Hulk or Avengers LE

By ChadNC

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Already know how i feel but curious what others thought?
Are you choosing because of looks or prospecting future demand and feel one will be be worth more than the other?

I know when it came to ACDC alot of people choose BIB because the LTBR looked so much like the premium. Even though theyre were less LTBR.

Just curious what your guys thoughts were on this. Thanks in advance!

#2 11 years ago

I chose Pro, but I'll weigh in. IMO, the Hulk will eventually be more valuable (whether that means more than purchase price, only time will tell) than the Avengers LE. It is unique and stunning (even though it is an Avengers game, not Hulk). Another thing I believe will set it apart is the factory installed green DMD on what may be the last DMD game ever. Sure, others can go green aftermarket, but this is the only game to ship with a color other than orange or red.

#3 11 years ago

I will go with hulk as well.

#4 11 years ago

I would get Hulk because my son likes Hulk. Pretty much it.

#5 11 years ago

Hulk for sure. I know that a lot of distributors are sold out of hulk and I'm pretty sure stern is sold out.

If the game ends up being good then the avengers LE will prob get close in value. If the game is only so/so then I think the hulk LE will retain its value a lot more than avengers LE just because it's so different and because the hulk has a huge following.

Behind Spider-Man and maybe wolverine he is the biggest marvel superhero! Although over the last few years iron man has picked up a ton of popularity due to how good the movies were.

#6 11 years ago

I ordered a Hulk. Loved the TV show as a kid and my brother and I both were big comic fans... Don't really care which will be worth more as much as I thought the Hulk just looked unique.

#7 11 years ago

I lean towards the Avengers LE for me. No question the hulk looks great and is unique but it's an Avengers pin afterall and needs to represent all of the characters, not just the hulk. Also, not sure I like the contrast of the blue Playfield with the bright green. Anyways, all three versions look great and let's hope the gameplay matches the first impressions.

#8 11 years ago

Just get what you like best. Speculating on which one is going to be worth more later is senseless. Look at X-men LE, everyone thought the Wolverine's were going to sell for more than Magneto's. And let's not mention the speculators that bought one just to flip or thought they could cash in later. Those NIB's sitting in personal collections that you see going up for sale show that people were trying to cash in (why else buy and let it sit NIB for months?)

If Avengers ends up like X-men (code is not well received), it won't matter which machine you have, they'll all be worth less than what you paid. If you buy the one YOU LIKE, then it won't matter as much because it's the one you like.

#9 11 years ago

I went Hulk because I grew up watching Hulk and I dig green.

#10 11 years ago

I am going with Avengers LE, I like the blue color. I already have a green Sherk. I can see that Hulk could be a better choice for some.

#11 11 years ago

I'm going with the Hulk. Over here the Hulk was sold out in 2 days at my dealer! But even Avengers Le is doing pretty good. He only has 2 more left. He had 10 of each i think.

#12 11 years ago

Was planning on buying Avengers LE until I saw the pictures. Then I switched to Hulk LE.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from roc-noc:

Was planning on buying Avengers LE until I saw the pictures. Then I switched to Hulk LE.</blockqu
I was not planing on getting an le, was going to get pro, but the differences were pretty intense, and then when I saw the hulk version wow. HULK LE ALL THE WAY

#14 11 years ago

I buy games based on what I like and what I think is fun. Not for resale value (though its always nice!)

I personally think that the Avengers LE version looks better. Green is certainly different, but I think its too much green, too much Hulk (and not enough Avengers) and I too don't care for the green contrast with the blue playfield.

I am deciding whether to order an Avengers LE, get a Premium Avengers or get a TF LE combo. I am waiting for a video of the game in action to make up my mind.

#15 11 years ago

Avengers LE.

#16 11 years ago

Hulk is a home run for me. I don't really care about the other Avengers.

It's been a long time since Stern has made a game which looks this good.

#17 11 years ago

If it can only play as good as ACDC Hulk LE will be the 10k by next Christmas!

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

If it can only play as good as ACDC Hulk LE will be the 10k by next Christmas!

Or, if it's received like X-men, be worth $5900 by February.

Buying one is a gamble IMO, but if you're buying because you love the Theme, then who cares if it goes up or down? I'm happy with my X-men, even if I had to take a loss if I sold it right now.

And I really hope it's a kick ass game! I love this hobby and welcome any/all games that make me want to play them.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Or, if it's received like X-men, be worth $5900 by February.
Buying one is a gamble IMO, but if you're buying because you love the Theme, then who cares if it goes up or down? I'm happy with my X-men, even if I had to take a loss if I sold it right now.
And I really hope it's a kick ass game! I love this hobby and welcome any/all games that make me want to play them.

Its part of the ongoing joke on here but I truly believe this will go the path of Tron LE and ACDCBIBLE and be worth closer to 9k or above rather than TF: LE or Xmen LE and yes I sold Xmen for 5600 net 5490 at auction back in Kingsport TN and still have TF:LE combo in box. Cant win at them all just didnt like the shot layout and I love Big Buck Hunter Pro and other Borg pin layouts. Xmen just didnt click for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hulk-or-avengers-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.