Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 48 days ago by Seamlesswall
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 48 days ago

Score motor stops but mechanically - sometimes - keeps going (inertia) to the point it gets re-energized. Round and round she goes. Contacts separated to the max so that's not it. A little pressure added with finger to add mechanical resistance works. Maybe someone has had this problem and fixed it. Thanks

#2 48 days ago

I don't know what kind of motor Humpty Dumpty has but many games use an induction motor where the rotor that spins inside it slides in and out of the laminated steel plates. When power is applied the magnetic field created around the rotor not only causes it to spin but it pulls it more into the laminated plates so that the gear at the end of its shaft engages with the rest of the gear train. When power is cut, the rotor should slide back out of the motor and the gear should disengage from the gear train immediately. This allows the motor gears and cams to stop suddenly while allowing the rotor to spin down gradually. It's essentially a simple clutch.

If you have that kind of motor and the rotor doesn't slide easily in and out of the laminated steel plates the rotor could keep the gear train and cams turning after power is cut until the cam eventually closes the runout switch which sends power to the motor again. A sluggish rotor could be due to hardened lube or a worn spring (if your rotor is mounted horizontally).

/Mark

#3 48 days ago

Thank you MarkG for getting back. This motor is no different from any other EM machine except that the plates are made of Bakelite material. But, now that I have read your post closely I get it. Makes sense. Now, because this unit is NOT hinged in any way and bolted to the bottom board...well you get the work that's ahead of me. In an ongoing arcade situation....Thank you!

Added 47 days ago:

Yes it was the clutch. I would kill the power and then would hear the clutch drop a fraction of a second later. That told me there was a delay in the clutch dropping.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 99.00
Hardware
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 30.00
Apparel - Men
Pinball Haus
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 6.95
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 23.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 248.85
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 52.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 16.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 9,995.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Z

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside