(Topic ID: 280386)

HUO Addams Family Gold. What's it worth?

By Skypilot

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by wackenhut
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

117540991_10217568121702276_8201863999320832600_n (resized).jpg
169569FB-5DCD-4379-A365-940A052F88F5 (resized).jpeg
2fd3a753b185dbaaa0caff6bc220cb95c9ba4c07.png
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
E52E193A-7EE8-4751-96F8-5B46685D7060 (resized).jpeg
C7B84C94-8023-4C83-9100-C397B7ACD13A (resized).jpeg
2779086C-19C9-4F97-9764-F312E55E794B (resized).jpeg
363920DB-8378-4769-9F93-8E04BCA374CF (resized).jpeg
7EDE447E-0074-44A0-952E-275FE6534876 (resized).jpeg
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

I have asked a few people on the regular addams family forum. Would you guys install the NRAM Fuse Board Kit or the Regular Magnet Fuse Kit?

I have used both. I prefer the board as it is a cleaner look vs the fuses hanging from the wiring.

#52 3 years ago

Fuses work fine in my world

#53 3 years ago

I got the fuses, no need to replace a perfectly working original board. Feels to be a safe option.

1 week later
#54 3 years ago

We have two....I sold a Huo with under 300 plays for $20k last week..... going to post the other one for a little less soon

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

We have two....I sold a Huo with under 300 plays for $20k last week..... going to post the other one for a little less soon

Great news. $20k.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If I were selling it I'd put something stupid like $15K on it and see what happens.

This comment is soooooooo 4mo ago.

3 weeks later
#57 3 years ago

While pinside was down I sold two Addams family golds. One for $20k one for $17k... someone update the data list

#58 3 years ago

This is the only machine that should be commanding those prices in today's market.

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

While pinside was down I sold two Addams family golds. One for $20k one for $17k... someone update the data list

This truly amazes me. It's literally the exact same game but with some gold plastics, different decals, and a rom; none of which change the game and all of which can be applied to a standard for much less. I can't believe people are foolish enough to pay 3x the value of a standard for that and a piece of paper.

Unless these are Bryan Kelly level restores, it's just a case of fools being separated from their money, imo.

All of that said, congrats on the sales and congrats to the new owners of the games. I hope they enjoy them!

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

This truly amazes me. It's literally the exact same game but with some gold plastics, different decals, and a rom; none of which change the game and all of which can be applied to a standard for much less. I can't believe people are foolish enough to pay 3x the value of a standard for that and a piece of paper.
Unless these are Bryan Kelly level restores, it's just a case of fools being separated from their money, imo.
All of that said, congrats on the sales and congrats to the new owners of the games. I hope they enjoy them!

Regular Addams doing 10k so not 3x the value. But about double. And u can’t find gold
Plastic thing box. It’s unobtainable. So is the plaque screwed onto the front of the cabinets

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

Funny thing is you have a Gold on your wish list so of course you want it cheap!

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Regular Addams doing 10k so not 3x the value. But about double. And u can’t find gold
Plastic thing box. It’s unobtainable. So is the plaque screwed onto the front of the cabinets

You may want to check the sold archives again. The average is about 7k. I just sold one in decent shape for 6k in fact. So yes, according to math, you sold at least one of those games for about 3x the going rate of a standard TAF.

Past that, an unobtainable piece of plastic and some screws most definitely do not justify the price. If someone were adamant about converting to a gold, I'd argue a nice gold powder coat would look higher end anyway if you were going that route. Either way, I think the point is moot in regards to the price.

Quoted from Skyemont:

Funny thing is you have a Gold on your wish list so of course you want it cheap!

Haha, well of course! I also don't want to get ripped off; and make no mistake, if those guys paid those prices for anything less than HEP then they were indeed ripped off. I will gladly pay 12-13k for one in nice condition. That's nearing double the price of a standard which, in my mind, is about all the rarity is worth.

But hey, all that matters is that those guys are enjoying their games! I'm just making a point that those prices are too high, imo.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

You may want to check the sold archives again. The average is about 7k. I just sold one in decent shape for 6k in fact. So yes, according to math, you sold at least one of those games for about 3x the going rate of a standard TAF.
Past that, an unobtainable piece of plastic and some screws most definitely do not justify the price. If someone were adamant about converting to a gold, I'd argue a nice gold powder coat would look higher end anyway if you were going that route. Either way, I think the point is moot in regards to the price.

Haha, well of course! I also don't want to get ripped off; and make no mistake, if those guys paid those prices for anything less than HEP then they were indeed ripped off. I will gladly pay 12-13k for one in nice condition. That's nearing double the price of a standard which, in my mind, is about all the rarity is worth.
But hey, all that matters is that those guys are enjoying their games! I'm just making a point that those prices are too high, imo.

