(Topic ID: 19142)

HUO BDK for HUO Shadow... even trade or not???

By Snowdale

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Shadow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Let me know what you guys think.

#2 11 years ago
    Quoted from Snowdale:

Let me know what you guys think.

Fun wise, I think the shadow has it beat. Price wise, I think the bdk is worth more by about $500.

#3 11 years ago

Could be. With a lot of HUO BDKs, their value is known to a degree. Hard to know what a HUO Shadow is worth though. $3.5K? $6K?

#4 11 years ago

I wouldn't, But I don't like BDK that much.

#5 11 years ago

No way, don't do it!

#6 11 years ago

I've never really cared for BDK. Other than the crane, the game kind of bores me. TS, on the other hand, is one of the best pins ever made. That's just my opinion, however. If you're bored of TS and are looking to change things up, then go for it.

#7 11 years ago

Fell through anyway. It was my BDK for Shadow. But thanks guys, he probably read these comments. Back to the drawing board.

#8 11 years ago

I think you are better off, just my thought.

#9 11 years ago

No big deal IMO, lots of pretty nice TS's out there for a better price. Unless you are already a huge fan of TS, I couldn't see paying or trading at top dollar for one.

I for one AM a huge TS fan, and would consider a high end priced TS that was minty or had a clearcoated PF. Why? TS is one of the best games out there IMO, and certainly underrated because of it's title. But just like any title, I wouldn't go for it unless I already knew how I liked it.

#10 11 years ago

Its my shadow and you guys are making me think twice about trading it. Just wondering were you guys think the value of a mint condition shadow will end up in a few years?

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Its my Shadow and you guys are making me think twice about trading it. Just wondering were you guys think the value of a mint condition Shadow will end up in a few years?

My basement.... (fingers crossed)

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Just wondering were you guys think the value of a mint condition Shadow will end up in a few years?

I was just talking about this with nutshell79 the other day. We both feel that the most highly sought after second tier titles will continue to rise in price for the foreseeable future. Due to supply and demand, the "A list" games have now appreciated to the point where they are beyond the reach of many collectors. Meanwhile, the cost of NIB titles has gone crazy as well. As a result, people are now turning to games like TS, BSD, Congo, RBION, etc ... Let's face it, these games are going to continue to rise in price as people flock to them. This is one of the reasons why I was able to justify spending a premium for a very nice Shadow last week.

#14 11 years ago

My own thread ruined my deal.

#15 11 years ago

HUO BDK FT.... anybody.... Bueller?

#16 11 years ago

I really want a Shadow, like really bad, but I wouldnt have done that trade

#17 11 years ago

Shodale lets be honest now you wanted my mint shadow plus $1300 cash for your BDK. That was the deal not an even trade.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

Shodale lets be honest now you wanted my mint Shadow plus $1300 cash for your BDK. That was the deal not an even trade.

AND?

#19 11 years ago

Title says "even trade or not" You wanted an even trade I wanted cash on top.

#20 11 years ago

The new price hikes are tough to keep track of. A year ago TS was an $1800 to $2000 game. $1300 sounded right to me.

#21 11 years ago

I did not say it was a bad deal probably a very good offer on ur part. Just don't think I want to trade for BDK that is all. I only have 2 BWT left in my collection and I want to trade for another BWT.

#22 11 years ago

AND you are much better off not going through with it, for various reasons.

#23 11 years ago

Id say its a pretty fair deal if it were an even trade. TS has to be hard to come by as a HUO pin & if its a true documented HUO it could end up being worth more in the future. I wouldnt want to include cash in the deal though if I had the Shadow.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from Snowdale:

The new price hikes are tough to keep track of. A year ago TS was an $1800 to $2000 game. $1300 sounded right to me.

Shadows sell for around 2k-2500 these days....a true HUO example would be probably worth double or about what a HUO BDK is worth.

#25 11 years ago

Batman would whup up on shadow, in "real" comic life.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

Batman would whup up on Shadow, in "real" comic life.

Shadow would confuse Batman with his nonsensical plot and poor dialog.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Shadow would confuse Batman with his nonsensical plot and poor dialog.

Don't forget about his deadly poorly animated phurbas, lol.

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

Batman would whup up on Shadow, in "real" comic life.

"Yeah, maybe you're right. It'd be a good fight though."

#29 11 years ago

I like the Shadow more than BDK, so either HUO or not, go for it.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

Fun wise, I think The Shadow has it beat. Price wise, I think the bdk is worth more by about $500.

I agree with this statement.

#31 11 years ago

Now I want to see pics of what a HUO Shadow looks like!! Pics please!!

#32 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

Now I want to see pics of what a HUO Shadow looks like!! Pics please!!

+1

#33 11 years ago
    Quoted from dannunz:

I did not say it was a bad deal probably a very good offer on ur part. Just don't think I want to trade for BDK that is all. I only have 2 BWT left in my collection and I want to trade for another BWT.

Teekee on RGP sold a HUO Shadow privately a year or two back. You could send him a pm and he might share with you the sale price. I would guess it went in the $5K+ range. Honestly, the best way to get the market value on a pin like this would be to put it on eBay with lots of high quality pics. Just my two cents.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/huo-bdk-for-huo-shadow-even-trade-or-not and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.