(Topic ID: 31793)

Hulk is sold out

By BShing

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hulk-181-comic-book-tattoo.jpg
    There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 11 years ago

If they are sold out then why are they still available? Well, like some have pointed out they are sold out to distributors but you can still buy one if you really want one. The local guy has two for sale with free shipping...

ebay.com link: NEW Stern HULK Avengers LE Pinball Machine Free Shipping

#52 11 years ago

They had 3 available a little while ago.

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

I'm interested in a Pro. As well as another friend of mine close to me.

Me too. All depends on the stuff we haven't seen, yet. I like the pro cab best, too.

#54 11 years ago

I'm glad to see some folks saying no to this recent price hike. The LE looks like less game than ACDC LE, but is more. Hopefully enough of us say no and the price will stabilize.

#55 11 years ago

Someone's trying to talk sense to the inmates of the asylum!

SHHHHHH!

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Someone's trying to talk sense to the inmates of the asylum!
    SHHHHHH!

"If you buy the premise, you buy the bit"

Johnny Carson

#57 11 years ago

when they say sold out, that means they are sold out from sterns to distributors. then the Dist's are the ones stuck with them when they don't sell.

#58 11 years ago

LOL. Here's the hype we've been missing. X-men had it big time leading up to the release, and some bought multiple LE's thinking they were "selling out". Now they can't move them for even close to what they paid for them.

I've thought this over pretty hard, and I can get a Pro for around $4500 delivered or a LE for around $7100 delivered So the difference is almost $3,000.00. I am thinking the pro game is the way to go at this point, and if the Premium gameplay is that much better I'll just sell it and buy one.

#59 11 years ago

also, people have a false sense that games increase in value after you open the box. Many were deceived from seeing Tron and AC/DC's LE prices. This is 2% of the time it happens. Most of the time, you lose your ass after you open the box. LE or not.

#60 11 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

also, people have a false sense that games increase in value after you open the box. Many were deceived from seeing Tron and AC/DC's LE prices. This is 2% of the time it happens. Most of the time, you lose your ass after you open the box. LE or not.

I know that the Tron re-release probably delayed it a bit, but I expect Pros to drop a good bit next year. There's just too much going on for it not to happen. Avengers, Predator, Woz, etc...

Figure that's about the timeframe that some of the Tron-but-not-pinball fanboys will start selling off their games too, after having looked at them for two years or so but realizing they don't actually use them and how much space they take up. Route games will start hitting the market too. I bought a NIB expecting it to lose value, but it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for me, and I now own both games that really sucked me back into playing and collecting pinball in the first place...Space Shuttle, and Tron.

#61 11 years ago

This is a good post IMO. When I bought my AC/DC premium, which I love, I couldn't help but feel it shouldn't have cost one penny more than my POTC. Based on the purchase price of most of my collection I didn't feel I had gotten my money's worth purely from a cost standpoint. I do love the game and don't regret buying it. The point is due to many factors the price of pins has gone way up. I had to pony up to buy a game I really enjoyed. The WOZ pin does look like it has a much higher BOM than any recent Stern pin. But that's not necessarily a good thing. Jack said he wasn't going to make any money on it. Now, it appears he needs to pre-sell the next pin to get enough money to even finish it IMO. Businesses have to make money to stay in business. That is a very simple fact.

Stern is making lots of money on their LE models. JJP isn't on the WOZ machine. I don't like paying 7k for le models (which are really the pro models of two years ago.) But if I want a new pin I have no choice. The only bright side here is that Stern is making lots of money and thriving. I won't buy as many pins at a 7K price point but at least someone is still making new pins in case I really need a fix.

#62 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

I just freed up a Hulk. I backed out. Go get it !

I love this, Jason finally does the responsible thing and I don't. The tables have turned my friend!

=)

#63 11 years ago

It's not sold out, you have time don't believe the hype. Call JJ if you really want one for a fair price. I am very hesitant because I did not like movie that much and the art is really not that great on the playfield. Wish they would release there hype fluff video already.

