• ACDC Premium 109 votes
    74%

(Multiple choice - 148 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

300px-Tales_of_Suspense_Vol_1_80.jpg
images-2.jpeg
IMG_1463.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 11 years ago

I think it's a lot closer than anyone imagined.

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I respect your opinion just dont agree with it. Hard to make a decision without playing Avengers but from what i've heard & seen in videos nothing looks that great about it.

Well, I've played it. And it rocks. And a lot of people are going to start saying the same thing. And some - SHOCKER - are going to say its better than ACDC. I won't say that, because until I have ACDC in my basement it wouldn't be fair. Yet. But I've played plenty of ACDC....and I don't enjoy it as much as Avengers....or Spider-Man for that matter.

#47 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Avengers isn't in the same galaxy as ACDC

It's really not fair to claim that Avengers is already that much better than ACDC. But tell me why you think so? Which one did you buy? Or where have you been playing it?

#57 11 years ago

ACDC Fanboys. So eager to hate on what they haven't played. So eager to say a firepower play field layout with ramps and a cannon is soooooo cool. Oh but the rules!!! Lyman....LYman!...LYMAN!!! Oh!!!

Gimme a break. It's pinball not Tolstoy. Avengers kicks ass. I don't care if ACDC sucks or not... I have never felt inclined to neg a machine...or gush (LYMAN!!! Ohhhhhh!). But Ill say what i like and I will defend an unfairly maligned machine....and I'll certainly call BS on anyone knocking a game or rendering an opinion on gameplay or enjoyment or comparing it (!!) without playing it.

Avengers is what pinball is all about. It's fresh, it's fun. So far so good. So very very good. Definitely feel lucky to be among the first to play it. And beyond thrilled that my first NIB is a winner and not a dog.

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Lol sounds like someone need to relax a little. He asked why would you choose one over the other and we gave our opinions. Don't get all butt hurt cause the poll isn't leaning the way of the game you just bought. You still didn't address what me and others have critiqued about Avengers with their "marvel approved voice actors". Why the hell couldn't Stern get the voices from the movie???

How the hell should I know? Why did Steve Ritchie have to voice over his own game, why isn't the REAL Devil doing it? Or Angus Young?

The only two voices that matter 2 shits are Sam Jackson and RDjr. And those two actors just happen to be among the most famous on the planet. RDjr is probably the hardest actor to get for anything right now. You notice his likeness/face is not used, just IMs....which makes sense, because RDjr isn't an Avenger (news flash, they're made up) he's an actor.

Using real actors voices actually dates the machine, and can associate unintentionally with other movies. Remember, RDjr was a dick sucking dope head in less than zero....maybe I don't want that guys voice on my game! Lol.

Look, it would have been great to have Sam Jackson and Downey on the game. They're not. Oh well. It doesn't make the game any less fun, believe me. The black widow voice is sexy as hell. Better than SJ, who never sounds sexy, just looks sexy. You take the good with the bad. But hey, keep looking at the cloud instead of the silver lining. I hear that's one of the seven traits of highly miserable people.

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

The game is based on he movie...its there for dated. Going with lame voice over actors just makes it that much worse. Its ok we get it, you bought the game & cant stand anyone who has anything negative to say about what they did.

No, I can't stand any ignoramus who complains about something they have no direct experience with. Neg the game all you want. Just play it first. I'm a big boy. I won't care at all if you don't like my game.

#72 11 years ago

Btw, the game clearly isn't based on the movie, or they'd have movie clips and voice impersonators.

#79 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I don't know if your being sarcastic or just not very smart. Look at all the images on the playfield and tell me its not based on the movie. Dude are you serious???

It's based on the Avengers. Has some pretty pictures of some of the movie actors. But nothing else from he movie. How then could it be based on the movie? Inspired by? Sure. Influenced by? Maybe. But certainly not based on.

