• ACDC Premium 109 votes
    74%

(Multiple choice - 148 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

300px-Tales_of_Suspense_Vol_1_80.jpg
images-2.jpeg
IMG_1463.JPG
There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 11 years ago

Easy pick,not because avengers sucks, but because acdc premium is the most fun to play pinball ever made.

So, even avengers lost this heads up, it still can be a great pin.

I think its mediocre.

#52 11 years ago

acdc premium fo sho!!

#53 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Well, I've played it. And it rocks. And a lot of people are going to start saying the same thing. And some - SHOCKER - are going to say its better than ACDC. I won't say that, because until I have ACDC in my basement it wouldn't be fair. Yet. But I've played plenty of ACDC....and I don't enjoy it as much as Avengers....or Spider-Man for that matter.

Just off the voices alone it seems they dropped the ball. Why has a pin off a movie if you aren't going to use call outs from said movie. They didn't use a cover band for the music in ACDC did they? Sorry to me that is a major negative avengers has going for it already.

#54 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Just off the voices alone it seems they dropped the ball. Why has a pin off a movie if you aren't going to use call outs from said movie. They didn't use a cover band for the music in ACDC did they? Sorry to me that is a major negative Avengers has going for it already.

Believe me when I say this, the callouts in Avengers are much better than SM, and I own both (regardless of whether they are from the movie or not).

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Believe me when I say this, the callouts in Avengers are much better than SM, and I own both (regardless of whether they are from the movie or not).

I guess I'll wait till I see it in person. But SM has custom work from an actual actor in the 3 films that to me was done quite well. The other voice work direct from the movies was well Integrated also.

From those that have aged avengers, is there any voice work at all direct from the movie???

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

my 5 year old son LOVES ACDC. The train and the bell will be big hits with both your kids.

I updated code and noticed the bell no longer rings, how does your does your sound? It now rings in the hell playfield. Also the ball stays stuck on the bell longer when it also used to not do this. You are the only other person I know somehwta close who has one, what does your ACDC pin do. Cant remember if it had new code or not.

Thanks
Buddy

#57 11 years ago

ACDC Fanboys. So eager to hate on what they haven't played. So eager to say a firepower play field layout with ramps and a cannon is soooooo cool. Oh but the rules!!! Lyman....LYman!...LYMAN!!! Oh!!!

Gimme a break. It's pinball not Tolstoy. Avengers kicks ass. I don't care if ACDC sucks or not... I have never felt inclined to neg a machine...or gush (LYMAN!!! Ohhhhhh!). But Ill say what i like and I will defend an unfairly maligned machine....and I'll certainly call BS on anyone knocking a game or rendering an opinion on gameplay or enjoyment or comparing it (!!) without playing it.

Avengers is what pinball is all about. It's fresh, it's fun. So far so good. So very very good. Definitely feel lucky to be among the first to play it. And beyond thrilled that my first NIB is a winner and not a dog.

#58 11 years ago

ACDC Fanboys. So eager to hate on what they haven't played. So eager to say a firepower play field layout with ramps and a cannon is soooooo cool. Oh but the rules!!! Lyman....LYman!...LYMAN!!! Oh!!!
Gimme a break. It's pinball not Tolstoy. Avengers kicks ass. I don't care if ACDC sucks or not... I have never felt inclined to neg a machine...or gush (LYMAN!!! Ohhhhhh!). But Ill say what i like and I will defend an unfairly maligned machine....and I'll certainly call BS on anyone knocking a game or rendering an opinion on gameplay or enjoyment or comparing it (!!) without playing it.
Avengers is what pinball is all about. It's fresh, it's fun. So far so good. So very very good. Definitely feel lucky to be among the first to play it. And beyond thrilled that my first NIB is a winner and not a dog.

Lol sounds like someone need to relax a little. He asked why would you choose one over the other and we gave our opinions. Don't get all butt hurt cause the poll isn't leaning the way of the game you just bought. You still didn't address what me and others have critiqued about avengers with their "marvel approved voice actors". Why the hell couldn't Stern get the voices from the movie???

#59 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Why the hell couldn't Stern get the voices from the movie???

