Topic poll

“HULK LE”

• HULKE LE 39 votes
    26%
  • ACDC Premium 109 votes
    74%

(Multiple choice - 148 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

300px-Tales_of_Suspense_Vol_1_80.jpg
images-2.jpeg
IMG_1463.JPG

There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 6 years ago

After seeing the video of game play on the Pro I'm having doubts... I was getting this pin mainly for the family and wanted something that I thought would at least mostly retain its value (not profit simply not be a huge loss) Iron mans voice is the only one I think sounds horrible maybe just not great recording? I can see why they made a HULK le only since it seems LOKI and HULK are the main voices. I thought Hawkeyes was decent. I've got my order in for the HULK but can change to a ACDC thoughts? The ball getting stuck on Hulk seems to be pretty darn frequent. Kids are 6 and 11 though so maybe ACDC might be to complex?

Anyone think that the LE would play much different than the pro? That Widow ramp looked brutal.

#2 6 years ago

ACDC, it's a no brainer for me. I dunno, I was slightly interested in Avengers, but I'm not feeling it after watching some videos. Of course playing it could change my mind, but it doesn't matter because I already know ACDC is a great pin.

#3 6 years ago

AC/DC! Those kids will be jumping around and dancing to the high energy fun!!!

#4 6 years ago

my 5 year old son LOVES ACDC. The train and the bell will be big hits with both your kids.

#5 6 years ago

you can't choose a game when you havn't played one of them. Never ever buy a game, without playing the living shit out of it first hand. Biggest mistake newbs do.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you can't choose a game when you havn't played one of them. Never ever buy a game, without playing the living shit out of it first hand. Biggest mistake newbs do.

Except for AC/DC Premium. It's OK to just buy it. Happiness follows.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

FACT!

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

He's right you know. My first game was here at home on the new machine.
Pretty F'n awesome.

#9 6 years ago

no game appeals to everyone. Always play everything first. there are plenty at people's houses and on location, it isn't hard to put some time on something first. Both titles will be around for awhile so take your time.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

no game appeals to everyone.

Except AC/DC.

#12 6 years ago

AC/DC BEST GAME EVER

#13 6 years ago

Even AC/DC has it's haters. Hell if TZ can have haters, every game can have it. I like AC/DC. But i'm a fan of the band as well. Not a big fan of "fan" pattern games, but this one is alright. I like LOTR and TF little more tho.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Even AC/DC has it's haters. Hell if TZ can have haters, every game can have it. I like AC/DC. But i'm a fan of the band as well. Not a big fan of "fan" pattern games, but this one is alright. I like LOTR and TF little more tho.

I don't hate it, but I have no desire to own one. I have a lot of time on the Pro and find it to be OK, but nothing special. I am still trying to find a Premium or LE in my area. I'd like to see Silverball Museum pick one up.

That said, I'd like a TZ in every room of my home.

#15 6 years ago

I have an ACDC premium and a Hulk LE coming. If I was buying one pin, it would be the sure thing, I'd get an ACDC. My only regret is not get a BiB.

#16 6 years ago

Some friendly advice might be to think of possible exit strategies. Will it be easier to trade an AC/DC Pro for a Hulk LE down the road, or to trade a Hulk LE for an AC/DC Pro? Looking solely at supply issues, the latter might be the right answer. Regardless, either way you win!

#17 6 years ago

AC/DC premium all the way!!!!
(This endorsement coming from a "non" AC/DC music fan BTW...)
It's really THAT good!

#18 6 years ago

Thanks Mr Moose but ill be looking for a ACDC premium. If hulk takes the same plunge xmen did ill be paying up to 2500 more to make that switch later.

Curious for those who have ordered a Hulk how are you feeling?

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from bouncerclub:

Thanks Mr Moose but ill be looking for a ACDC premium. If hulk takes the same plunge xmen did ill be paying up to 2500 more to make that switch later.
Curious for those who have ordered a Hulk how are you feeling?

I ordered Hulk and I feel optimistic that the bugs will get worked out and It will play different than the pro ... ala ... ACDC pro & premium.

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

AC/DC BEST GAME EVER</blockquote

For sure best game ever in the last 10 years!

#21 6 years ago

Acdc is a fantastic game, can't go wrong and it's less expensive.

#22 6 years ago

ACDC proven (and I own one)
Hulk - crap shoot (and I have one on order)

If I could only have one I would order acdc let them work out the bugs on Avengers and revisit it in 8 months. Hulks will be harder to find but the Avengers LE and Prem will be all over the place.

#23 6 years ago

Well after the recent videos i feel better gonna keep the Hulk LE and take my chances figure ill just by the ACDC premium in 6 months or so.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from bouncerclub:

Well after the recent videos i feel better gonna keep the Hulk LE and take my chances figure ill just by the ACDC premium in 6 months or so.

good choice! even tho Hulk got out voted 5 to 1

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from bouncerclub:

Funny what 24 hours can do! Avengers went from zero to hero. Looks fun.

#26 6 years ago

LOL yeah i know but that was before the new videos too in all fairness frankly up until George posted that video last night I pretty much decided to take the for sure route. But come to find out theres no chance i could have gotten ACDC before Christmas from who i have my money in with anyway. Being that its unique and a big part of my kids Christmas present that just wouldn't have worked very well. Mr Moose had a good point too in theory if I dont like it someone could trade me later theres alot more ACDC than Hulks.