#82 11 years ago

Ok, and XMEN is "based" on the comic book, right? Because there has been an overwhelming fad in the country now, if not the world, and every one is buying XMEN comics. I myself have an xmen comic club, and we meet every week to discuss a different comic. The theme, plot, character development, etc. Clearly XMEN comics are why Stern released an XMEN Pinbsll machine, and it has NOTHING to do with the 5 or 50 (can't keep up) XMEN movies out there...

Right. Look, Einsteins, OBVIOUSLY they made the Avengers pin because of the hype and success of the movie. Just like XMEN...but because XMEN has comic book art and custom dots and no name voices its NOT based on the movie? Right. The only difference - conceptually - with Avengers is that they actually used the movie images..except for RDjr. Probably because they're better looking and WAY bigger stars with broader appeal and recognition (Shia Laboef....uh-huh).... But hardly anything else in the game is from the movie....but it's "based" on the movie? Ok, have it your way. Guess what, who cares? The game stands on its own either way...and it's soooooo not important. If your telling me you only bought it because of the movie then you'd better sell it....you're gong to b disappointed.

My point is and remains: if you like the Avengers theme and you love pinball, you will not be disappointed. How hard is that? Of course we have people criticising the game because of voices and callous they haven't heard...and it doesn't take a boob to know that's LAME!

But haha, I'm the one playing it bitches! Bitch away! Bitch Bitch Bitch! Bitches!! Bwahahahaha!!

#83 11 years ago

Oh, and merry Christmas! It certainly is for those playing Avengers!

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

How can you say "nope" and then proceed to post this hilarity?

Because you wouldn't know a boob if he tweaked your nose.

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I think we need to give him a bit of a break....I mean anyone with a TF & CSI in a small collection might have some issues only a trained professional could help.
Its all good Family Arcade....Go play some Spidey & enjoy your Xmas.

Oh, I know it's all good. I don't need you and Rob to help me with that. You see, you're just showing your colours again. Just very jusgemental about games and clearly what YOU like and what YOU own is THE BEST(!!) because....well because it is! And you just can't believe people can have alternative opinions when it comes down to what you think. BUT you really enjoy questioning and doubting and criticizing games you haven't played or dont own or don't want. Uh-huh. And my collection is "bigger than yours" so look who's talking.

#91 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You've done more than enough tweaking in this and many other threads to make it clear who the boob is.
Do you post anything helpful or interesting? I don't recall seeing it.
Just sayin'.

Yes! I posted that Avengers is better than ACDC! And might be the best pin ever! And how is that different or less valuable than the 50,000 karma points you've collected blabbing unsolicited about the games YOU feel are the BEST EVER! And that ARE NEVER LEAVING! And that you would never sell for 5 figures Etc. ad nauseum, yada yada, yawn. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.........

#93 11 years ago

You somehow missed my heavy sarcasm. Just making a point....in a thread littered with authoritative opinions from people with no authority.

#101 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Says the guy who thinks Avengers isn't based on the movie.

R u this dense? If you'd stop listening to yourself so much you might actually be able to detect the sarcasm, nuance, subtlety, ridicule and logic in these posts that you clearly don't understand...but feel qualified to argue with nonetheless. But you live in Riverside, so that explains it somewhat, I guess.

#103 11 years ago

I live in Riverside?

#105 11 years ago

Yeah, I know, I'm just your little organ grinding monkey. What is your point actually? That I don't think Avengers is based on the movie? Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?

#108 11 years ago

Right. It has pictures of the actors that played the characters. So obviously there's a relationship. But that's where the relationship ends. No video or audio rips from the movie. No impersonation of the movie actors. In fact, different voices entirely. Many are bitching and moaning that there at no movie scenes or movie voicework....so my statement is somewhat rhetorical. I mean, is it based on the movie when there is nothing from the actual movie associated with the pin except for some photoshopped pictures of the actors? The voices are from the TV productions, right? So does that mean its based on the TV cartoons? Can it be based on both? Why not just say, as I did, that its based on a collection of comic book characters called "The Avengers", and they tied in some different elements from some different iterations of the product.

