Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by CNKay
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Irishbastard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 4 years ago

I have a high water table (I own a swamp, love paying taxes on that...), anyway... Set at 50%, separate meter (you need one of those, don't trust your dehumidifier) reads 47%. Runs often during spring/summer, not during winter. (Northeast) Drains into sump.. Mine last years, few recalled....easy disposal, place on curb... disappear

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from jrpinball:

Unless your foundation leaks, the humidity in your basement shouldn't have anything to do with the water table. Mine is very high here as well, but the reason your basement gets damp is because the air in it is quite cool, and when warm, moist air (like now) interacts with it, moisture condenses on all the cool surfaces (including your pins). This moisture will eventually evaporate, but will raise the relative humidity in the room. As long as your basement stays cooler than the incoming air, this cycle will continue until the air is saturated with water vapor.
    I used to get water dripping off my cold water pipes, but since I've been annually running the dehumidifier and keeping the room sealed from exterior air, it's remained cool and dry downstairs.

Have French drains, two sump pumps/battery backup....With heavy rains, the pressure under my basement floor is decent....I sealed everything years ago, but recently a few new cracks started, and water returned (only under extreme rain levels). Had four pumps running non-stop during 100yr floods in 2010, had water spraying out of stones in basement fireplace, and three inches everywhere else...if I lost power, would have been 6' of water..

It's an 80yr old foundation with a swamp less than 100' away, it's going to leak...(my pipes have never had condensate)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Irishbastard.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/humidity-control?tu=Irishbastard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.