Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by tscottn
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hi, when I first start a new game the hundreds unit is stuck in the energized postilion ( Plunger Up ). I can hear a loud hum coming from the backbox and the coil is getting hot. When a play the first ball, as soon as the ball hits a 1000 rollover at the top of the playfield, the game scores 1000 and also 100 points on the hundreds unit and releases or deenergizes the plunger on the hundreds coil. then from there the game plays pretty normally, ( this also happens while playing but you dont notice it as much because the ball is always releasing the hundreds when it gets stuck.

I can simulate this by starting a new game, then if I push the M relay nothing happens except the chime until I push the L relay which then denergizes the plunger on the hundreds coil, which the allows the M relay to operate the reel as normal when pushed.

I hope this makes sense.. .

Thanks for any help..

#2 5 years ago

When you activate the 100 Point relay (M), if it locks on and doesn't let go, check the end-of-stroke switch on the 100 point score reel.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

When you activate the 100 Point relay (M), if it locks on and doesn't let go, check the end-of-stroke switch on the 100 point score reel.

will do that tonight wen i get home.. will report back

#4 5 years ago

Is the 100's reel failing to reset to zero during the start-up sequence because it gets locked on, or is it completing the start up and then energizing and locking on?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Runbikeskilee:

Is the 100's reel failing to reset to zero during the start-up sequence because it gets locked on, or is it completing the start up and then energizing and locking on?

It completes start resets to zero then locks on.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Hi Howard, I did some more troubleshooting.. the EOS switch is correct .. it opens when the plunger is completely pulled in. I also wanted to say that the hundreds reel resets to the 0 position when a game is started, so the game actually starts fine... but then the plunger is in the energized position until the 1K reel scores and moves off of the 0 position.

Upon further investigation it seems that the 1K reel causes the hundreds reel to lock every time the 1K wheel goes to 0 and stays there. so as long as the 1K reel is at 0 then the hundreds reel plunger is energized in the up position. once the 1K reel moves off of 0 the hundreds reel operates normally. hope that makes sense.

#7 5 years ago

My thought was that if the game is resetting the score reels to zero and kicking a ball to the shooter lane and then the 100s reel is locking on, you need to be looking for an inadvertantly closed 100-pt scoring switch (either on the playfield or in the tabs/wires under the playfield), or perhaps a lower probability of a short across the Jones plugs or elsewhere.

However, I'm not sure what to make of the 100s reel solenoid releasing when the 1000 points is scored???

#8 5 years ago

thanks for the info. I dont think there is any closed 100 point switches but i will look more closely and double check. unfortunately I had to head out of town for work.. wont be back till Sunday,.. at which time i will start troubleshooting and report back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa, CA
1,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hundreds-unit-issue-sky-jump-again?hl=runbikeskilee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.