I'm pretty sure that XMEN was made because of all the movies. But they elected to go with comic book art....no doubt because the actors in XMEN are far less famous and less desirable on the game. Avengers has some of the mos famous, if no best looking, actors in he business. It makes sense to put their pictures all over the game. But it stops there.

If people are going to make such a fuss about how important the voicework is to a game, and to integration with a theme, well, than it stands to follow that Avengers pinball must not be about the movie....because if it were, they'd have video and audio rips from the movie instead of custom dots and cartoon series voicework.

My god, is this so hard to grasp? I really had to literally spell it out (most of it for the second time) for RobT and clearly a few others. But, unlike Robs claim that "most people here don't fall for it", I doubt most people here are as dense as he is.

#110 11 years ago

Quoted from RobT:Yes. Yes I do. So does everyone here but you apparently.
It is entertaining to watch you back track now though.

Not backtracking bitch. You should make sure that you only wag your finger when your right! It makes you look like an even bigger idiot!

#112 11 years ago

Where did you move to? SoCal is pretty general. Or are you still in Riverside?

#118 11 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

The plot of the movie and the goal of the pinball are the same.
In very simple terms:
Assemble the Avengers Team by going after the Tesseract and Defeating Loki.

That's roughly the theme of the original Avengers comics too - and im guessing cartoons too? Never saw a cartoon. Loki was the first villain. Did a Tesseract exist? Probably. I don't know, I wasn't alive in 1963 when the first Avengers comic came out and haven't come around it.

No one here is grasping the ultimate point Im trying to make, which is you can enjoy the Avengers theme of this pin without vid rips, audio rips or voice impersonations. You dont need movie association to enjoy this pin, and that's a good thing, because there is none.

Say what you want, but I have the pin in my house...and if the actors pictures weren't on the game, you would BARELY be associating the pin with the movie.

Movie/pin strong relationship: IM, yes. LOTR, yes. Avatar, Yes. Avengers? NO.

And Smassa, if you can't wrap your warped skull around that, you're the idiot.

#119 11 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It's movie based...they just didn't want to pony up for the real movie quotes. End of story. The impersonators say movie lines, just not really that good apparently. Admit that it is movie based dude, it's as plain as day. What's wrong with it being movie based anyways? It's a great movie.

Ill leave it to other Avengers owners to corroborate what you just said about movie lines being used in the pin. Im not sure about that. I've seen the movie twice and with a couple exceptions, no "non hulk" callouts in the pin have jumped out to me as obviously from the movie. And we all know how much Hulk talks in the movie....he talks non stop here. Maybe when I get deeper into the game ill hear more. This is custom tailored voice work.

Here's an example of a "clever" line from the pin that sounds like it would be in the movie. Hawkeye says "I make any team look good". Is that from the movie? Or is that from a comic book or cartoon? I'd love to know.

And there is nothing wrong with it being movie based. It clearly exists because of the movie. I wanted the actors anyway. But the pin does not seem movie based. I guess you just have to play it to get it. Or maybe I'm an Army of one here. No matter, I play the LE an hour a day and love it. When I grow nostalgic for the early 80's I might even play a little ACDC in the background!

#122 11 years ago

I'm sorry if you don't understand my interest in taking this subject to a different level. Mucking around in the wilderness of the obvious is pretty boring. But achieving dialectic with the likes of you is clearly impossible, so I'll stop trying. Question: what would your life be like if you were happy?

#125 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Classic....look through this and the other ACDC thread and see who started all the crap. Like I said about 5 times already. OP wanted an opinion on the game and I gave it. You decided to go off after I gave MY OPINION.
Don't like it fine, But you were the one who took it personal.

Your opinion is worthless unless you've played the game. Duh.

#127 11 years ago

Associate away. The pictures are very nice. Especially the one of RDjr....oh wait, there isn't one.