#27 6 years ago

I am surprised the Hulk LE is not the winner. It will be in real life. Only 250 will be buily that less than Black in Black and as we know its a real winner. I have an Avengers LE for sale 6900 new in box ready for Christmas pickup here in Norton Va. Come play the all new Hulk LE and ECWOZLE right here now.

Welcome to the Hulk club, glad we are in it together. I have number 91

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

I am surprised the Hulk LE is not the winner. It will be in real life. Only 250 will be buily that less than Black in Black and as we know its a real winner. I have an Avengers LE for sale 6900 new in box ready for Christmas pickup here in Norton Va. Come play the all new Hulk LE and ECWOZLE right here now.
Welcome to the Hulk club, glad we are in it together. I have number 91

Go back and watch the gameplay video more closely and then you'll see why it isn't the winner.

#29 6 years ago

you don't need to see the video, playfield snapshot already gives it a frowny face. No thank you.

#30 6 years ago

We won't know for months and months if Avengers is going to be good. I wouldn't buy without a finished code at these prices.

ACDC finished, virtually. Looking like it could be best Stern ever.

I am thinking of forgetting about 2013 titles and going for a ACDC premium.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

We won't know for months and months if Avengers is going to be good. I wouldn't buy without a finished code at these prices.

I had already owned an AC/DC, which I sold before the software update (1.6) was coming up. Still I DO think, that the layout (and artwork) of the AC/DC Premium/LE is by far not best of class.

But I cancelled my order for the Hulk to order an AC/DC (again) after playing some rounds ar a friend of mine. With the current package (light show, sound and gameplay) the AC/DC is really my first choice ... at this time.

The Avengers layout looks promising, I will keep an eye on it.

#32 6 years ago

AC/DC! Those kids will be jumping around and dancing to the high energy fun!!!

This is exactly what my five year-old does. Though she does say "hell" a lot more than she used to...

IMG_1463.JPG

#33 6 years ago

Just looking at that AC/DC pic makes me want to play mine! Look how drab other pins look next to it-such a stunning machine. I've had to be careful where to put AC/DC because it drowns out older pins.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Ninefingers:

Just looking at that AC/DC pic makes me want to play mine! Look how drab other pins look next to it-such a stunning machine. I've had to be careful where to put AC/DC because it drowns out older pins.

I know. I'm now considering LED conversions for the older pins.

#35 6 years ago

ACDC is rock !!

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

I know. I'm now considering LED conversions for the older pins.

I have, the only one I didn't was LOTR.. just didn't look right. Nice line-up btw.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from krupa:

This is exactly what my five year-old does. Though she does say "hell" a lot more than she used to...

Nice picture.
Kids really seem to like AC/DC. My boys really like it.
It seems to really appeal to women also and for course we like it. win win.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

Nice picture.
Kids really seem to like AC/DC. My boys really like it.
It seems to really appeal to women also and for course we like it. win win.

We had our annual Christmas party last weekend and there were lines to play it. Never had that happen before. People love this game.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I agree and just ordered my AC/DC premium from the next run today. Its pretty obvious that Avengers is not getting anywhere near the interest on the forums that Xmen did. Its nice, but not worth the new increased prices. Xmen LE is a great playing game and a challenge. The new code update will take care of the ruleset issues that have disappointed so many people.

#40 6 years ago

I'm gonna say AC/DC Premium. My wife and I played both today. Hulk LE and BIBLE. I asked her as we were going home which she liked and without a doubt it was AC/DC. I have to agree also!!!

#41 6 years ago

I think it's a lot closer than anyone imagined.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I think it's a lot closer than anyone imagined.

I respect your opinion just dont agree with it. Hard to make a decision without playing Avengers but from what i've heard & seen in videos nothing looks that great about it.

#43 6 years ago

Avengers isn't in the same galaxy as ACDC

#44 6 years ago

go the proven route.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

go the proven route.

My thoughs exactly. We are comparing a machine we know (and love for most of us) with one unknown / unplayed. Could be great as well but if you want a machine right now, I would not take the risk.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

I respect your opinion just dont agree with it. Hard to make a decision without playing Avengers but from what i've heard & seen in videos nothing looks that great about it.

Well, I've played it. And it rocks. And a lot of people are going to start saying the same thing. And some - SHOCKER - are going to say its better than ACDC. I won't say that, because until I have ACDC in my basement it wouldn't be fair. Yet. But I've played plenty of ACDC....and I don't enjoy it as much as Avengers....or Spider-Man for that matter.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Avengers isn't in the same galaxy as ACDC

It's really not fair to claim that Avengers is already that much better than ACDC. But tell me why you think so? Which one did you buy? Or where have you been playing it?

#48 6 years ago

I presently choose AC / DC, Will wait for update of AVENGERS ... to choose!
His days if I play more with AVENGERS!
Time will tell ...

#49 6 years ago

Avengers definitley wins out in terms of shot layout and being original. ACDC is same old stuff we are used to ramps are in the same locations as like 20 other titles. It is the softwrae that makes acdc so special. I really think that avengers is one of those titles that you only see come along once in a blue moon ala LOTR and MM. BUt in order to get it to that status; LYMAN has got to beef up the softwrae and put it over the top

#50 6 years ago

I am not sure how anyone can really say, most have not played avengers yet, and if you have one, have you played it enough to know? At this point we all have to pick AC/DC really. But a month from now that could change (also might not change)

My vote- too early to answer

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 160 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside