(Topic ID: 43902)

Hulk broke again!! Any ideas on how to fix it for good???

By mpatricksp

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
IMAG1558.jpg
IMAG1538.jpg
th-2.jpeg
IMG_0066.JPG
IMG_0065.JPG
IMG_0064.JPG
IMG_0063.JPG
IMG_0062.JPG
IMG_0061.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Butch2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from mpatricksp:

Here are some direcitons. Hope they help.
Taking the bracket out is pretty straight forward. You have to take his arms off there is a screw in each that is not to bad, you will need a short screw driver and will have to turn him as there isn't much room. Then you will have to remove the two screws in the base of the Hulk body, these are a real pain as there is no room at all. Best to have an offset screw driver. They also have lock tight on them so they are kind of hard to get started. There are also two screws that go through the back of the assembly into his chest. These I didn’t even know about until I had his body off as there is no way to see them or get at them whit the thing in the machine, they just pulled out as I lifted his body off the bracket. I know of no way to get them back in either because I can’t see how you can get the bracket through the hole with his body on, and once it’s in the machine you can’t get to them. Someone else may have a way but I couldn’t figure it out. I just left them out and it seems to work fine, the two screws at his base do a good job of holding the body on the bracket and I have not noticed him wobbling at all.
Once you get his body off then you can stand the playfield up and just take the screws and a couple of nuts out of the assembly on the bottom. Once you get the screws and nuts off you will have to turn the bracket about a ¼ turn so the posts his arms attach to are lined up with the biggest part of the hole. Then you just tilt it and get one of the posts through the hole and then it should just slide out. Be careful as the posts tend to get hung up on the plastic that is behind the Hulk but if you get the posts below the plastic before you get it turned completely you should be good you also have to watch all of the wires on the bottom of the playfield as they tend to grab hold of the bracket as you are turning it.
There are three connections you have to take off to get the bracket out. There is an IDC connection going to the board on the bracket, one connection going to the two coils you can see and one going to the coil in his back.
Once out you have access to the coil. The coil is held on with a couple of screws at the top of the assembly and comes apart real easy once you get it out, it is easier to solder the wires back on with the coil out of the bracket.
Putting it back together is just the reverse and like I said the only issue I had was the two screws going from the back of the bracket into his chest. Not sure how to get them back in with the playfield in the machine, could probably do it with the whole thing out but I never had an issue with his body flopping around even with the screws left out.
Hope this helps I am not the best at writing directions, just let me know if you have any questions.
Mike

Thx for posting this!

1 week later
#37 10 years ago

I'm going to try to do this now, just got a new coil from Stern..Thx for posting!!

#39 10 years ago

This is the coil that they sent me, it looks a little different than yours. Maybe they made some improvements I hope.

IMAG1538.jpgIMAG1538.jpg

#40 10 years ago

it went pretty smooth thanks for the directions! when I took the coil out I didn't see any broken wires and then when I was moving it around this is what I found..

IMAG1558.jpgIMAG1558.jpg

#48 10 years ago
Quoted from mpatricksp:

Yea that is what mine looked like the first time. Broke in the exact same spot but the red wire. Think the zip tie cut it also. The second time I think it broke because the wire was too short to put back the zip tie and I think it just broke from movement.

Do you think I should have cut the zip tie? Kind of too late now anyway..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Butch2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hulk-broke-again-any-ideas-on-how-to-fix-it-for-good?tu=Butch2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.