The sold prices on Addams on Pinside are way off. I know two guys that just sold their Addams. One went for 8900 and the other for 9400. Not 10 grand but it’s getting close. As far as gold goes it’s up in the air. I have a mint Gold and would not let it go for under 20k. That’s just me.

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

The sold prices on Addams on Pinside are way off. I know two guys that just sold their Addams. One went for 8900 and the other for 9400. Not 10 grand but it’s getting close. As far as gold goes it’s up in the air. I have a mint Gold and would not let it go for under 20k. That’s just me.

Are they off? I see that sellers have marked their ads as sold and that they sold for a specific price. I also see the dates on which they've sold so I know I'm not looking at old data. I'm not necessarily saying you're wrong here but I'm not seeing where the archives are wrong aside from sellers potentially claiming incorrect sale values. I get that not everything is sold on Pinside but it seems the sample set found on here is valid.

Also, just for the fun of spinning this on you: Funny thing is you own a Gold so of course you'd only sell it for a lot of money!

Regarding the 20k, bolted to the floor stuff: To each their own! If the game were truly rare and it were the only way to properly experience an Addams Family, I'd be right there with you. Considering the fact that the exact same amount of enjoyment can be had from a standard; I just don't see the value. I'm not saying it's not worth more; I'm just saying it's not worth THAT much more. Again though, just my opinion. If people are paying that and enjoying them, then let both buyers and sellers rejoice!

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Quoted from lllvjr:

how did you advertise them? I never saw any ads on facebook at all.

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

My father in law used to own TAFG #30 - he sold it several years ago for nearly $20k - the person that bought it drove from california (I think) to long island to pick it up. If I remember, the backglass was signed by the entire addams family cast.

#67 3 years ago

I love everything about the TAFGs except the baby diarrhea colored pop numbers. I’d have to change those back to the original multi-color versions day 1.

But yea - HUO TAF or TAFG, yes please! Either would be fine!

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

how did you advertise them? I never saw any ads on facebook at all.

private sale on the Huo and I listed the other one on four diff fb groups not sure how u missed it the sold listing is still up

#69 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

Who ever u sold that to for 6k prob flipped it for 9k already... but it’s irrelevant more money coming into the hobby that wasn’t into it before. It good n bad I guess

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Who ever u sold that to for 6k prob flipped it for 9k already... but it’s irrelevant more money coming into the hobby that wasn’t into it before. It good n bad I guess

I actually know the guy I sold the game to and I know you're incorrect. Besides, again, the market doesn't indicate this would happen. 7k is the average according to the numbers.

If I didn't know any better I'd say you were making an attempt to artificially inflate the cost of the game. To what end I can't say, but thus far all I've gotten are made up numbers in response to my actual data.

A standard TAF in decent condition is worth about 7k. I have proof of that. Can you provide the same for your data to show that I missed out on 3-4k when I sold mine?

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

I actually know the guy I sold the game to and I know you're incorrect. Besides, again, the market doesn't indicate this would happen. 7k is the average according to the numbers.
If I didn't know any better I'd say you were making an attempt to artificially inflate the cost of the game. To what end I can't say, but thus far all I've gotten are made up numbers in response to my actual data.
A standard TAF in decent condition is worth about 7k. I have proof of that. Can you provide the same for your data to show that I missed out on 3-4k when I sold mine?

Depending on the condition, you probably left some money on the table. Post Covid, prices have also become INSANE.

#72 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Depending on the condition, you probably left some money on the table. Post Covid, prices have also become INSANE.

I can't say I care one way or the other regarding money that could have been made. The discussion is about the numbers I keep hearing about versus actual, real data.

There are plenty of COVID-relevant data points that show prices just haven't risen that much, at least not for a standard, run-of-the-mill TAF. Sure, people will list games at silly prices but that happens all of the time. Only the games that sell are worth noting.

Again, this isn't about how much prices have risen or whatever. It's about people on this thread claiming standard TAFs are going for 10k on average and that a TAFG is worth 3 times a standard TAF (or 2 times according to the unsupported numbers presented).

I'm still also waiting for an explanation as to why the archives on Pinside are "way off."

To me, it's annoying that people start pulling numbers out of thin air during a discussion and clam up when they are presented with fact.

I'm not saying I'm necessarily right here, but no one has anything to back up what they're saying so far, even when it comes to trying to shoot down the data presented as being "way off."

That said, I'm not on some holy crusade here, so it's whatever. As long as the people who purchased the games are enjoying them, that's all that matters!

#73 3 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

so couldn't ya just add some new decals ($250) and plastics($180) and gold hardware ($500-1000) and ask 10k more?

