image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
hulk-brooke-hogan-s-face-switch-creeps.jpg
There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 11 years ago

I saw both opened up and I am having a tough time deciding which one to go for. WHich one would you guys pick and why?
I am really torn it is a 55 45 race right now with hulk winning out because I like the green display
I val;ue all of your opinons any help would be gretaly appreciated
thanks guys

#2 11 years ago

If you can't decide go blue. It's more AVENGERS.
Both look awesome. Really.

#3 11 years ago

Can you even get a HULK ?? They sold out pretty fast...

#4 11 years ago

Hulks are out there. Probably a little higher in price then the Blue Le.

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I saw both opened up and I am having a tough time deciding which one to go for. WHich one would you guys pick and why?
I am really torn it is a 55 45 race right now with hulk winning out because I like the green display
thanks guys

I would buy the hulk solely based on your avatar....LOL

#6 11 years ago

Yeah I already have a hulk le waiting for me I am just trying to make the decision.

#7 11 years ago

This is true.

#8 11 years ago

I have the blue and prefer the blue...mostly because it features all the Avengers and my family has had a lot of fun wi the various movie. The blue is drop dead beautiful, but I do have a little Hulk envy too. Hulk is a screaming piece of eye candy. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

#9 11 years ago

To me, the blue LE is the way to go. Hulk is already the prominent feature on the game by far. There is no need for him to dominate all the artwork as well. I know a lot of people like the Hulk because the green stands out in a collection, but I honestly think the blue LE is a better looking machine overall. At the end of the day, though, it all comes down to personal preference. I would venture to guess that most Hulk owners will defend their choice, while owners of the blue one will do the same. I applaud CG for recommending the blue one despite being a Hulk owner.

#10 11 years ago

I do believe the Blue looks better and more fit for the title. I absolutely agree. I jumped to Hulk only because I dig green. Honestly. The blue is awesome for sure.

#11 11 years ago

The Hulk machine will be the one wanted in a year. It's obnoxious and awesome. That effer is green and commands attention.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

It's obnoxious and awesome.

Word! What he said!

#13 11 years ago

The backglass art on Hulk is pretty killer. But if these are really limited to 250 each, I'm sure they'll each get plenty of interest in the resale market.

#14 11 years ago

If you choose a Hulk, make sure it's the right Hulk.

hulk-brooke-hogan-s-face-switch-creeps.jpghulk-brooke-hogan-s-face-switch-creeps.jpg

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

The Hulk machine will be the one wanted in a year. It's obnoxious and awesome. That effer is green and commands attention.

I love the green.

#16 11 years ago

I can understand why some would not like the green, but if I bought one, it would be Hulk without hesitation. Like Gambit said, it commands attention. I went for the Magneto version of XM when I bought that for similar reasons, but even Magneto doesn't stand out like Hulk.

#17 11 years ago

I think Magneto is the nicer looking of the two X models. I had them both too

#18 11 years ago

I'd get the blue and put a Xpin DMD in it. The green looks nice but as others have said its a Avengers pin not a Hulk pin. Atleast on the Xmen pins then still included other characters in the cabinet art.

I just wish they went the extra mile and put this kinda money into a Iron Man pin.

#19 11 years ago

When you think avengers you think team not
just one character. Blue all the way.

#20 11 years ago

Avengers blue will stand the test of time. I am not convinced that Hulk will. The green is like "bell bottom jeans." It looked cool when you bought them, but you don't like them as much as your Levi jeans with straight legs. The blue is classic and classy. My two cents.

#21 11 years ago

I agree. Go Blue. Heck now I want a blue version you turds......

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from BackFlipper:

Avengers blue will stand the test of time. I am not convinced that Hulk will. The green is like "bell bottom jeans." It looked cool when you bought them, but you don't like them as much as your Levi jeans with straight legs. The blue is classic and classy. My two cents.

Yeah, because the Hulk has only been a fan favorite since 1962. I am sure that your Bell Bottoms analogy is right on. Hulk is Hulk. Big and green and always popular.

#23 11 years ago

Im happy but I like them both. Hulk is screaming for green under cabinet and behind back box for sure......

#24 11 years ago

Despite the fact that I prefer the blue one, I firmly believe that the Hulk version will ultimately be the more collectible of the two.

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Yeah, because the Hulk has only been a fan favorite since 1962. I am sure that your Bell Bottoms analogy is right on. Hulk is Hulk. Big and green and always popular.

Hulk is cool but I still think Iron Man made the movie good. But Hulk was Definitely a great character in the movie. Both could definitely hold value or increase if they give the game a good code to match the looks.

#26 11 years ago

What is going to be more popular in 10 years: the 2012 Avengers movie or the Hulk character? You have a bunch of currently popular actors playing Marvel characters on one, and an all time classic, all time favorite comic character - that had already withstood the test of time (unlike bell bottoms), on the other. At some point they will hit the reboot button on this franchise.

Why even go that far though? Let's look at which one is sold out........

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Despite the fact that I prefer the blue one, I firmly believe that the Hulk version will ultimately be the more collectible of the two.

I agree with this. The night Stern released the pictures I wanted to get some non player opinions so I stopped at the comic shop down the street. I know the owner and I asked which one he liked. All the guys in there preferred the Hulk LE over the blue LE.

... of course they all thought pins cost about $500, but that's beside the point.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

of course they all thought pins cost about $500, but that's beside the point.

I know thats right. I have friends that say things like "is that like the price of an Xbox and some games?"
Yes, lots of games...

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Let's look at which one is sold out........

True

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I know thats right. I have friends that say things like "is that like the price of an Xbox and some games?"
Yes, lots of games...