#130 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Go back and watch the gameplay video more closely and then you'll see why it isn't the winner.

If your only opinion was on the voice work you'd have a point....but this is your first comment in the thread. Basically saying Hulk is the loser because you watched it on video and could tell.

Gimme a break.

#132 11 years ago

There's video of him and voice work in IM. Nice try.

#133 11 years ago

By the way...is the movie or is the movie not based on the comic books? It's ALL ultimately based on the comic books you dolt!

#136 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Nice back tracking Mensa

Huh? No back tracking. What I've said all along. Pin based on movie. Movie based on comic books. Pin based on comic books. That's called deductive reasoning or the transitive property of youre an idiot.

#139 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

lol
I've been very entertained by his backtracking! It just keeps getting better.
I think this is the part where he comes in and says "not backtracking bitch" again.

Where is the backtracking? Somebody prove to me how voicework from the cartoon voices doesn't make the pin just as easily "themed" on the cartoons as the movie? They used movie pictures and cartoon voicings and original custom dots. ALL base on comic book characters. That's the one true pedigree. Everything else is mental masturbation. Or maybe just Ordinary masturbation for you and Smassa where brain cells don't really factor in.

#145 11 years ago

Just play the game. That's what it boils down to. Play the game, and then come and tell me that it immersed you in the Avengers movie experience. Stern may have wanted to make their pin feel like the movie, but they didnt. You don't know that because you haven't played it. You can go on and on about what is and isn't, but the fact is you don't have a clue.

You guys seized on the semantics of my saying, roughly, "how can the pin be based on the movie" when there's hardly any movie in the pin. Overlooking the point of the argument by focusing on the one thing that you can wrap your tiny brains around. That's what a fool does.

How many Avengers pinball players feel that the pin oozes the essence of the movie and puts them right there with the actors in the script? Or instead, do they feel their just playing a cool pinball machine with a super hero theme? For me it's the latter...and that's been my point, however badly I may have mangled it, all long.

#146 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Dude go see your doctor....time to up the dosage on the Med's!!! You were the one who started with the personal attack & started in with others about where they live. Seriously??? Grow up or GTFO. Doubt anyone would miss your abusive attitude.

Um, you guys started with the the condescension and the implication that i was "butt hurt" and a boob. Not me. So lets not get on our high horse, shall we? And go back and read the thread. Yes, my comment on the movie was SARCASM. But sarcasm dipped in some very valid points. That's why I said you guys were dense....but you couldn't grasp it.

And Mr. Riverside has routinely gotten in arguments with people for as long as I've been on here and id venture that more of his karma points are fights with people then mine.

#147 11 years ago

And I wasn't asking where Rob lived so I could stalk him, if that's what your implying? He changed his designation during this thread. I was curious why he stopped flying his Riverside flag. Having grown up in SoCal, I know - or knew - all about Riverside.

#151 11 years ago

Well, was ACDC fanboys a personal call out? Whatever. I was enjoying this, now it's beyond tired. I know the game is "based" on the movie, I didn't articulate my thoughts well. That's on me. But I do think its lame for anyone to criticise anything they have no direct experience with...and that happens a lot.

As far as the poll is concerned, frankly I'm shocked AV got 35 votes. The game has been out a week and hardly anyone's played it.

#154 11 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

is bruce banner in it?

Not that I've seen or heard. Maybe deeper in the game.

#155 11 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

Holy cow, FamilyArcade (ironic name) is a complete douche.

I do spend a lot of time around pussy... But the only one that needed a douche was....your mamas.

#156 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Not that I've seen or heard. Maybe deeper in the game.

Actually Hulk may make a reference to Banner at the end of a ball or game. If I heard it I only heard it once.

#160 11 years ago

I definitely think the game would be cooler with comic book art - like XMEN. But it works fine as is. The Avengers movie characters are cool, and they look good on the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
16,500 (Firm)
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thefamilyarcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hulk-le-or-acdc-premium?tu=thefamilyarcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.