Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Elvis_posts_003.jpg
Hulk_Bridge_Bumper.jpg
hulk_bridge_up.jpeg
hulk_bridge_down.jpeg

#1 11 years ago

ball drops thru hole created when hulk raises the bridge. when bridge goes up, a larger hole is created where hinge is...ball drops down into case/wiring. happening repeatedly. actually lost a ball tonight...or maybe i get points when i find the ball...?

#2 11 years ago

"Hulk Wonder where little metal ball went?"

#3 11 years ago

"Hulk wonder why owner playin AC/DC more?"

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from 35mm:

"Hulk wonder why owner playin AC/DC more?"

Rofl... Can you take a picture of where its falling out.. I wanna help get hulk back to more play time!

#5 11 years ago

2 pics...
bridge down - u see the white plastic piece
bridge up - white piece goes away creating hole for ball to fall thru

hulk_bridge_down.jpeghulk_bridge_down.jpeg hulk_bridge_up.jpeghulk_bridge_up.jpeg

#6 11 years ago

Hmmmm

#7 11 years ago

More proof that Stern doesn't take the time to test their machine in length (I know I'm not surprising anyone).

This is probably a bigger mess up than the pro, where the inserts disappear into the left orbit for no good reason.

#8 11 years ago

Haven't heard anyone else having this issue. I'll check mine tomorrow.

#9 11 years ago

hulk is so strong he hits it over the black rubber band barrier. doesn't know his own strength i guess.

#10 11 years ago

Mine did it once during a Hulk multiball.
Hulk say smash ball through playfield and into bottom of cabinet

I think the remedy is to put another 2-1/2" rubber ring under the existing ring.

#11 11 years ago

Kinda funny as long as it can be corrected. Funny as in hulk winning that particular game .

#12 11 years ago

I can't reproduce this problem. Doubtful its a problem with every machine. I'll take a look at mine tonight.

#13 11 years ago

What is happening is that Hulk will literally hit the ball into and over/under the rubber ring. My rubber ring is wearing where it is happening. I have only had the ball fall through once, and I will be trying the double ring solution at some point.

#14 11 years ago

thxs, that might work
will ask my retailer
it's happened 5 times tonight
ball also gets stuck behind hulk's right hand a lot

other than that, it's an interesting machine
combination of frustration and glee
if that makes sense

u play hulk and then walk over to ac/dc, and it seems easier
like putting with a 6 inch wide hole
ramps seem really wide, easy to hit suddenly

if u can hit the ramps in hulk in succession, i don't wanna play against u
thxs again

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

My rubber ring is wearing where it is happening.

mine too
just noticed that when u mentioned it

#16 11 years ago

I posted this a long time ago,double ring is the fix

1 week later
#17 11 years ago

Just set up Hulk 194. It looks like Stern addressed this issue with 2 posts attached to the plastic.

Hulk_Bridge_Bumper.jpgHulk_Bridge_Bumper.jpg

#18 11 years ago

Your lucky then . Hope mine is fixed when it gets here

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

Just set up Hulk 194. It looks like Stern addressed this issue with 2 posts attached to the plastic.

Interesting. I put a second rubber on mine and that seems to have solved that problem as well. I only had the ball get behind the rubber 2 or 3 times before I added the second rubber.

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

More proof that Stern doesn't take the time to test their machine in length (I know I'm not surprising anyone).

and i'm sure, if they simply ask (...) they'll get lots of guys available for testing a new machine a whole day, for free !

and even, "day" may become "weeks" for some of us

#21 11 years ago

on CV we had the famous ball dropping to the bottom of the cabinet on the protos thru the RM mech, it was a big deal.....we should start a new thread of the more egregious ball hangers! Jpop

#22 11 years ago

Well it seems you can drill two holes in your plastic or buy three double-ring posts. I know which one I would prefer. Though I bet Stern would send you a new modified plastic if you called them. They should put out a service bulletin. People are lucky the ball isn't shorting out any circuits.

#23 11 years ago

on CV we had the famous ball dropping to the bottom of the cabinet on the protos thru the RM mech, it was a big deal.....we should start a new thread of the more egregious ball hangers! Jpop

When I got my NIB Elvis it was born on Halloween and it was a total lemon.
It kept raining screws from everywhere, should have come with a box of toothpicks and a bottle of glue.
A buddy stopped by to play it and when he pulled back the plunger the ball fell into the cabinet.
The autolauncher had fallen out and it was hanging by the wires.
Had a ball go missing and I looked everywhere and could not find it.
Called the Pindoc and he said take off the apron, sure enough it was under it.
The game was haunted, the left ramp broke in the first 100 plays and I decapitated Elvis with an airball.
That was kind of funny, I was playing the head like a MB until it rolled down the middle.
I sold the game and a few years later took the one I have now in a trade deal.
Shopped it, replaced the left ramp and modded it so it wouldn't break and haven't had any problems with this one.

Elvis_posts_003.jpgElvis_posts_003.jpg

2 weeks later
#24 11 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

What is happening is that Hulk will literally hit the ball into and over/under the rubber ring. My rubber ring is wearing where it is happening. I have only had the ball fall through once, and I will be trying the double ring solution at some point.

There is wear on my rubber ring,too. It's the ring to the left of the Hulk figure, under plastic #36. On numberous occasions, I've lost balls down into the cabinet at this site. I plan to try the double ring (2 1/2" rubber ring) remedy to solve the problem. I'm going to use the white rubber rings, rather than the black. Maybe the white will be more resistant to wear!

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

My Avengers LE Hulk is edition #45/250. It does not have the two attached plastic posts under plastic #36. I wonder at what edition # Stern started to remedy the problem, and shouldn't they supply edition owners before that correction a new plastic#36 with attached posts?

#26 11 years ago

I believe it was the production batches that were done 1st week of January.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from docdeath:

My Avengers LE Hulk is edition #45/250. It does not have the two attached plastic posts under plastic #36. I wonder at what edition # Stern started to remedy the problem, and shouldn't they supply edition owners before that correction a new plastic#36 with attached posts?

Contact Stern and they'll send out the new plastic. When I spoke with them, they indicated they were going to track down the units that did not have the new plastic with the posts to send out the mod. They'll also provide a second post if you want to close down the right out lane. That avoids the ball getting stuck in that area.

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from LP30:

Contact Stern and they'll send out the new plastic. When I spoke with them, they indicated they were going to track down the units that did not have the new plastic with the posts to send out the mod. They'll also provide a second post if you want to close down the right out lane. That avoids the ball getting stuck in that area.

I contacted Sternpinball.com, technical support. They responded immediately and are sending new plastic with attached posts, free of charge. I already purchased a second post to close down the right out lane from pinballlife.com. Didn't think to inquire with Stern. Should of done so! They are also sending the Loki lock decal that prevents ball traps on the right ramp. This is a positive move for Stern's reputation!

#29 11 years ago

Nice to hear they will fix it. The posts drilled in the plastic scares me. Looks like it would break the plastic but I guess the ball does not need much to stop it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts
Shooter rods
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hulk-le-ball-vanishes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.