• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

troy-and-abed-pointing.gif
hulk.gif
#1 11 years ago

Does it seem like a disproportionate number of hulk LEs are for sale? With all of the love for hulk, I guess I did not expect this many for sale this soon. Where are the blue LEs for sale? I am in the minority, like the blue much better.

#2 11 years ago

The blues are still in their boxes at the distro.

#3 11 years ago

Not enuff Blue LE's were sold to warrant re-sales in any significant quantity yet.Give it time .It will happen.....

#4 11 years ago

I was just thinking the same thing.............Oddly enough, I want a Blue and not a hulk, but no one is selling.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Ozzie:

Does it seem like a disproportionate number of hulk LEs are for sale? With all of the love for hulk, I guess I did not expect this many for sale this soon. Where are the blue LEs for sale? I am in the minority, like the blue much better.

What love? There are like...3 or 4 guys here that LOOOOVE it

#6 11 years ago

I bought blue. It is Not leaving, either.

#7 11 years ago

I love the game! I just don't love it for >$6000. That's not saying too much, though. I don't like any game at that price. If/when it goes down to XMEN/TFLE prices, I'll seriously consider. Quite a wide range on here. There's a NIB for $6250, an HUO for $6200 and then a couple of HUO's, one at $6800 and one for $7000. I don't know how those guys can expect to get anything close to that when they're being undersold by $600-$800 elsewhere.

Again, I ask-- At this rate, won't the premium have to be priced as a pro to have any chance of selling?

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I bought blue. It is Not leaving, either.

Same here.

#9 11 years ago

With ACDC, Metallica & Star Trek this year who the *F* would buy a premium Avengers when Hulks are for sale in the low $6's & the blue's are just sitting?

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

With ACDC, Metallica & Star Trek this year who the *F* would buy a premium Avengers when Hulks are for sale in the low $6's & the blue's are just sitting?

I'd buy one for 5k ...an LE, not a Premium lol

#11 11 years ago

Personally I really liked the blue LE model that Macro had at the Michigan Pinball Expo. The game seems like it packs a lot of features and has some great shots. I really enjoyed playing it!

#12 11 years ago

Avengers HUO Pro FS @ $3500

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-avengers-pro-huo-3550#post-790955

I bet Pro Metallica's (used) can be had for $3750 @ the end of this year.

Me personally I'd prefer to own Avengers Pro & Metallica Pro vs one HulkLE

#13 11 years ago

I said it before. Why in the name of all that is holy is there not a Black Widow Premium?

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I was almost a little surprised that Stern actually followed through with the premium. I don't really put much stock in LE sales since I believe they just sell out to distributors. Then it's up to them to unload them. But considering some distributors still have Blues in box...

#15 11 years ago

Totally underrated pin. Mine is not going anywhere.

#16 11 years ago

Here too. Love my Avengers Blue.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

I was almost a little surprised that Stern actually followed through with the premium. I don't really put much stock in LE sales since I believe they just sell out to distributors. Then it's up to them to unload them. But considering some distributors still have Blues in box...

Have they actually built any yet? ...or sold any?

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I only know that they announced it. So I would find it odd if they didn't think they could actually sell them. But we will see how it pans out.

#19 11 years ago

I'm keeping my blue. Fantastic game and lovin' Zdor's cube. I prefer the artwork with the whole Avengers team, plus it's a really nice color. Next up: Star Trek LE

#20 11 years ago

I *really* love my Hulk. Great shots and fun call outs. But I'm constantly wanting more pins every day. It never seems to stop either. Yes, I could sell all the stuff in the garage that I said I would do for Tron, but then I said it again for Hulk. Now I'm thinking the same thing for Metallica. The stuff in the garage still sits.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I was just thinking the same thing.............Oddly enough, I want a Blue and not a hulk, but no one is selling.

The blue was way better in my view. The Avengers are about . . . well, the Avengers . . . not just one member of the team. XMen Wolv LE's still had all members of the team on the cabinet art. The Blue Avengers was cooler in my view.

#22 11 years ago

I cannot stop playing my Hulk and I was one of the earliest on pinside to receive the game. I never enjoyed my SM as much as Avengers LE. Everything from the lighting, speed, randomness, callouts, and the variety of shots makes it an enjoyable playing experience. Also, playing Avengers makes you a better player because of the tight shots, randomness, and fast returns to the flippers. It is a good mix of modern pinball and EM style pinball IMO.

#23 11 years ago

I would agree avengers makes you a better player.

#24 11 years ago

Why would older games hitting the market seem odd when the newest one is released? Seems natural to me, regardless of opinion of gameplay or whatnot. Everyone wants the newest, latest/greatest machine, and some of us don't have unlimited money or space so something has to give (other game(s) and other stuff).

#25 11 years ago

There's a Hulk on here now for $5,999 !

hulk.gifhulk.gif

#26 11 years ago

Crazy low, but still new and everyone is excited about the next hot pin so gotta sell

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Too busy building ACDC premiums to care about Avengers Premium.

#28 11 years ago

If mine doesn't sell, it's headed to Goodwill.

