Topic poll

“HULK LE”

• HULKE LE 39 votes
    26%
  • ACDC Premium 109 votes
    74%

(Multiple choice - 148 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

300px-Tales_of_Suspense_Vol_1_80.jpg
images-2.jpeg
IMG_1463.JPG

There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Says the guy who thinks Avengers isn't based on the movie.

R u this dense? If you'd stop listening to yourself so much you might actually be able to detect the sarcasm, nuance, subtlety, ridicule and logic in these posts that you clearly don't understand...but feel qualified to argue with nonetheless. But you live in Riverside, so that explains it somewhat, I guess.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

R u this dense? If you'd stop listening to yourself so much you might actually be able to detect the sarcasm, nuance, subtlety, ridicule and logic in these posts that you clearly don't understand...but feel qualified to argue with nonetheless. But you live in Riverside, so that explains it somewhat, I guess.

Stop projecting.

Most people here don't fall for it.

#103 6 years ago

I live in Riverside?

#104 6 years ago

I live in Riverside?

Thanks for proving my point.

#105 6 years ago

Yeah, I know, I'm just your little organ grinding monkey. What is your point actually? That I don't think Avengers is based on the movie? Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?

#106 6 years ago

It's based on the Avengers. Has some pretty pictures of some of the movie actors. But nothing else from he movie. How then could it be based on the movie? Inspired by? Sure. Influenced by? Maybe. But certainly not based on.

#107 6 years ago

Yeah, I know, I'm just your little organ grinding monkey. What is your point actually? That I don't think Avengers is based on the movie? Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?

Yes. Yes I do. So does everyone here but you apparently.

It is entertaining to watch you back track now though.

#108 6 years ago

Right. It has pictures of the actors that played the characters. So obviously there's a relationship. But that's where the relationship ends. No video or audio rips from the movie. No impersonation of the movie actors. In fact, different voices entirely. Many are bitching and moaning that there at no movie scenes or movie voicework....so my statement is somewhat rhetorical. I mean, is it based on the movie when there is nothing from the actual movie associated with the pin except for some photoshopped pictures of the actors? The voices are from the TV productions, right? So does that mean its based on the TV cartoons? Can it be based on both? Why not just say, as I did, that its based on a collection of comic book characters called "The Avengers", and they tied in some different elements from some different iterations of the product.

I'm pretty sure that XMEN was made because of all the movies. But they elected to go with comic book art....no doubt because the actors in XMEN are far less famous and less desirable on the game. Avengers has some of the mos famous, if no best looking, actors in he business. It makes sense to put their pictures all over the game. But it stops there.

If people are going to make such a fuss about how important the voicework is to a game, and to integration with a theme, well, than it stands to follow that Avengers pinball must not be about the movie....because if it were, they'd have video and audio rips from the movie instead of custom dots and cartoon series voicework.

My god, is this so hard to grasp? I really had to literally spell it out (most of it for the second time) for RobT and clearly a few others. But, unlike Robs claim that "most people here don't fall for it", I doubt most people here are as dense as he is.

#109 6 years ago

lol

This just keeps getting better!

#110 6 years ago

Quoted from RobT:Yes. Yes I do. So does everyone here but you apparently.
It is entertaining to watch you back track now though.

Not backtracking bitch. You should make sure that you only wag your finger when your right! It makes you look like an even bigger idiot!

#111 6 years ago

Stay classy!

#112 6 years ago

Where did you move to? SoCal is pretty general. Or are you still in Riverside?

#113 6 years ago

The plot of the movie and the goal of the pinball are the same.

In very simple terms:

Assemble the Avengers Team by going after the Tesseract and Defeating Loki.

#114 6 years ago

I mean, is it based on the movie when there is nothing from the actual movie associated with the pin except for some photoshopped pictures of the actors?

Hmmm lets see....Helicarrier? Check from the Movie. Tesseract? Check in the movie. Some lines Hulk uses in their "Marvel Approved Voice Actors" direct relation to lines in the movie? Check in the movie.

Dude give it a rest.....The longer you keep running your mouth the bigger the Idiot you look like.

#115 6 years ago

It's movie based...they just didn't want to pony up for the real movie quotes. End of story. The impersonators say movie lines, just not really that good apparently. Admit that it is movie based dude, it's as plain as day. What's wrong with it being movie based anyways? It's a great movie.

