything seemed to be good except the switch which chooses your bonus in the Sherrif this way ball drain when u launch the ball. I know nothing about shipping or packaging a pinball and I am located in Las Vegas, Nevada. The pin has no collectors number badge. Any thoughts??

#2 12 years ago

Oh boy...here we go

#3 12 years ago

PM SENT

Jim

#4 12 years ago

You'd sell it within a day for anything around $10k

#5 12 years ago

agreed

#6 12 years ago

I would guess $12-14k

#7 12 years ago

10k gets you a CC, huo would probably be quite a bit more.

#8 12 years ago

Played a few games on Cactus Canyon at the Ohio Show. Didn't see what the big deal was.

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Played a few games on Cactus Canyon at the Ohio Show. Didn't see what the big deal was.

Low production run, The last model of the WPC Williams made, and of course the "Theme!" Only place I played it at was the PHOF in Vegas!

#10 12 years ago

HUO is relative with respect to its actual condition. A HUO not taken care of could be trashed and possible worse than a routed machine. However he states 100 plays, so unless it was kept in poor conditions, I would say 10-12k with a lean towards 12.

#11 12 years ago

My question however silly it might be is this, How come someone who is the sole owner of a machine that is over 10 years old only have 100 plays on it, i would have 100 plays on a pin in the first 10 days....I am not saying this isn't legit but how could this be possible?

Was he/she in coma for the past dozen years? Did he forget that he bought it? Did he not really like the game that much and was too bus/lazy during the past dozen years to do sell it? Was he clairvoyant enough to realize that this baby will be worth 4x of where i bought it at, i should hold onto it??

I would love to know how this happens....by the way metmaniac we are glad you joined the site, your CC will find a home in no time with a fellow pinhead

#12 12 years ago
Quoted from islandpinball:

i would have 100 plays on a pin in the first 10 days

So if you got a CC you would only play 10 games a day? I would be playing all day and night and prob put 50+ on the first day with a 12pk...just saying in good fun.

#13 12 years ago

Come on guys, I thought we all had an agreement that we'd answer "Why, this is worth about $1,500-$1,800"...

#14 12 years ago

LOL...of course there is always one in the bunch...

I am just that good 10 games a day is about 6 hours of play for me ..
lol

#15 12 years ago

Wow...if only I had that kind of money! Do you take "interesting" trades? My wife has 3 beautiful Shih-Tzu's and 1 crazy terrier mix that I would gladly trade....

#16 12 years ago
Quoted from dung:

10k gets you a CC

Actually, there was a decent one on Craigslist San Francisco about a month ago with a $7900 ask.

GAP also has one for $8700 with a spare set of cabinet decals.

#17 12 years ago

I'd start it around $15k. But it will take a while to sell.

#18 12 years ago

Guys we are talking about a one owner, very low play, probably only had the legs put on once CC. There are very few of them to begin with, let alone like new out of the box.

#19 12 years ago

12k is a solid # - depends if a collector needs one. How are the decals around the legs, that is a big issue with this title. Good luck with the sale and i am sure the emails are flying in.

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from Bronzelion:

Wow...if only I had that kind of money! Do you take "interesting" trades? My wife has

When I started reading this I was like...wow. I never got to the dogs part of the sentence.

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Bronzelion said:Wow...if only I had that kind of money! Do you take "interesting" trades? My wife has
When I started reading this I was like...wow. I never got to the dogs part of the sentence.

UH oh! I got the "interesting" trades idea from an old Seinfeld episode.

#22 12 years ago

My question however silly it might be is this, How come someone who is the sole owner of a machine that is over 10 years old only have 100 plays on it, i would have 100 plays on a pin in the first 10 days....I am not saying this isn't legit but how could this be possible?

Was he/she in coma for the past dozen years? Did he forget that he bought it? Did he not really like the game that much and was too bus/lazy during the past dozen years to do sell it? Was he clairvoyant enough to realize that this baby will be worth 4x of where i bought it at, i should hold onto it??

I would love to know how this happens....by the way metmaniac we are glad you joined the site, your CC will find a home in no time with a fellow pinhead

I have to agree. How does this happen???????Or more importantly, why???

#23 12 years ago

I agree with you, but in the original post he said "100 times or so" (like he hadn't checked the audits and just guessed) so it could be 10 times that if just guessed regarding the last 15 years of play on the machine There's no chance I could guess 15 years later and be close!

Quoted from Metmaniac:

The pinball has only been played 100 or so times.

#24 12 years ago

1 owner great but no collector plate?

