Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Butch2099
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

All of the sudden the last few times I have played Avengers when a ball gets behind Hulk's arm he doesn't shake it loose. He tries, but it usually just moves back a little and by the time the ball rolls forward his arm is down again. I haven't had any problems like this since the new update. I even raised the pitch of the machine in case it was that. But it didn't help. His arm does lift up when he does some moves but not when he is looking for a ball. So I'm not sure if its him or the software.

I also now have noticed when the game is over & it's looking for the match & he is speaking to you he doesn't move anymore at all. He used to throw his arms up when he taunted you.

I was promised a new Hulk by Stern because the original software cut his hands up very badly from hitting the bridge (I should start a "How beat up is your Hulk" thread) But I never got one. I have sent emails but no answers yet. I would understand if I got a reply that they were on backorder or something but I get nothing..

Is anyone else having a similar problem? Any suggestions?

#2 11 years ago

They don't seem to respond to email. Call them.

#3 11 years ago

I'd be calling Stern tech support on Monday during business hours. 1-800-kickers. They are tops at this and should be able to help you.

LTG

#4 11 years ago

I'll give them a call Monday thx..

#5 11 years ago

1. Reload the old code and see if the problems disappear.

2. Wait for others to chime in, who have loaded the newer code, to see if they are experiencing the same problems.

That should narrow it down in the meantime, before Monday when you call.

#6 11 years ago

Wasn't there another post referencing coil problems for hulk arms. Think someone else had to replace theirs.

What does it do in test mode

#7 11 years ago

Could the wire be breaking? I remember some people were having that problem.

#8 11 years ago

Yea I would check the coils in test.

I do know the software will sometimes in a rare occasion fire the magnet after hulk flips out and shoot the ball behind hulk just as he's dropping his arms. But it sounds like your coil/wire is bad if his arms aren't going up on the match sequence

#9 11 years ago

Thx, I'll run a coil test today & see what happens, after that I'll reload the software if the coil test doesn't come up with something...

#10 11 years ago

Its the coil. A wire has most likely come loose. It is a design flaw and a pain in the ass to fix as the whole assembly needs to be removed to get to the wire.

#11 11 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Its the coil. A wire has most likely come loose. It is a design flaw and a pain in the ass to fix as the whole assembly needs to be removed to get to the wire.

Is that something a novice can fix or will Stern send someone out?

#12 11 years ago

It is the coil..I did a test and #44 (or 46?) didn't work..I'll be calling Monday..

#13 11 years ago

I fixed mine. Another dude fixed his. It's not all that big of a deal, just takes about 30 minutes. Stern will send you a whole new wired coil, plug and play plus the hulk mech dis-assemble/assemble. The new coil is wired in a way to reduce the likelihood of it happening again.

I'm a pretty novice fixer by the way.

#14 11 years ago

Stern will also send you new Hulk arms for your damaged ones, plus a bunch of other fixes for the game. They really are great at customer service.

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I fixed mine. Another dude fixed his. It's not all that big of a deal, just takes about 30 minutes. Stern will send you a whole new wired coil, plug and play plus the hulk mech dis-assemble/assemble. The new coil is wired in a way to reduce the likelihood of it happening again.

That's good to hear..I always say I only know enough to be dangerous..

Does the assembly come with a new Hulk also? Mine has his hands & elbow pretty beat up..

#16 11 years ago

What other fixes might be inculded? I got the Loki lock sticker already. That's about it...

#17 11 years ago

The arms come separate. They screw on. There's a replacement plastic on the LE for behind hulk. Keeps ball from going down hole created when bridge goes up. They may send you other parts related to the hulk mech...they'll send you the plastic to put on the hole that feeds the saucer...to help with making saucer consistently.

PM me if you want to talk about the process of replacement. There are a couple things that might seem confusing ... But if I can do it, it's basically idiot proof.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

What other fixes might be inculded? I got the Loki lock sticker already. That's about it...

Ask for the adapter piece that goes on the plastic just above the saucer, slows the ball down a hiar when it drops so it doesn't bounce out of the saucer, it works. I also received a new post for the outlane on the right side because when I moved outlane post down, ball was getting stuck. I've said it before, stern customer service is top notch, just make sure you have you serial # handy when you call.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

It is the coil..I did a test and #44 (or 46?) didn't work..I'll be calling Monday..

Sorry to hear

Good to hear

Stern will also send you new Hulk arms for your damaged ones, plus a bunch of other fixes for the game. They really are great at customer service.

I need to hit them up for my hulk arm from the previous code too. Is it just the one screw? Sounds simple to replace

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I need to hit them up for my hulk arm from the previous code too. Is it just the one screw? Sounds simple to replace

It is just 1 screw for the arms..Very easy..

#21 11 years ago

The arms come separate. They screw on. There's a replacement plastic on the LE for behind hulk. Keeps ball from going down hole created when bridge goes up. They may send you other parts related to the hulk mech...they'll send you the plastic to put on the hole that feeds the saucer...to help with making saucer consistently.
PM me if you want to talk about the process of replacement. There are a couple things that might seem confusing ... But if I can do it, it's basically idiot proof.

That's good to know that I can fix it myself. I'll send you a PM if I have any issues. They sent me the plastic for behind Hulk when they sent me the Loki lock sticker, the BW plastic I need. It sounds like I need a sideways screwdriver though? Or can I manage without one?

#22 11 years ago

No sideways screwdriver needed, but you'll need the right size "star" screwdriver to get the Hulk himself out...he's attached to the long square shaft with one of those star headed screws. It's a smaller size. That screw is probably in with loc-tite as well, so be careful you don't strip it. Heat the piece up first with a solder iron maybe.

Those hulk arms are attached with loc tite too I fear. I tried once to undo one of the screws and the gave up, because I didn't want to strip it.

#23 11 years ago

Those hulk arms are attached with loc tite too I fear. I tried once to undo one of the screws and the gave up, because I didn't want to strip it.

I had no problem taking off his right arm yesterday. I had a short phillips head screwdriver & it came right off..

1 week later
#24 11 years ago

So I called Stern, we ran a voltage test on the 2 wires coming out of Hulk on the bottom of the playfield & I was told the voltage was right, that it was probably the small board next to the flashers and not the wiring inside the Hulk. It sounded like the wiring inside Hulk was a problem he hadn't heard about. I also spoke to him about the BW ramp fix.
Well, I get all the parts Fri, just went to put them in today. I started with the Hulk board, 2 screws, wire clippped on & off, no problem...Didn't work...on to BW ramp they sent me an oval plastic, that looks like it gets mounted underneath with longer screws & posts..Well they sent me 2 washers (good) 1 screw, 1 post, 1 nut...That means only 1 side can get screwed in...

Back to square 1...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hulk-acting-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.