Talking with Gomez earlier this year at TPF, he understands everyone wants original voice actors. They do to. But they can't always get that, it's not under their control. I think we always assume they just don't get it, but they do, they're on the same page. So I think your choices are sound-alikes, approved voice actors, or out-of-context movie quotes (which can be good but are pretty limited). I can see in Avengers with these "vs" modes and the talky Hulk that custom speech was a must, and since there was no way that was going to happen with the movie actors, we get this. The weird thing is just the disconnect between the movie actors depictions and someone else's voices. Looking forward to playing this myself, just have the videos to go on for now.

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Talking with Gomez earlier this year at TPF, he understands everyone wants original voice actors. They do to. But they can't always get that, it's not under their control. I think we always assume they just don't get it, but they do, they're on the same page. So I think your choices are sound-alikes, approved voice actors, or out-of-context movie quotes (which can be good but are pretty limited). I can see in Avengers with these "vs" modes and the talky Hulk that custom speech was a must, and since there was no way that was going to happen with the movie actors, we get this. The weird thing is just the disconnect between the movie actors depictions and someone else's voices. Looking forward to playing this myself, just have the videos to go on for now.

Why wouldnt Stern negotiate this with every license when it comes to movie pins? Its obvious that Marvel is open to it since both SM & IM all had direct from the movie sound bites. So is it an example of Stern not wanting to pony up the extra money to use all assets from the movie?

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Why wouldnt Stern negotiate this with every license when it comes to movie pins? Its obvious that Marvel is open to it since both SM & IM all had direct from the movie sound bites. So is it an example of Stern not wanting to pony up the extra money to use all assets from the movie?

Just speculation here, but I would assume they decided they'd rather have full custom speech than movie snippets. I can see this being discussed when Gomez is back at TPF in March, if not addressed directly from him then by Q&A.

#62 11 years ago

AC/DC is the clear choice here.

#63 11 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

AC/DC is the clear choice here.

Crystal clear.

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Just speculation here, but I would assume they decided they'd rather have full custom speech than movie snippets. I can see this being discussed when Gomez is back at TPF in March, if not addressed directly from him then by Q&A.

Apart from the extra cost of using Avengers voices from the movie, there is no other downside. Throw in movie lines AND some custom quotes. Guessing Avengers license was expensive and way cheaper without sound and music. Not heard actual game yet in the flesh so will reserve judgement. I can say that IM would not be the game it is without those great movie one liners.

#65 11 years ago

Code updates could include new call outs, however spidey is right, full custom speech what's wrong with that? If that's a bad thing.......then.......no wonder stern has no interest in doing a full custom theme

#66 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Lol sounds like someone need to relax a little. He asked why would you choose one over the other and we gave our opinions. Don't get all butt hurt cause the poll isn't leaning the way of the game you just bought. You still didn't address what me and others have critiqued about Avengers with their "marvel approved voice actors". Why the hell couldn't Stern get the voices from the movie???

How the hell should I know? Why did Steve Ritchie have to voice over his own game, why isn't the REAL Devil doing it? Or Angus Young?

The only two voices that matter 2 shits are Sam Jackson and RDjr. And those two actors just happen to be among the most famous on the planet. RDjr is probably the hardest actor to get for anything right now. You notice his likeness/face is not used, just IMs....which makes sense, because RDjr isn't an Avenger (news flash, they're made up) he's an actor.

Using real actors voices actually dates the machine, and can associate unintentionally with other movies. Remember, RDjr was a dick sucking dope head in less than zero....maybe I don't want that guys voice on my game! Lol.

Look, it would have been great to have Sam Jackson and Downey on the game. They're not. Oh well. It doesn't make the game any less fun, believe me. The black widow voice is sexy as hell. Better than SJ, who never sounds sexy, just looks sexy. You take the good with the bad. But hey, keep looking at the cloud instead of the silver lining. I hear that's one of the seven traits of highly miserable people.

#67 11 years ago

How the hell should I know? Why did Steve Ritchie have to voice over his own game, why isn't the REAL Devil doing it? Or Angus Young?

Seriously??

#68 11 years ago

Using real actors voices actually dates the machine, and can associate unintentionally with other movies. Remember, RDjr was a dick sucking dope head in less than zero....maybe I don't want that guys voice on my game! Lol.

The game is based on he movie...its there for dated. Going with lame voice over actors just makes it that much worse. Its ok we get it, you bought the game & cant stand anyone who has anything negative to say about what they did.

