Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by paul_8788
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Just bought a HULK AVENGERS LE........ number 180 with 500 plays in perfect condition.........tough game but I'm loving it......!

#2 10 years ago

Very fun game and it made me a better player congrats!
Sold mine to make room but miss it.

#3 10 years ago

Grats Mato; its a great game. Enjoy! ACDC & AVLE is a solid 2 hit combo

#4 10 years ago

Mine is #189 and gets the most play in my line up.
I got all the bugs out of it and it plays like a smooth criminal, I don't see it going anywhere for awhile.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

Mine is #189 and gets the most play in my line up.
I got all the bugs out of it and it plays like a smooth criminal, I don't see it going anywhere for awhile.

What kind of bugs......

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Grats Mato; its a great game. Enjoy! ACDC & AVLE is a solid 2 hit combo

Even the colours complement each other with the red acdc and green Hulk

#8 10 years ago

Biggest one is ball getting stuck behind hulks right fist and waiting for ball search to knock it free. Doesn't happen a lot to mine.

Other issues I have seen is ball bouncing out of saucer hole from the drop down off the bridge ramp. Mine kicks out if it has a lot of spin on it.

Ball plunger needing to be adjusted to be able to consistently plunge around the orbit to the left flipper by holding up left flipper while you plunge (super skill shot)

Hulk fist getting damaged by scraping against the metal bridge. Last code helped improved this and appears to have fixed the issue for me. Got stern to send me a replacement right fist for free.

Spinner slows down bridge ramp shot causing ball to not make it all the way around. After lubing my spinner up a bit it works great from left flipper shots now, still have problems making a complete shot from right flipper, have to hit it perfectly to make it from right flip (not sure if that is even fixable)

I love my hulk LE. Maybe not as much as some of the other newer sterns like ironman,tron,acdc or Metallica but it's still a great game. Suffers from really tight Playfield and an overall high difficulty level. This causes a lot of people to dislike the game. I think its a great game to practice on and has made me a much better shooter.

#9 10 years ago

Nice writeup Jaydawg. I like your idea about lubing the spinner, I might try that. I'm pretty good with the BW shots, but anything to help

#10 10 years ago

Congrats on the purchase. It is an excellent game. Love the tight shots.

#11 10 years ago

Mate very tight shot, but makes you a better play.........I play Avengers forma few games and when i swapped to acdc i just about nail everything.......haha

#12 10 years ago

I miss mine. It was the highest price game in my lineup. Dont look at pinside to determine the worth in this title.
Absolutely the worst game to own and be a member to this site. This game plays so well and has so many nice shots.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Just bought a HULK Avengers LE........ number 180 with 500 plays in perfect condition.........tough game but I'm loving it......!

Welcome to the club! Nice to see there's another idiot that loves Avengers!

#14 10 years ago

I really don't get it. Everyone that comes over to play Avengers LE at my place can't understand the hate. They think it is a decent game with challenging shots. It is never left alone when people come over.

Again, congratulations on picking up a great game.

#15 10 years ago

#88 "Hemi" Style! and I'm loving it!!!

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

#88 "Hemi" Style! and I'm loving it!!!

Mine is Hoss style and everyone likes it.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from sensfreak:

I really don't get it. Everyone that comes over to play Avengers LE at my place can't understand the hate. They think it is a decent game with challenging shots. It is never left alone when people come over.

I saw the same thing at the pin party I was at tonight. Almost every time I looked over to Avengers LE to see if it was available to play it was almost always occupied. There were many other games that are rated much higher in the Pinside Top 100 that did not get 1/3 the play of Avengers LE. It is probably the most underrated game I can think of.

#18 10 years ago

Same for me at my place.

I would agree to the point in another thread though that Avengers stock from factory is too hard a game. One in a home can be tuned up to play much more satisfyingly.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from tracelifter:

and everyone likes it.

Awesome!

#20 10 years ago

I think I can sum this title up...

Avengers on location: complete dog mode
Avengers in a home: complete god mode

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Haha agreed

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Pretty much!