#25 12 years ago

The plates did not ship with the games, they were sent out after the fact randomly to distributors.

As has been discussed before, it is easy to have a game with low low plays in a large collection

#26 12 years ago

Not to offend anyone here but 100 plays? Come on! It's not as if the audits can't be reset. Who buys a machine and plays 7 games a year on it. And the op isn't sure what's it worth because he's a total neophyte, right?

And another point, who cares if it has 100 games or 5000 games on it if it is clean and unmolested, anyway?

This post sounds like a bit of a "fish tale" to me. Oh yeah, and I bought a brand new pinball for my home because I hate pinball, therefore in 15 years I played about once every 2 months or so. And I NEVER allowed guests to play it either.

If I wanted a really expensive machine with incomplete software, I'd buy it from someone who I felt was being honest with me.

There was one advertised on the local CL a few months ago, probably just a dreamer wondering how people would approach him if he really did have one. Of course he didn't.

#27 12 years ago

Only 903 of these...might as well start it out at 20k

#28 12 years ago

I have a huo CC in very similar in condition and low number of plays as described by the OP, so it is entirely possible to happen. A NIB CV just listed this morning on Mr Pinball, is that impossible too?

Meanwhile, the OP is probably getting bombarded with offers and the game will be sold for huge money this weekend - despite the naysayers

#29 12 years ago

My HUO CC wouldn't go anywhere unless I recieved a nice offer. I would say you could probably sell it for around $13k with nice ones selling for 11k on ebay these days. Maybe more if you take your time

#30 12 years ago

I put my boots on when this post started....go ahead lay it on thick

#31 12 years ago

Only 100 plays? Seems very skeptical for a HUO.

#32 12 years ago
Quoted from Bronzelion:

UH oh! I got the "interesting" trades idea from an old Seinfeld episode.

I remember that episode. LOL

#33 12 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO | # QUOTE | !! |
Only 100 plays? Seems very skeptical for a HUO.

I am calling bs on that one as well. Even if the owner never played it games get a lot of starts when you are testing something to fix. Since it is over 10 years old I am sure at some point it needed a bit of tweaking which usually means a game started for a single ball.

#34 12 years ago

Dung. People have pins and enjoy owning and not necessarily playing them. CC is a rare pin and collectors enjoy a few games like car collectors enjoys a Sunday spin. The joy of owning and keeping it pristine makes him happy. I have a few like that. When you own a huge herd not unlikely. The dude asked for pricing help not a bunch of jealous dicks hijacking his thread. I have two friends that had NIB CC and this might be one of those that got sold.

#35 12 years ago

I have recently seen nice ones go for 9 and 10K.
Yours sounds to be nicer than that.
I would start at 13-15K and see were it gets you.

#36 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Only 903 of these...might as well start it out at 20k

This is what I don't understand, a hell of alot of people are complaining that TRON LE is selling for 8k+ and the game is great (potentially going to be amazing once lyman finishes with it) yet a game IMO that is no where near as good (with unfinished code - a big no no these days for stern titles) and over twice as many made compared to TRON can be valued at 12k, 15k, 20k.

#37 12 years ago

I'm not jealous, shlokdoc. If I really wanted that title Id already have it vs the cash in the bank. It just seems to me either the game has low plays because it's total crap (not likely) or the seller figures 100 plays in good condition fetches a few thousand more than 5000 plays in pristine condition. Either way anyone can clear the audits, so the play count means nothing!
I think it's an ok game, especially like the spinning cowboys hat. Just think that owning a machine 14 years and never playing it or even starting games sounds absurd.
Collectors that buy machines just to look at them? Sorry but they'd be better off just buying gold and looking at it.
And I don't pay premium pricing to people that I suspect are bullshitters!

#38 12 years ago

How do you know he did not unbox it 6 weeks ago? I am sure you can look at the mine, behind bart, the stand ups and know. You think that the price is way out there by your cash in bank and buy gold statement. If you are not buying why call the seller a bs artist. I can look at a cc and know the condition. Your jealousy is manifesting in your name calling and sharing better advice why we all should not own one. You sound less than intelligent when you claim he has it for 14 years. There Are still nib pins for people out there. A diner just sold nib. Who cares what price you pay who. Go start a new thread and let this guy sell his pin. I for one would love to own this one. You never own a pin you just take care of it for the next owner.

#39 12 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

You never own a pin you just take care of it for the next owner.

You never own anything for that matter, unless you can find the key to immortality. All your Sh1t will belong to someone else someday.