#116 6 years ago

I know that I'm in the vast minority here, but I'm one of those odd ducks that doesn't like ACDC much from what I have played. Admittedly, I have played the Pro and not the Premium models, but from what everyone has told me I should love it - I love fast games. In the 25 or so games I've played, I keep floating away from it to play whatever else is around instead. It's okay, and maybe some serious time with it would make me really love it, but I just don't get it yet.

Avengers looks to have a really unique layout, which makes me completely unsure of if it will be awesome or awful. I think it could go either way. I'm leaning toward awesome though, as I really like unique stuff.

I also don't like Twilight Zone.

I do like Viper: Night Drivin'. A lot.

We all have different tastes. As others have said, if you can, play both before deciding. It's a big decision to buy either without playing them, and no pin appeals to everyone. If you can't do that, watch some videos and read as many in depth reviews as you can. A few people voting on a message board without fully supported opinions doesn't really inform a decision very well. If it did, I'd probably own a lot less games than what I have now, and I'd probably be a lot less happy with my collection -- I own a *lot* of games that the majority of people think are crap, but I love 'em.

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I know that I'm in the vast minority here, but I'm one of those odd ducks that doesn't like ACDC much from what I have played. Admittedly, I have played the Pro and not the Premium models, but from what everyone has told me I should love it - I love fast games. In the 25 or so games I've played, I keep floating away from it to play whatever else is around instead. It's okay, and maybe some serious time with it would make me really love it, but I just don't get it yet.
Avengers looks to have a really unique layout, which makes me completely unsure of if it will be awesome or awful. I think it could go either way. I'm leaning toward awesome though, as I really like unique stuff.
I also don't like Twilight Zone.
I do like Viper: Night Drivin'. A lot.
We all have different tastes. As others have said, if you can, play both before deciding. It's a big decision to buy either without playing them, and no pin appeals to everyone. If you can't do that, watch some videos and read as many in depth reviews as you can. A few people voting on a message board without fully supported opinions doesn't really inform a decision very well. If it did, I'd probably own a lot less games than what I have now, and I'd probably be a lot less happy with my collection -- I own a *lot* of games that the majority of people think are crap, but I love 'em.

I really disliked the pro
Premium is the way to go imo

#118 6 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

The plot of the movie and the goal of the pinball are the same.
In very simple terms:
Assemble the Avengers Team by going after the Tesseract and Defeating Loki.

That's roughly the theme of the original Avengers comics too - and im guessing cartoons too? Never saw a cartoon. Loki was the first villain. Did a Tesseract exist? Probably. I don't know, I wasn't alive in 1963 when the first Avengers comic came out and haven't come around it.

No one here is grasping the ultimate point Im trying to make, which is you can enjoy the Avengers theme of this pin without vid rips, audio rips or voice impersonations. You dont need movie association to enjoy this pin, and that's a good thing, because there is none.

Say what you want, but I have the pin in my house...and if the actors pictures weren't on the game, you would BARELY be associating the pin with the movie.

Movie/pin strong relationship: IM, yes. LOTR, yes. Avatar, Yes. Avengers? NO.

And Smassa, if you can't wrap your warped skull around that, you're the idiot.

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

It's movie based...they just didn't want to pony up for the real movie quotes. End of story. The impersonators say movie lines, just not really that good apparently. Admit that it is movie based dude, it's as plain as day. What's wrong with it being movie based anyways? It's a great movie.

Ill leave it to other Avengers owners to corroborate what you just said about movie lines being used in the pin. Im not sure about that. I've seen the movie twice and with a couple exceptions, no "non hulk" callouts in the pin have jumped out to me as obviously from the movie. And we all know how much Hulk talks in the movie....he talks non stop here. Maybe when I get deeper into the game ill hear more. This is custom tailored voice work.

Here's an example of a "clever" line from the pin that sounds like it would be in the movie. Hawkeye says "I make any team look good". Is that from the movie? Or is that from a comic book or cartoon? I'd love to know.

And there is nothing wrong with it being movie based. It clearly exists because of the movie. I wanted the actors anyway. But the pin does not seem movie based. I guess you just have to play it to get it. Or maybe I'm an Army of one here. No matter, I play the LE an hour a day and love it. When I grow nostalgic for the early 80's I might even play a little ACDC in the background!