#74 3 years ago

TAFG is a machine most collectors desire, just depends on how much someone needs the money or is willing to spend. Not really a pinside valuation, just the laws of supply and demand. Pinside is only one of the many avenues to buy/sell =)

Many transactions happen privately and there will be no data points for you.

You can relist your "wanted ad" for an Addams Gold another 5x, but you are going to have to pay a nice premium. Don't bash the machine just because you do not own one. Go find another regular at 7k and rejoice! It is only a few stickers etc.

FYI, you should add the Gold Manual to your list.

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

TAFG is a machine most collectors desire, just depends on how much someone needs the money or is willing to spend. Not really a pinside valuation, just the laws of supply and demand. Pinside is only one of the many avenues to buy/sell =)

As I've pointed out: Fools being separate from their money. I never once said they *aren't* selling for the quoted amounts. I've simply stated that I don't think TAFGs are worth the numbers people have posted as of late. So far all you've done is misinterpreted what you've read and then regurgitate what I've already pointed out.

Quoted from wackenhut:

Many transactions happen privately and there will be no data points for you.

I'm not arguing against this. What I *am* arguing against is the fact that it's been pointed out that the transactions listed on Pinside aren't valid. I am asking *why* are they not valid and how can it be said that a standard, everyday TAF doesn't sell for 7k on average. This has been made very clear in my previous posts. Again, a lack of reading comprehension on your part here.

Quoted from wackenhut:

You can relist your "wanted ad" for an Addams Gold another 5x, but you are going to have to pay a nice premium. Don't bash the machine just because you do not own one. Go find another regular at 7k and rejoice! It is only a few stickers etc.

I'm not sure where you're coming from here. When did I say I was bothered by the fact that I don't own one? I said I'm not willing to pay the unsupported numbers being presented here and that I don't agree that TAFGs are worth the prices mentioned.

Quoted from wackenhut:

FYI, you should add the Gold Manual to your list.

I'm not even sure if I can call this an insult but it appears you're making a very poor attempt at insulting my financial standing. I'm not sure where this is coming from or why you felt it necessary. None of this has been about people having or not having the money. I had mentioned before that this is a case of fools being separated from their money. Hopefully that helps you to understand why I still have my money and not the game.

All of that being said, I'm not sure what the hostility is about but If there are any other super-deep-cutting burns you'd like to get out of your system, I'm here for you.

#76 3 years ago

You mentioned in your "Wanted Ad" ITEM DESCRIPTION:
Looking for a TAFG in any condition. Must have the certificate and number plate.

I am not insulting your financial standing. Not sure where you are coming up with the accusatory language. I was just informing you that in addition to the Certificate and Number Plate, there is a Gold Manual (which is near impossible to find). Before you throw out such unfounded accusations, you should familiarize yourself with the collectibility items of TAFG.

#77 3 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

You mentioned in your "Wanted Ad" ITEM DESCRIPTION:
Looking for a TAFG in any condition. Must have the certificate and number plate.
I am not insulting your financial standing. Not sure where you are coming up with the accusatory language. I was just informing you that in addition to the Certificate and Number Plate, there is a Gold Manual (which is near impossible to find). Before you throw out such unfounded accusations, you should familiarize yourself with the collectibility items of TAFG.

Haha, ok. My apologies for misinterpreting one of your comments. Considering the tone of your post, I had mistakenly took it as an insult. Though for you to act as if you weren't meaning to be insulting overall is pretty disingenuous.

As for the manual: While those are difficult to come by they are not matched to a particular serial number whereas the plate and the certificate are. I do not want to limit sales to only those that have acquired something that can be found later on. Perhaps it is you that should familiarize yourself with said collectible items.

Anyway, let's get back to the discussion at hand; hopefully without the petty, passive-aggressive posts.

#78 3 years ago

I've got a TAFG manual that i would be willing to part with for the correct price, I paid dearly for it.

1 month later
#79 2 years ago

Everyone has wondered for a while what a Gold is worth. Especially on this thread (has people going back and forth on documenting pricing). It is safe to say that a Gold with all original boards, certificate, manual, smoked topper would hit 18K easily.

Done and Done and Documented =)

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Everyone has wondered for a while what a Gold is worth. Especially on this thread (has people going back and forth on documenting pricing). It is safe to say that a Gold with all original boards, certificate, manual, smoked topper would hit 18K easily.
Done and Done and Documented =)

Agreed. The market is definitely much crazier than I had originally thought when posting before.

#81 2 years ago

Good for you! If you got the one from Jim you are lucky. Now that you are an owner, how much would you like to pry it away from you??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 40.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 67.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

30,000 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 1,159.00
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 140.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 53.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

16,000 (OBO)
$ 28.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/huo-addams-family-gold-what-s-it-worth/page/2?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.