I'm a no good jealous bastard (as most of us are whether we admit it or not), I just try to refrain from expressing it.

#40 12 years ago

I tried to make contact with the seller and no replies to my inquiry .

Update ,seller made contact.
Jim

#41 12 years ago

I have a 2005 vette with 12,000 miles on it. I enjoy driving the car during the summer months and then put it away. To a regular vette owner( not a collector) it may seem I don't like the car because I barely put any miles on it. I like to enjoy things in moderation and I try to keep it as nice as possible and keep the miles down to keep the value of the car the same and hopefully it goes up in value. To a guy that drives vettes and doesn't care about condition and low miles, my car is not worth what I might ask for it. But in 2015 or later, a vette owner who loved the 2005 vette, and is looking for one with low miles, can see value in my car.

I am not looking to make money on my vette. If I can buy it right drive it around for 7 years and get what I paid for it because the miles are low and desirable, then I achieved what I set out to do when I bought the car.

My Big Bang Bar has 125 plays on it. Does that mean I don't like the game. Every time my friend comes over we play that game.

#42 12 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

This is what I don't understand, a hell of alot of people are complaining that TRON LE is selling for 8k+ and the game is great (potentially going to be amazing once lyman finishes with it) yet a game IMO that is no where near as good (with unfinished code - a big no no these days for stern titles) and over twice as many made compared to TRON can be valued at 12k, 15k, 20k.

Because CC has been out for 12 years and it has been climbing for 12 years. In 12 years, Tron LE might be worth more than CC. Took BSM some time to climb and it does not have many features over a regular SM. No way any pin is going to triple in price within a year of release. 20% bump in price for a pin that hasn't been out 7-8 months speaks volumes.

Plus, CC for collecting purposes has theme, not just being a Williams Bally, but being the last Bally, and no regular version competing against it. Some people just want a Pro model Tron, while CC has no alternative version.

#43 12 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

A NIB CV just listed this morning on Mr Pinball, is that impossible too?

PM sent...Shazaam! $15,000. Wonder what the story is? I will post any updates.

I want this CC. But I want a Sopranos, an LOTR, and that NIB CV. Must...hold...out.

#44 12 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

iceman44 said:Only 903 of these...might as well start it out at 20k

I mostly agree with this being a valid point, with the exception of making a direct comparison of 400 Tron LE's to 903 CC's. The difference is that with Tron you have the pro version as an alternative to the LE. With CC there were 903 made *period*.

#45 12 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

My Big Bang Bar has 125 plays on it. Does that mean I don't like the game. Every time my friend comes over we play that game.

almost, that means your friend didnt came often... kidding of course

back to the post, i love pinball for playing it (and not for just watching it), my TRON LE must be near to 4000 games played... simple as that

in the other way, i got "only" 2 pins homes, i than can understand those who gots more pins, its quite logical you can vary them

Post edited by RipleYYY : quote

#46 12 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

How do you know he did not unbox it 6 weeks ago? I am sure you can look at the mine, behind bart, the stand ups and know. You think that the price is way out there by your cash in bank and buy gold statement. If you are not buying why call the seller a bs artist. I can look at a cc and know the condition. Your jealousy is manifesting in your name calling and sharing better advice why we all should not own one. You sound less than intelligent when you claim he has it for 14 years. There Are still nib pins for people out there. A diner just sold nib. Who cares what price you pay who. Go start a new thread and let this guy sell his pin. I for one would love to own this one. You never own a pin you just take care of it for the next owner.

If he just unboxed it I am pretty sure he would have mentioned it. I can easily afford it and I'm not jealous. If you buy games and never play them it's a shame, considering they are GAMES. Why don't you buy it? Maybe you are jealous that I have the cash?
Incidently, any time I see someone selling a game and claiming it has 100 games or something like that I picture the audit button being reset. Similar claim with an Avatar LE offered locally. In this case, the seller never played it AND he wants to lose money based on what it would have cost new including tax.
I prefer just saying game is in brand new condition.

#47 12 years ago

Audits can of course be reset easily, the condition will tell the story.

#48 12 years ago

I can tell you guys this is the real deal ! The CC is in my friends hands and it is NEW .

Seller is a great guy .

Jim

#49 12 years ago

Honda does your friend want a CC flier or two to go with it? I still have a bunch of CC

#50 12 years ago

Thanks for all the replies and the pricing help....much appreciated guys!!! Game has found a home with another local Las vegas pinball lover!!! Also a special thanks to Jim. Be safe all!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Boards
PinSound

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/huo-cactus-canyon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.