#69 11 years ago

I just think all the sexual aspects and devil horns and flames
Are just not for my kids,never brings that game home.
I have played it

#70 11 years ago

I love my ACDC Premium. I haven't played Avengers. Hulk is a very nice looking game. You wont likely regret either choice.

#71 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

The game is based on he movie...its there for dated. Going with lame voice over actors just makes it that much worse. Its ok we get it, you bought the game & cant stand anyone who has anything negative to say about what they did.

No, I can't stand any ignoramus who complains about something they have no direct experience with. Neg the game all you want. Just play it first. I'm a big boy. I won't care at all if you don't like my game.

#72 11 years ago

Btw, the game clearly isn't based on the movie, or they'd have movie clips and voice impersonators.

#73 11 years ago

So I was playing TAF the other day....

images-2.jpegimages-2.jpeg

#74 11 years ago

Btw, the game clearly isn't based on the movie, or they'd have movie clips and voice impersonators.

I don't know if your being sarcastic or just not very smart. Look at all the images on the playfield and tell me its not based on the movie. Dude are you serious???

#75 11 years ago

No, I can't stand any ignoramus who complains about something they have no direct experience with. Neg the game all you want. Just play it first. I'm a big boy. I won't care at all if you don't like my game.

News flash buddy....someone else made the pool not you. He asked for an opinion and I gave mine as to what I didn't like about it.

#76 11 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

So I was playing TAF the other day....

Btw very nice Nimble.....sorry some others can't take a lil criticism without getting all butt hurt.

#77 11 years ago

As I asked in another thread: are you a boob?

#79 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I don't know if your being sarcastic or just not very smart. Look at all the images on the playfield and tell me its not based on the movie. Dude are you serious???

It's based on the Avengers. Has some pretty pictures of some of the movie actors. But nothing else from he movie. How then could it be based on the movie? Inspired by? Sure. Influenced by? Maybe. But certainly not based on.

#80 11 years ago

It's based on the Avengers. Has some pretty pictures of some of the movie actors. But nothing else from he movie. How then could it be based on the movie? Inspired by? Sure. Influenced by? Maybe. But certainly not based on.

LOL....Dude your sooo clueless

#81 11 years ago

Nel, you know i love ya, but its based on the movie...

just pretty much everything else isnt that they put in there...

As sad as that is !

On a positive note, looks like with any luck, i will see mine on friday...

So i can get right to work fixing all the F'ed up stuff on it they shoulda handled at the facorty..

#82 11 years ago

Ok, and XMEN is "based" on the comic book, right? Because there has been an overwhelming fad in the country now, if not the world, and every one is buying XMEN comics. I myself have an xmen comic club, and we meet every week to discuss a different comic. The theme, plot, character development, etc. Clearly XMEN comics are why Stern released an XMEN Pinbsll machine, and it has NOTHING to do with the 5 or 50 (can't keep up) XMEN movies out there...

Right. Look, Einsteins, OBVIOUSLY they made the Avengers pin because of the hype and success of the movie. Just like XMEN...but because XMEN has comic book art and custom dots and no name voices its NOT based on the movie? Right. The only difference - conceptually - with Avengers is that they actually used the movie images..except for RDjr. Probably because they're better looking and WAY bigger stars with broader appeal and recognition (Shia Laboef....uh-huh).... But hardly anything else in the game is from the movie....but it's "based" on the movie? Ok, have it your way. Guess what, who cares? The game stands on its own either way...and it's soooooo not important. If your telling me you only bought it because of the movie then you'd better sell it....you're gong to b disappointed.

My point is and remains: if you like the Avengers theme and you love pinball, you will not be disappointed. How hard is that? Of course we have people criticising the game because of voices and callous they haven't heard...and it doesn't take a boob to know that's LAME!

But haha, I'm the one playing it bitches! Bitch away! Bitch Bitch Bitch! Bitches!! Bwahahahaha!!

#83 11 years ago

Oh, and merry Christmas! It certainly is for those playing Avengers!

#84 11 years ago

How can you say "nope" and then proceed to post this hilarity?

#85 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

How can you say "nope" and then proceed to post this hilarity?

Because you wouldn't know a boob if he tweaked your nose.