#64 11 years ago

I refuse to buy an LE of anything besides a Star Trek in the future. Sterns startegy may be working now on the LE but it will backfire. I know a lot of people have money, to buy whatever they want but if they produce 3 or 4 machines a year with 3 or 4 LE a year its just too many and the market is going to be flooded with them. It cannot be sustained especially with the quality for the price point. I really hope it changes, Stern should pick one title a year and make an LE out of that, every game with LE or premiums its going to blow up in their face. Ill spend about 10000 a year on pinball, not 30000. Good luck, hope the game is great, but i am out

#65 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

You gotta give Stern credit. The fact that they can sell out a machine before anyone has played it or even seen a video of it is remarkable.

A sell out of 250 machines is not all that impressive. Especially when they aren't really sold out. The distributors have them.

#66 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

So he can sell one for $10k next year.

.................or sell it for $5k by next summer

#67 11 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

Jack said he wasn't going to make any money on it. Now, it appears he needs to pre-sell the next pin to get enough money to even finish it IMO. Businesses have to make money to stay in business. That is a very simple fact.
    JJP isn't on the WOZ machine.

You say Jack said he is not going to make any money on WOZ. When did actually say that?

#68 11 years ago
    Quoted from absocountry2:

You say Jack said he is not going to make any money on WOZ. When did actually say that?

I don't believe he ever said that.

There is a link to a video in one of the threads here on Pinside where he states the actual BOM was very close to his initial forecast.

#69 11 years ago
    Quoted from RTR:

A sell out of 250 machines is not all that impressive. Especially when they aren't really sold out. The distributors have them.

As far as Stern is concerned, they are sold!

#70 11 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

Stern is making lots of money on their LE models. JJP isn't on the WOZ machine.

Where do you get that info from?

#71 11 years ago
    Quoted from turbo20lbs:

Don't believe the hype. Even if a distributor says they are "sold out", it's funny how later the same distributor has them for sale again.

I remember when inquiring about Wolverine LE distributors were putting pressure on saying how the demand was so high, they were selling so quick, it's first come first serve, etc. Then months later they still have them available.

#72 11 years ago
    Quoted from RTR:

I guess ACDC BIB is not really sold out either since i have one NIB that ill probably sell, so until it is sold, they can never be considered sold out, right?

WOZEC isnt either since automated services has one for sale on ebay.

If you can not buy another one from stern, then the machine is sold out, just because distributors have them available (usually at a higher price) does not change that. Sterns goal is to sell all the machines, if distributors and retailers bought all of them from stern, then its a hit for stern and keeps them going.

#73 11 years ago

I still have some hulks for sale.. Yes they are selling Fast but not sold out yet.

#74 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

Sterns goal is to sell all the machines, if distributors and retailers bought all of them from stern, then its a hit for stern and keeps them going.

Yep. Distributors will keeping buying them up too as long as they can sell them for profit. If the game sucks and they get stuck with them in their inventory, then they might start thinking twice about buying so many from Stern on the next title. But with the way people buy them before even playing then Distributors have no need to worry since there will always be a demand.

This is amazing. Stern selling out of LE's at 7K, JJP title next costing 7.5K. Will just be a matter of time before we hit 10K for a NIB since Stern and JJP will keep increasing the price to outdo each other. Stern is not stupid and they are making the titles people always wished they made in the past since they know it will sell just based on the theme alone. If they keep making killer titles then I don't think 8K or 9K will even matter to some people and they will still by them just like they are doing now with Avengers. People will say their limit is X amount and that if NIB go over that then they will not buy one, however once the title is announced and hype starts they end up still having to get one.

#75 11 years ago

I responded to your pm about this but I'll respond here too.

Watch the PPE video where clay pushes the point about JJP not making money on WOZ. I believe there are other references but this is the one that stuck out in my mind.

No one should really be surprised about this. To make the one pin he had to create all of the infrastructure. Every day the game doesn't come out the cost of the machine goes up.

#76 11 years ago
    Quoted from Honch:

As far as Stern is concerned, they are sold!