#120 6 years ago

Sounds like the consensus is that Avengers pin IS based on the movie BUT it was too expensive to have voices from the movie. And that despite that disappointment, it is still fun to play. If money were no object there would be custom call outs from Robert Downey

#121 6 years ago

That's roughly the theme of the original Avengers comics too - and im guessing cartoons too? Never saw a cartoon. Loki was the first villain. Did a Tesseract exist? Probably. I don't know, I wasn't alive in 1963 when the first Avengers comic came out and haven't come around it.
No one here is grasping the ultimate point Im trying to make, which is you can enjoy the Avengers theme of this pin without vid rips, audio rips or voice impersonations. You dont need movie association to enjoy this pin, and that's a good thing, because there is none.
Say what you want, but I have the pin in my house...and if the actors pictures weren't on the game, you would BARELY be associating the pin with the movie.

Says the "idiot" who thinks it isn't based in the movie!!! Lol. Hey go play that SM pin that's based on the great old TV show Spider-Man and his amazing friends!!!

What a tool.

#122 6 years ago

I'm sorry if you don't understand my interest in taking this subject to a different level. Mucking around in the wilderness of the obvious is pretty boring. But achieving dialectic with the likes of you is clearly impossible, so I'll stop trying. Question: what would your life be like if you were happy?

#123 6 years ago

I'm sorry if you don't understand my interest in taking this subject to a different level. Mucking around in the wilderness of the obvious is pretty boring. But achieving dialectic with the likes of you is clearly impossible, so I'll stop trying. Question: what would your life be like if you were happy?

Classic....look through this and the other ACDC thread and see who started all the crap. Like I said about 5 times already. OP wanted an opinion on the game and I gave it. You decided to go off after I gave MY OPINION.

Don't like it fine, But you were the one who took it personal.

#124 6 years ago

Sadly, you are correct.

The Tesseract or "Cosmic Cube" was created by The Red Skull to defeat Captain America in WWII. The pinball has nothing to do with the Avengers movie. I mean, how could it? Hulk and Ironman were not even born when The Red Skull created it. This new fact really bums me out because I bought a HULK LE specifically for the direct tie in to the movie. You have proven that the tie in was a mistake on my part. Therefore I formally announce that my HULK LE is now for sale. I cannot live with a lie.

Anyone interested should PM me.

*hangs head - pushes the keyboard away*

300px-Tales_of_Suspense_Vol_1_80.jpg

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Classic....look through this and the other ACDC thread and see who started all the crap. Like I said about 5 times already. OP wanted an opinion on the game and I gave it. You decided to go off after I gave MY OPINION.
Don't like it fine, But you were the one who took it personal.

Your opinion is worthless unless you've played the game. Duh.

#126 6 years ago

...and if the actors pictures weren't on the game, you would BARELY be associating the pin with the movie.

Exactly...but they are.

#127 6 years ago

Associate away. The pictures are very nice. Especially the one of RDjr....oh wait, there isn't one.

#128 6 years ago

Your opinion is worthless unless you've played the game. Duh.

I need to play it to express frustrations that they continue to use voice actors and don't use material from the movie? Gimme a break.

#129 6 years ago

Anyway AC/DC is not very friendly. One bad shot and the ball is gone. Rigged. Without playing Hulk I can only imagine it would be easier. I don't think you'll get any experience better than multiball during a song by the mighty Acka?

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Go back and watch the gameplay video more closely and then you'll see why it isn't the winner.

If your only opinion was on the voice work you'd have a point....but this is your first comment in the thread. Basically saying Hulk is the loser because you watched it on video and could tell.

Gimme a break.

#131 6 years ago

Associate away. The pictures are very nice. Especially the one of RDjr....oh wait, there isn't one.

Wow if that's the case I guess Stern's Iron Man was based on the comics too. I mean shit there isn't one pic of RDJ anywhere on the game!!!

#132 6 years ago

There's video of him and voice work in IM. Nice try.

#133 6 years ago

By the way...is the movie or is the movie not based on the comic books? It's ALL ultimately based on the comic books you dolt!

#134 6 years ago

By the way...is the movie or is the movie not based on the comic books? It's ALL ultimately based on the comic books you dolt!

Nice back tracking Mensa

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Nice back tracking Mensa

lol

I've been very entertained by his backtracking! It just keeps getting better.

I think this is the part where he comes in and says "not backtracking bitch" again.

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Nice back tracking Mensa

Huh? No back tracking. What I've said all along. Pin based on movie. Movie based on comic books. Pin based on comic books. That's called deductive reasoning or the transitive property of youre an idiot.

#137 6 years ago

Bazinga!!!

#138 6 years ago

Huh? No back tracking. What I've said all along. Pin based on movie. Movie based on comic books. Pin based on comic books. That's called deductive reasoning or the transitive property of youre an idiot.

Speaking of idiots!