#23 10 years ago

I've been having some wicked games on my TAV this week. These are my settings:

-Inlane posts moved in
-All Avengers set easy/easy except for Hulk (Medium Factory) and Hawkeye (Hard), Loki is medium.
-1 extra ball at 20,000,000
-teseract extra balls set for factory
-VS timer modes set for 5 second ball save (I found with easier settings for the Avengers, the Vs modes get tripped more quickly and faster, so extended ball saves can make the game a bore. 5 seconds means the 2 ball multi-ball starts, and you better do something with it! Keeps the game moving quick.

With these settings I can make it to AotHC. I've never made it to battle for earth though my entire time of owning the machine.

#24 10 years ago

When I had my wife's family over for Thanksgiving (Canadian) earlier this month Avengers got the most love. It is still either my most played pin, or tied with X-men.

I don't get the hate it gets from a lot of people on Pinside. I get that some people don't love it, or even like it, that's just pinball and people's preferences differing. But for some reason it seems to attract a more extreme reaction than other pins. You post anything positive about it and it seems to bring attackers out of the woodwork, like appreciating the pin somehow makes you a moron or threatens world peace or something...

#25 10 years ago

Well, we can't get away from the fact that TAV on location sucks.

The game could have been fine tuned better inside Stern before release but it seemed rushed. Just be grateful the software is complete, short of a final polish. That, and as owners we were able to fix most of the issues.

Thats why I'm hopeful about STLE, they had some issues with it and held it back for tuning up. They seemed to not want to repeat the same mistake.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

When I had my wife's family over for Thanksgiving (Canadian) earlier this month Avengers got the most love. It is still either my most played pin, or tied with X-men.
I don't get the hate it gets from a lot of people on Pinside. I get that some people don't love it, or even like it, that's just pinball and people's preferences differing. But for some reason it seems to attract a more extreme reaction than other pins. You post anything positive about it and it seems to bring attackers out of the woodwork, like appreciating the pin somehow makes you a moron or threatens world peace or something...

Thousands of people in the hobby, 500 Avengers LE models. It's because people DON'T HAVE A CLUE. Most people have not played it. Or have played it sparingly. Everyone that comes to my house enjoys it. And some ofthese people have a DEFINITE preference for Bally and Williams games in general...but they really like AVLE.

Ignorance kills. In this case, the reputation of Avengers.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Well, we can't get away from the fact that TAV on location sucks.
The game could have been fine tuned better inside Stern before release but it seemed rushed. Just be grateful the software is complete, short of a final polish. That, and as owners we were able to fix most of the issues.
Thats why I'm hopeful about STLE, they had some issues with it and held it back for tuning up. They seemed to not want to repeat the same mistake.

This has NOTHING to do with how goog and fun the game really is when tuned correctly. And it's not hard to do. Time consuming yes, hard, no. Saying the QC sucks is one thing, saying the game sucks because the QC sucks is just lazy.

#28 10 years ago

One question I have that I have not bothered to figure out, when you get a VS. mode and make some of the shots, do those shots get carried over toward completion of the mode to the next time you start the same VS. mode?
My guess is the answer is no, but I really think it should at least be an option in the settings. The shots are difficult when in multi-ball to make enough of them to complete the VS. modes, especially considering how narrow the shot openings are in the game.

#29 10 years ago

yes, progress is saved on versus modes. thank god.

#30 10 years ago

This thread hasn't been hit hard yet by haters (knock on wood), does that mean we are allowed to come out of the closet and like the game? Too bad the game has such a love/hate reputation here on Pinside, I really have fun playing the game and frankly that's what matters most to me.

#31 10 years ago

Hulk is such an over rated game, I plunked 2 quarters in one and I had fully expected the route operator to have invested 20+ hours of tweaking the machine so it would play absolutely perfect for me. Boy was I shocked when the ball got stuck under Hulks arm when the H and U drop targets were already down, yet I shot at that area anyway... so I gave it a 1 in the pinside rankings

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I've been having some wicked games on my TAV this week. These are my settings:
-Inlane posts moved in
-All Avengers set easy/easy except for Hulk (Medium Factory) and Hawkeye (Hard), Loki is medium.
-1 extra ball at 20,000,000
-teseract extra balls set for factory
-VS timer modes set for 5 second ball save (I found with easier settings for the Avengers, the Vs modes get tripped more quickly and faster, so extended ball saves can make the game a bore. 5 seconds means the 2 ball multi-ball starts, and you better do something with it! Keeps the game moving quick.
With these settings I can make it to AotHC. I've never made it to battle for earth though my entire time of owning the machine.