I get it, but it is like Ford Motor Company claiming all the Mustangs are sold out. Because they are parked at dealerships....

Give me a break!

#77 11 years ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

I guess ACDC BIB is not really sold out either since i have one NIB that ill probably sell, so until it is sold, they can never be considered sold out, right?
    WOZEC isnt either since automated services has one for sale on ebay.
    If you can not buy another one from stern, then the machine is sold out, just because distributors have them available (usually at a higher price) does not change that. Sterns goal is to sell all the machines, if distributors and retailers bought all of them from stern, then its a hit for stern and keeps them going.

As long as actual authorized stern/jjp distributors have NIB games for sale at msrp, they aren't really sold out.

When all you can find are people (and maybe a distributor or two) sitting on NIBs at prices above msrp, I would consider it sold out. So yes, WOZLE is sold out. So is ACDC BIBLE. Hulk LE, no.

#78 11 years ago

I don't disagree with you. It's just a matter of who's perspective you're looking at it from.

#79 11 years ago

Don't get me wrong, it is good that they got snapped up by the dealers. A good sign for pinball, glad that Stern is making money, cranking out new games, guarantees new games in the future, etc.

#80 11 years ago

It's déjà vu all over again!

#81 11 years ago

heard that a Australian distributor got 13 LE Hulk's and 13 LE Avenger's

#82 11 years ago

The outside of the machine and back box look insane. Layout looks sweet too. I can see why it sold out.

#83 11 years ago

Doesn't matter if he said that or not. At only 1400 units sold he is losing his ass on this WoZ. No big deal. Jack is not stupid; with all of the start up costs I doubt JJP expected to make money until they were a few games in. Lets just hope they make it to game #3...

#84 11 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

I agree the Blue is more Avengers and completes the theme best for sure. I dig the hulk colors though.

I think that is exactly what makes both versions unique and both desirable, blue is more Avengers and Hulk is so green, Stern seems to have captured the look correctly.

#85 11 years ago
    Quoted from BoJo:

Yep. Distributors will keeping buying them up too as long as they can sell them for profit. If the game sucks and they get stuck with them in their inventory, then they might start thinking twice about buying so many from Stern on the next title. But with the way people buy them before even playing then Distributors have no need to worry since there will always be a demand.
    This is amazing. Stern selling out of LE's at 7K, JJP title next costing 7.5K. Will just be a matter of time before we hit 10K for a NIB since Stern and JJP will keep increasing the price to outdo each other. Stern is not stupid and they are making the titles people always wished they made in the past since they know it will sell just based on the theme alone. If they keep making killer titles then I don't think 8K or 9K will even matter to some people and they will still by them just like they are doing now with Avengers. People will say their limit is X amount and that if NIB go over that then they will not buy one, however once the title is announced and hype starts they end up still having to get one.

I have heard this argument so many times from my friends who smoke, once cigs hit 2 dollars a pack they claim they will stop they didnt after the price went to 3 dollars a pack they didnt stop and still smoke and most brands are over 4 dollars a pack and only one has stopped but not for money reasons. It seems pinball has the same habbit forming tendencies but instead of millions of customers like tobacco companies Stern or JJP only needs 500 or 550 or even 1500 to make a LE sell out, its really not that many for the whole world, so many other hobbies limited editions are xxx number of 10,000

#86 11 years ago

Ordered Hulk LE from mike, great addition to a collection. Was present at W-S auction yesterday, AFM , in average condition , Boards shot, needs lots of attention, sold with fees for around the cost of what I paid this NIB. AFM is a fun pin , but when the cost for average needing a lot of attention competes with these NIBLE s , it's an easy choice .

#87 11 years ago

Well, I must be stupid because I bought the Hulk threw the gameroomguys last night. The last thing I heard from Doug was there were only 6 Hulks left he had. However, they were going fast. It's been a while sense I jumped on the Stern bandwagon especially after the Avater junk. I am sure some love that game, but I think it's the worst game ever made. I couldn't give mine away! or let's just say I did give it away or took a bath on it anyway you put it. So I am keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

#88 11 years ago

How could you buy a Hulk LE? I thought they were sold out.