Yeah, like the price of an Xbox and season tickets to games.

#31 11 years ago

Can't go wrong either way, if you have a HULK on the way then it's as good as done.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

thanks guys

Similar to Transformers, the combo is the more sought after. Simple..... It's represented by all the Transformers. Same goes for Avengers. I would want the Blue metallic trim with all the Avengers represented. The Hulk green is cool though and the DMD is sweet but an Avengers with blue DMD would be just as sweet. They are both limited to 250 ea so after the hype and years down the line both should be worth the same if value $ is your concern.

But didn't you tell me your wife likes the Hulk, if so go with that. I'd still get the blue ? Did I confuse you more ?

#33 11 years ago

I'm gonna get to see the Blue one this weekend (hopefully), and the Green one after new years. I'd probably have a tough time deciding...I agree w/ Jason - having all characters represented makes the most sense for the theme. Metallic blue just seems really cool looking...and I have a feeling the mirrored backglass will have a totally different impact in person than in pictures. However, I hate that f*cking jumpkick pose of Black Widow that's all over the entire game.

Hulk is just Hulk, which is less Avengers-y....but - he IS the main toy of the game. So in that sense I don't think being totally Hulked out is odd, compared to TF which DID look odd as one faction, IMO - since the game design itself was split down the middle. Also, when you see his animation on the green DMD, it just looks "right". The other characters look weird in green, but hey, whatcha gonna do.

So....yeah...I just gave you zero useful info...lol...you've seen them both in person so you know what's up.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm gonna get to see the Blue one this weekend (hopefully), and the Green one after new years. I'd probably have a tough time deciding...I agree w/ Jason - having all characters represented makes the most sense for the theme. Metallic blue just seems really cool looking...and I have a feeling the mirrored backglass will have a totally different impact in person than in pictures. However, I hate that f*cking jumpkick pose of Black Widow that's all over the entire game.
Hulk is just Hulk, which is less Avengers-y....but - he IS the main toy of the game. So in that sense I don't think being totally Hulked out is odd, compared to TF which DID look odd as one faction, IMO - since the game design itself was split down the middle. Also, when you see his animation on the green DMD, it just looks "right". The other characters look weird in green, but hey, whatcha gonna do.
So....yeah...I just gave you zero useful info...lol...you've seen them both in person so you know what's up.

Totally agree with you on the comment re: avengers blue. It would be perfect if not for that ridiculous Black Widow pose everywhere. Wtf!

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I just wish they went the extra mile and put this kinda money into a Iron Man pin.

If you want to put money into an Iron Man to make it right, just send it to HEP!

#36 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Metallic blue just seems really cool looking...and I have a feeling the mirrored backglass will have a totally different impact in person than in pictures ...

The mirrored backglass looks fantastic!

#37 11 years ago

more video of modes for avengers please

#38 11 years ago

I was in the same boat as you, Thought about it for days.
I ended up going with the Blue Avengers, again because (Yes Hulk looks very cool) but its about the Avengers! not the Hulk. Just my opinion tho

#39 11 years ago

I wouldn't care one bit about properly "representing" all the Avengers. All i care about is which machine looks cooler. For me, Hulk LE would be a no-brainer.

#40 11 years ago

In the end, you gotta look which one you like best. That is, and will (and should) always be the most important decision/consideration.

But if some want to make the best investment option, then i think Hulk will be the best choise.

#41 11 years ago

"I commanded the attention first and you can't imitate the original green shock of CV."

- The Ring Master

#42 11 years ago

Well you should go pick up what you told pupo to order

#43 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

What is going to be more popular in 10 years: the 2012 Avengers movie or the Hulk character? You have a bunch of currently popular actors playing Marvel characters on one, and an all time classic, all time favorite comic character - that had already withstood the test of time (unlike bell bottoms), on the other. At some point they will hit the reboot button on this franchise.
Why even go that far though? Let's look at which one is sold out........

Well, both Hulk movies kinda sucked. I got into the vibe of the Ed Norton version...but couldn't really believe in him as the Hulk. Very average movie at best...and the other one was awful.

Avengers as a group should always have wider audience appeal than Hulk...but the Hulks audience may well be willing to pay more for their affections. Especially pinheads. There will probably be more Avengers movies too.

The Blue is Audrey Hepburn, the Hulk is Marilyn Monroe. Can you really lose?

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

The Blue is Audrey Hepburn, the Hulk is Marilyn Monroe. Can you really lose?

I need a Betty Page model please.

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The never ending jump kick IS totally lame! I'm sure we'd all like to see the BW in any number of different positions! I have to wonder if SJ just looked stupid in other photo shots? Her agent probably had two demands: you can only use THIS picture....and....that other babe can only have a tiny picture, lest she out-babe SJ. The brunette had all her big scenes cut out of the movie too....probably because they sucked....but maybe Scarlet didn't like the competition.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If you want to put money into an Iron Man to make it right, just send it to HEP!
» YouTube video

Dam you Rob...I thought this was brand new Avengers video!!!!

#47 11 years ago

Agreed. Betty is a sweetie.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#48 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I need a Betty Page model please.

Any luck on that CSI key fob?

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I wouldn't care one bit about properly "representing" all the Avengers. All i care about is which machine looks cooler. For me, Hulk LE would be a no-brainer.

I couldn't agree more.

#50 11 years ago

I think if you own a Hulk, it is easier to get past the non movie voices. In a weird psychological way, if I'm looking at a green Hulked out cab with Hulk front and center, I'm more likely to forget the movie and get engrossed in the Hulkness of it all. If that makes any sense.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hulk-le-or-avengers-le-i-need-to-make-up-my-mind and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.