(Topic ID: 31793)

Hulk is sold out

By BShing

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hulk-181-comic-book-tattoo.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Well, the scary thing is, if you can sell something out in a day or 2, your pricing is too cheap. The market is showing it can bare more. Not good for any of us, but the market is deciding it.

Maybe and maybe not. I call it the "line in front of the club" effect. You see the line in front of the club and think "wow! that place must be hot!" Really, they're holding people out front on purpose to create some deliberate scarcity/exclusivity.

Apple does this as well with some of their products. And locally, there are some boutique restaurants that deliberately have really short hours or otherwise manufacture the "line out front" effect (lack of seating, for example).

But if they made the product/service widely available, suddenly the perceived scarcity/exclusivity plummets. It's no longer a "get it now or miss out" proposition.

Put another way, when pursuing that kind of business model you actually WANT people to bitch and moan, and talk up the differences between a Pro and LE. Because secretly, the people who do fork over for the LE get that "VIP" feeling seeing the rabble going into a tailspin over their perceived far-inferior games.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mike_J:

This is going to be a very hard to find pin because it looks so darn good. I hope it plays as good as it looks.
    And I am not an Avengers or Hulk fan.

But how many people do you know who bought ACDC Pro machines? Just off-hand, I can think of three in our area, all bought by distributors who don't post here.

There is one LE on location and the other I know of is a BIB in a collection.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jonnyo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/huls-is-sold-out?tu=jonnyo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.