I appreciate this bro. I'm going to try these settings. I haven't been playing as much because I have it set on harder settings. I still do pretty well but I would like to open up the game to enjoy it more. I have my in lane posts moved all the way down but I'm going to print out your settings and change my machine to them.

Thanks.

#33 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I appreciate this bro.

Cool, I think you'll enjoy it more. Even at those settings the game is no pushover, and the big wizard mode is still next to impossible to reach, so there's always something to come back to go for.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Hulk is such an over rated game, I plunked 2 quarters in one and I had fully expected the route operator to have invested 20+ hours of tweaking the machine so it would play absolutely perfect for me. Boy was I shocked when the ball got stuck under Hulks arm when the H and U drop targets were already down, yet I shot at that area anyway... so I gave it a 1 in the pinside rankings

How dare you sir!

So then you went home and basked in all of it's tweaked glory?

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from jsalce:

So then you went home and basked in all of it's tweaked glory?

I even did some twerking to it, then I did something really weird to the lockdown bar.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I even did some twerking to it, then I did something really weird to the lockdown bar.

Now that's about as authentic HUO as you're going to get.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Don't forget that TWO people had their spinning cube break! That deserves a 0!

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I've had chips come out of Giovanni Cube (a freaking solid piece of plastic!) & not surprised the factory ones have broken.

Call Stern's CS & I'm sure they'll send those folks a new one.

Now if you've been Twerking your Cube & Game like CF I'm not sure what they'll do (don't ask don't tell? 8-})

I need to try Frolic's settings - especially for the VS timer modes

Shipping our Hulk to Houston for the HAAG Expo Nov. 8 - 9 DON'T MISS IT!!!!!

Awesome, Awesome Game when dialed-in!!

Pin - K

http://www.kimballspinballs.com/products.html

#39 10 years ago

i have # 55 and love it so addicting cant leave it alone i play it everyday

#40 10 years ago

Congrats on the purchase Mato. Moved to the Stern sub forum for you. It sure is a challenging game, but so rewarding when you have a good one.

#41 10 years ago

One of the most fun games I've ever played and I've played them all.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I'm one. Also my Hulk turn bracket. Stern took care of me ASAP in both cases. Crap happens. Still my favorite game ever. Or at least tied with X-Men depending on my mood.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'm one. Also my Hulk turn bracket. Stern took care of me ASAP in both cases. Crap happens. Still my favorite game ever. Or at least tied with X-Men depending on my mood.

The rocker arm replacement I received is a lot beefier than the one that broke on mine, I nice big mound of a weld on the pins instead of the chicken tracks on the original.

#44 10 years ago

>Avengers on location: complete dog mode
>Avengers in a home: complete god mode

Hmmmm..... I've got an AVLE at home that I play (plus the Hulk still in the box, I'm a Marvel fan) plus a pro on location with 5 other late model Stern pins and the AV earns as much or more than the other pins. It does really well. For reference the other pins at the location are T3, TSPP, Monopoly, POTC, and X-men.

#45 10 years ago

The art work on the Hulk LE is some of the best i have seen.

#46 10 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Cool, I think you'll enjoy it more. Even at those settings the game is no pushover, and the big wizard mode is still next to impossible to reach, so there's always something to come back to go for.

So I used these settings and got to the battle for the HelioCarrier or something like that. I got 155 million so not sure if that is good with these settings or not.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

so not sure if that is good with these settings or not.

Good or not I bet it was fun : )

#48 10 years ago

Hulk multi ball never gets old.

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Good or not I bet it was fun : )

It was pretty enjoyable

I was hitting BW shots like she was going out of style!

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from NY2Colorado:

Hulk multi ball never gets old.

The Super Jackpot is pretty fun to get. For those who don't know, after getting a bunch of jackpots, you have to get the Hulk Smash target behind Hulk - but his arm blocks it. You have to hit him, and his arms will stay up momentarily - while they're up you can hit the target with another ball. Pretty satisfying...although sometimes the magnet will whip the ball into the target for you...I'm not complaining.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hulk-avengers-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.