• ACDC Premium 109 votes
    74%

(Multiple choice - 148 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

300px-Tales_of_Suspense_Vol_1_80.jpg
images-2.jpeg
IMG_1463.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 11 years ago

We won't know for months and months if Avengers is going to be good. I wouldn't buy without a finished code at these prices.

ACDC finished, virtually. Looking like it could be best Stern ever.

I am thinking of forgetting about 2013 titles and going for a ACDC premium.

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Just speculation here, but I would assume they decided they'd rather have full custom speech than movie snippets. I can see this being discussed when Gomez is back at TPF in March, if not addressed directly from him then by Q&A.

Apart from the extra cost of using Avengers voices from the movie, there is no other downside. Throw in movie lines AND some custom quotes. Guessing Avengers license was expensive and way cheaper without sound and music. Not heard actual game yet in the flesh so will reserve judgement. I can say that IM would not be the game it is without those great movie one liners.

#120 11 years ago

Sounds like the consensus is that Avengers pin IS based on the movie BUT it was too expensive to have voices from the movie. And that despite that disappointment, it is still fun to play. If money were no object there would be custom call outs from Robert Downey

#159 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Just play the game. That's what it boils down to. Play the game, and then come and tell me that it immersed you in the Avengers movie experience. Stern may have wanted to make their pin feel like the movie, but they didnt. You don't know that because you haven't played it. You can go on and on about what is and isn't, but the fact is you don't have a clue.
You guys seized on the semantics of my saying, roughly, "how can the pin be based on the movie" when there's hardly any movie in the pin. Overlooking the point of the argument by focusing on the one thing that you can wrap your tiny brains around. That's what a fool does.
How many Avengers pinball players feel that the pin oozes the essence of the movie and puts them right there with the actors in the script? Or instead, do they feel their just playing a cool pinball machine with a super hero theme? For me it's the latter...and that's been my point, however badly I may have mangled it, all long.

Think they should have gone all comic book then, rather than half and half.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hulk-le-or-acdc-premium?tu=shapeshifter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.