#86 11 years ago

Hey WOZ certainly isn't based on the movie. It has images on the side art, playfield, LCD, music cues from,etc., but they certainly didn't use voice actors. Can't bee based on the movie... /sarc (I think)

#87 11 years ago

Man, I'm really starting to love this forums "ignore" feature.

#88 11 years ago

Because you wouldn't know a boob if he tweaked your nose.

You've done more than enough tweaking in this and many other threads to make it clear who the boob is.

Do you post anything helpful or interesting? I don't recall seeing it.

Just sayin'.

#89 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You've done more than enough tweaking in this and many other threads to make it clear who the boob is.
Just sayin'.

I think we need to give him a bit of a break....I mean anyone with a TF & CSI in a small collection might have some issues only a trained professional could help.

Its all good Family Arcade....Go play some Spidey & enjoy your Xmas.

#90 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I think we need to give him a bit of a break....I mean anyone with a TF & CSI in a small collection might have some issues only a trained professional could help.
Its all good Family Arcade....Go play some Spidey & enjoy your Xmas.

Oh, I know it's all good. I don't need you and Rob to help me with that. You see, you're just showing your colours again. Just very jusgemental about games and clearly what YOU like and what YOU own is THE BEST(!!) because....well because it is! And you just can't believe people can have alternative opinions when it comes down to what you think. BUT you really enjoy questioning and doubting and criticizing games you haven't played or dont own or don't want. Uh-huh. And my collection is "bigger than yours" so look who's talking.

#91 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Just sayin'.

Yes! I posted that Avengers is better than ACDC! And might be the best pin ever! And how is that different or less valuable than the 50,000 karma points you've collected blabbing unsolicited about the games YOU feel are the BEST EVER! And that ARE NEVER LEAVING! And that you would never sell for 5 figures Etc. ad nauseum, yada yada, yawn. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.........

#92 11 years ago

Yes! I posted that Avengers is better than ACDC! And might be the best pin ever!

I think many comments on this forum could be avoided if you were to simply say: "In my opinion..." first.
There's no way in Hell that Avengers will go down in history as the best Pinball to date.
It may well be YOUR favourite pin ever though. And there's nothing wrong with that but in the immortal words of Tom Cruise (from Top Gun):

"Your mouth's writing cheques your body can't cash."

I hope you're having fun with your new pin. The most fun e-v-e-r. lol

#93 11 years ago

You somehow missed my heavy sarcasm. Just making a point....in a thread littered with authoritative opinions from people with no authority.

#94 11 years ago

Two points:

1. Avengers IS based on the movie.

2. ACDC is a masterpiece.

#95 11 years ago

You somehow missed my heavy sarcasm. Just making a point....in a thread littered with authoritative opinions from people with no authority.

Well this site is littered with opinions but that's kinda the point of a forum. We get it, you like avengers but no amount of pissing and moaning is gonna change the opinion of people that like ACDC.

#96 11 years ago

Oh, I know it's all good. I don't need you and Rob to help me with that. You see, you're just showing your colours again. Just very jusgemental about games and clearly what YOU like and what YOU own is THE BEST(!!) because....well because it is! And you just can't believe people can have alternative opinions when it comes down to what you think. BUT you really enjoy questioning and doubting and criticizing games you haven't played or dont own or don't want. Uh-huh. And my collection is "bigger than yours" so look who's talking.

Dude it was a joke...hence the little smiley. I only have 5 games too....dont need the big double digit collection over here. Whatever though enjoy whatever it is you enjoy. Not worth my time going back n forth with you anymore.

#97 11 years ago

Buy AC/DC now....then revisit AV in 6 months and trade for it if you like it.

#98 11 years ago

Yes! I posted that Avengers is better than ACDC! And might be the best pin ever! And how is that different or less valuable than the 50,000 karma points you've collected blabbing unsolicited about the games YOU feel are the BEST EVER! And that ARE NEVER LEAVING! And that you would never sell for 5 figures Etc. ad nauseum, yada yada, yawn. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.........

Says the guy who thinks Avengers isn't based on the movie.

#99 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I guess it must be based on the Justice League of America!!! Just ignore all the pics on the playfield. (:

#100 11 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yeah oddly enough the custom pin Bill Paxton is not based on Bill Paxton its based on Tom Cruise.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hulk-le-or-acdc-premium/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.