#29 11 years ago

Avengers is crap game play wise no surprise the Hulks get sold to recoup money for something new

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

Avengers is crap game play wise no surprise the Hulks get sold to recoup money for something new

Whatever you say Space Jam.

#31 11 years ago

Whatever you say spacejam.

troy-and-abed-pointing.giftroy-and-abed-pointing.gif

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I would agree Avengers makes you a better player.

Yup. It's is true.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Why would older games hitting the market seem odd when the newest one is released? Seems natural to me, regardless of opinion of gameplay or whatnot. Everyone wants the newest, latest/greatest machine, and some of us don't have unlimited money or space so something has to give (other game(s) and other stuff).

The fact that older games hitting the market logically follows any new release. Very few people have unlimited funds for $4,000+ each hobbies/ toys/etc. My point is that you see an unusual number of Hulks vs. other recent machines (except XM LE which also seems to have a significant number trying to sell at the moment). Where are the Av Blues? The lowest I ever saw a NIB Blue is $6,400. I can't think of a HUO Blue that has come up for sale recetnly. As said, there is a NIB Hulk for $5,999 - wondering if this will hit XM levels of $5,000, with WOZ, Star Trek, 3rd Stern pin etc coming out in the next few months.

#34 11 years ago

can't imagine avengers hitting xmen levels.... xmen are more plentiful, and it was a broken game for so long.

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I'm keeping my blue. Fantastic game and lovin' Zdor's cube. I prefer the artwork with the whole Avengers team, plus it's a really nice color. Next up: Star Trek LE

+1

#36 11 years ago

Fire sale on these lately, seems like maybe the initial wow is wearing off and maybe people want to keep as much of their value as they can. They are dropping in price for sure and with Metallica, woz, and star trek coming I can see more hitting the market. I like the game but I can see how owners might be getting frustrated with some of the issues it currently has. Plus a premium is coming soon too on avengers.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Yup. It's is true.

It improved my gameplay quite a bit.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

The blues are still in their boxes at the distro.

All except mine I guess.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

I cannot stop playing my Hulk and I was one of the earliest on pinside to receive the game. I never enjoyed my SM as much as Avengers LE. Everything from the lighting, speed, randomness, callouts, and the variety of shots makes it an enjoyable playing experience. Also, playing Avengers makes you a better player because of the tight shots, randomness, and fast returns to the flippers. It is a good mix of modern pinball and EM style pinball IMO.

Yup. People either get it or they don't. I don't get the people who don't get it, but then again, I got it, and they don't.

Get me?

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I said it before. Why in the name of all that is holy is there not a Black Widow Premium?

Because Scarlett Johannson doesn't give her likeness away cheap like a drawing of the Hulk.

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Not enuff Blue LE's were sold to warrant re-sales in any significant quantity yet.Give it time .It will happen.....

What if the blue buyers actually bought for good reasons? Like they knew it could be around awhile, and they wanted to look at blue instead of green? Or that they planned to keep it if they liked the game, because that's what they like to do?

Ill bet far less blue buyers bought to flip, or thinking it would be "collectible" or that it was "cooler" or more trendy and therefore would skyrocket in value. Hulks ARE cool, but that doesn't mean anything in a fickle hobby where things change from black to white in an instant (next game comes out) or after years (people realize a game is much cooler than they realized).

#42 11 years ago

I think the blues look great! that said, the hulks look more comic'ish and not so movie'esk. All preference really.
No plans for my hulk to leave anytime soon. Great game.

#43 11 years ago

I enjoy the game when I play it. Think the blue looks better for sure. Everyone thinks Shrek looks dumb but Hulk is the tits.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Yup. People either get it or they don't. I don't get the people who don't get it, but then again, I got it, and they don't.
Get me?

I get you.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'd buy one for 5k ...an LE, not a Premium lol

im on the 5k list as well

#46 11 years ago

I also received very negative flack when i offered 6300 for a Hulk 4 weeks ago and was ripped as a low baller. Phew that was put not a call. Glad it did not work out. The hulk toy itself blows and the ball gets trapped all the time after playing it a bit. Time for gomez to hang it up i think, two real hits in a row TFLE and AVLE.

#47 11 years ago

I'm betting that you will be able to do that. The more LEs that Stern and JJP drop into the market the more the older ones will sink down towards that 5k range.

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

I also received very negative flack when i offered 6300 for a Hulk 4 weeks ago and was ripped as a low baller. Phew that was put not a call. Glad it did not work out. The hulk toy itself blows and the ball gets trapped all the time after playing it a bit. Time for gomez to hang it up i think, two real hits in a row TFLE and AVLE.

Gomez has seen better days. Ritchie and Borg are kings.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

The hulk toy itself blows and the ball gets trapped all the time after playing it a bit.

I think the toy is great. The ball gets stuck less often now with the new code.
I wish in Hulk mode the drop down targets would stay down to make use of that magnet. It seems like the magnet throws the ball into the back of the drop targets 99% of the time.

#50 11 years ago

when I saw all the pics, I said to my wife if I could ever afford one it would be the blue since all the avengers are in the artwork

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hulks-on-the-market-seem-odd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.