#89 11 years ago
    Quoted from chessiv:

I responded to your pm about this but I'll respond here too.
    Watch the PPE video where clay pushes the point about JJP not making money on WOZ. I believe there are other references but this is the one that stuck out in my mind.
    No one should really be surprised about this. To make the one pin he had to create all of the infrastructure. Every day the game doesn't come out the cost of the machine goes up.

This may be right. But it's not because the cost to build the machine equals the purchase price. It's because he is so far in the hole paying staff for the initial development, initial factory keying, etc. The software, writing the whole pin os (the base software on top of the pc os) from scratch, was a monumental task. This is done now. Machine #2 should be able to utilize all this infrastructure and start turning some profit.

Quoted from RTR:

How could you buy a Hulk LE? I thought they were sold out.

If you scroll up a little, Gexchange said he has some. Order from him.

#90 11 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Where do you get that info from?

He got it from the interwebs........

#91 11 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

Well, I must be stupid because I bought the Hulk threw the gameroomguys last night. The last thing I heard from Doug was there were only 6 Hulks left he had. However, they were going fast. It's been a while sense I jumped on the Stern bandwagon especially after the Avater junk. I am sure some love that game, but I think it's the worst game ever made. I couldn't give mine away! or let's just say I did give it away or took a bath on it anyway you put it. So I am keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

Never, EVER, buy a NIB game off ebay. You don't even get a jar of vaseline !

#92 11 years ago

Quick sell out, but stern usually sells out in a very short time, which just means all the distribution has spoken for their allotment. Now the search for a distributor with one begins. I hope avengers is good. Hulk looks really awesome for sure

#93 11 years ago

If you want a fair price and excellent customer service/interaction contact Gexchange (JJ)!

#94 11 years ago
    Quoted from doughslingers:

I have heard this argument so many times from my friends who smoke, once cigs hit 2 dollars a pack they claim they will stop they didnt after the price went to 3 dollars a pack they didnt stop and still smoke and most brands are over 4 dollars a pack and only one has stopped but not for money reasons. It seems pinball has the same habbit forming tendencies but instead of millions of customers like tobacco companies Stern or JJP only needs 500 or 550 or even 1500 to make a LE sell out, its really not that many for the whole world, so many other hobbies limited editions are xxx number of 10,000

I personally have never smoked, but I believe cigarettes are pushing $10 per pack here in Canada (lots of extra taxes on them). So you guys are "lucky" at $4...

#95 11 years ago

What is really interesting to me is what an extreme contrast there is between the excitement/anticipation/hype that X-Men had and what we are seeing with The Avengers. Much less enthusiasm for the latter, for many different reasons apparently.

#96 11 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Never, EVER, buy a NIB game off ebay. You don't even get a jar of vaseline !

I didn't buy off eBay...

#97 11 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

What is really interesting to me is what an extreme contrast there is between the excitement/anticipation/hype that X-Men had and what we are seeing with The Avengers. Much less enthusiasm for the latter, for many different reasons apparently.

One of the main reasons for this because Avengers followed right on the heels of X-Men. I always thought this was an odd choice, as they are both extremely similar themes.

#98 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

as they are both extremely similar themes.

Correction, they are the same theme.

#99 11 years ago
    Quoted from Marten:

Sure sounds expensive but If they sell out this quickly, Stern must have their pricing right.

Apparently not high enough if demand is this strong. Next LE will go up 500.

#100 11 years ago
    Quoted from catboxer:

Apparently not high enough if demand is this strong ...

Well, we don't really know the true demand yet. All we know at this point is that there are a lot of people willing to speculate that Hulk will go up in value. This may or may not happen. It is my understanding that the blue Avengers version isn't selling nearly as quickly. If the game turns out to be a bust, a lot of distributors will be stuck with them.

There are 140 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/huls-is-sold-out/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.