(Topic ID: 31793)

Hulk is sold out

By BShing

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hulk-181-comic-book-tattoo.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BShing.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 11 years ago

I e-mailed Trent and they are all gone. That's okay with me, I was having a hard time trying to figure out the pricing. Here's a list of machines I bought NIB and what I paid:

TSPP picked up at a distributor in 2005 maybe? $3,400
    Family Guy from Jersey Jack delivered to my door $3,600
    Wheel of Fortune picked up at Forward Air $2,500
    Avatar LE picked up locally $5,200
    Tron LE locall $5,500
    ACDC LTBE local ("last one" crazy price jump but I wanted it after playing) $7,500 ($6,800 early on)
    Avengers LE price $7,000

Maybe it's me but at least ACDC had a lower playfield so you knew you were getting something extra from the pictures when you pre-ordered it and at the time it was less than Avengers. That Avengers sure looks sparce to me. I mean, $2,500 for WOF and there is way more to that playfield. Look at Tron LE against Avengers and tell me why in a year the price jumped 30%? It's just really risky to spend that kind of cash and maybe end up with a dog. If that game sucks the price is going to drop more than any LE they have previously put out. I hope it's awesome and everyone that bought one loves it but what if that Hulk ramp toy is the next Marching Amp Suit from Avatar? That sounded great but you can't even see it when it happens so what's the point? I guess I'm going with a Hobbit. We'll see once WOZ ships if this puts and end to the pricing nonsense.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

You gotta give Stern credit. The fact that they can sell out a machine before anyone has played it or even seen a video of it is remarkable.

100% agree with you on that one. The consulting firm that Gary used when he changed his marketing strategy knew what they were doing. Not only have all the previous LE's been a hit and sold out but look what the end result is now: Can the licensing cost, development and BOM on Avengers be any more than Tron and you are making $1,500.00 more per machine??? Wow, just Wow!

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

So what exactly does it mean when Trent says they are all sold out? I'm assuming there are still some available, but the people who have them will jack the price way up. Distributors such as Automated have become the ticket scalpers of the pinball world. It's pretty messed up that flipping a NIB pin so quickly is even possible. The hobby really has changed.

I suppose it means the same thing it did with ACDC. I could have bought one before anyone knew anything about it for $6,800 but ended up paying $7,500 when the original price model no longer applied.
    Stern not only offers 4 different models of machine but four different pricing models as well:

Pre-pre order pricing before you know anything
    Pre order higher price with a little more information, distributors making a few extra bucks
    Order price if you want one after you get to try it, usually highest of the three
    The hype is gone, the reviews are in pricing where the market now decides: I win on Tron, lose on Avatar

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BShing.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/huls-is-sold-out?tu=BShing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.