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

lol
I've been very entertained by his backtracking! It just keeps getting better.
I think this is the part where he comes in and says "not backtracking bitch" again.

Where is the backtracking? Somebody prove to me how voicework from the cartoon voices doesn't make the pin just as easily "themed" on the cartoons as the movie? They used movie pictures and cartoon voicings and original custom dots. ALL base on comic book characters. That's the one true pedigree. Everything else is mental masturbation. Or maybe just Ordinary masturbation for you and Smassa where brain cells don't really factor in.

#140 6 years ago

ROFLMAO!

#141 6 years ago

Dude go see your doctor....time to up the dosage on the Med's!!! You were the one who started with the personal attack & started in with others about where they live. Seriously??? Grow up or GTFO. Doubt anyone would miss your abusive attitude.

#142 6 years ago

You don't live that far from Stern. Just take a trip over there and play both. I'm sure some one would let you try them out.

#143 6 years ago

Where is the backtracking? Somebody prove to me how voicework from the cartoon voices doesn't make the pin just as easily "themed" on the cartoons as the movie? They used movie pictures and cartoon voicings and original custom dots. ALL base on comic book characters. That's the one true pedigree. Everything else is mental masturbation. Or maybe just Ordinary masturbation for you and Smassa where brain cells don't really factor in.

Maybe double the dosage???

#144 6 years ago

That's called deductive reasoning

#145 6 years ago

Just play the game. That's what it boils down to. Play the game, and then come and tell me that it immersed you in the Avengers movie experience. Stern may have wanted to make their pin feel like the movie, but they didnt. You don't know that because you haven't played it. You can go on and on about what is and isn't, but the fact is you don't have a clue.

You guys seized on the semantics of my saying, roughly, "how can the pin be based on the movie" when there's hardly any movie in the pin. Overlooking the point of the argument by focusing on the one thing that you can wrap your tiny brains around. That's what a fool does.

How many Avengers pinball players feel that the pin oozes the essence of the movie and puts them right there with the actors in the script? Or instead, do they feel their just playing a cool pinball machine with a super hero theme? For me it's the latter...and that's been my point, however badly I may have mangled it, all long.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Dude go see your doctor....time to up the dosage on the Med's!!! You were the one who started with the personal attack & started in with others about where they live. Seriously??? Grow up or GTFO. Doubt anyone would miss your abusive attitude.

Um, you guys started with the the condescension and the implication that i was "butt hurt" and a boob. Not me. So lets not get on our high horse, shall we? And go back and read the thread. Yes, my comment on the movie was SARCASM. But sarcasm dipped in some very valid points. That's why I said you guys were dense....but you couldn't grasp it.

And Mr. Riverside has routinely gotten in arguments with people for as long as I've been on here and id venture that more of his karma points are fights with people then mine.

#147 6 years ago

And I wasn't asking where Rob lived so I could stalk him, if that's what your implying? He changed his designation during this thread. I was curious why he stopped flying his Riverside flag. Having grown up in SoCal, I know - or knew - all about Riverside.

#148 6 years ago

Um, you guys started with the the condescension and the implication that i was "butt hurt" and a boob. Not me. So lets not get on our high horse, shall we? And go back and read the thread. Yes, my comment on the movie was SARCASM. But sarcasm dipped in some very valid points. That's why I said you guys were dense....but you couldn't grasp it.
And Mr. Riverside has routinely gotten in arguments with people for as long as I've been on here and id venture that more of his karma points are fights with people then mine.

Sorry you Imediately went to the "ACDC Fan Boys" comment when all anyone was doing was expressing dissappointment with the voice work.

Let me ask you this, Its a poll correct? People are free to give their input and some arent going to agree with you. I'm sorry if that bothers you cause you just bought a new pin & dont want to ready anything negative about you new purchase.

PS.....the poll is in favor of ACDC 107 to 35.......Suck on that!!! ......J/K......Hope you enjoy your new game & they work out whatever kinks there are in the Hulk area.

#149 6 years ago

anyone for sarcasm? dipped in valid points? I'll take two!

#150 6 years ago

Holy cow word war in my post... I'm gonna get both calm down lol. For the record sure looks like based on movie to me... Fight between characters check, Tesseract check, Pictures of people from movie check, Loki as the main villian check. As long as the voices are close I don't care really. Can't say its not based on a movie when their mugs are plastered all over the playfield. They could have easily made them animated characters like XMEN I dont see Hugh Jackmans face plastered on XMEN.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manchester, NH
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside