Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by yancy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot from 2017-10-03 11-40-07 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrsanramon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 11 years ago

I would get something to measure the humidity, to see what it runs, before I bought any more equipment.

I would try to keep it from 25% to 55%. Anything above 55%, I don't like; but I have always lived in low humidity areas.

When no one is in the room, them humidity probably doesn't need to be controlled more than 15% to 75%.

But when people get in there, their respiration is filled with water, so the humidity in a small space is going to climb, if it's a closed space. So that's why I'd shoot for something like 40% max before people get in there and start playing.

The only issue with low humidity is if you are going to work on the boards. Anything less that 35% you should take more electrostatic precautions.

Robert

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from EvilJack:

Its not that humid in the game room. Not even close. I just want to keep the room at the optimum level of humidity. I don't want it too dry, or too humid.

Optimum level is probably 40 - 50%. Higher levels are OK, when you aren't in the room as long as it's non-condensing.

The issue with higher humidity and damage to machines is that with large temperature swings, you can get condensing (liquid water) on the surfaces.

Robert

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrsanramon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/humidity-and-pinball-machines?tu=mrsanramon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.