(Topic ID: 8025)

Huge arcade auction in Des Moines this Sat the 26th!!!!!

By captainadam_21

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by mtgedney
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

omaha.craigslist.org link

Claims hundreds of arcade games and machines will be there.
    Gorilla fill us in on the details!! Get DVDT and ssathre to come too.

#2 12 years ago

Gorilla,your Saturday is all planned out,have fun,will send cake.

#3 12 years ago

oh, omg.... this is the last thing I needed to hear. Derek, are you driving or am I? Better bring your trailer.

#4 12 years ago

Saw that earlier tonight and was curious....Gorilla or Pinballer22, either of you locals have any additional info on this?

#5 12 years ago

A. I never heard about it until now.
    B..............I leave for Florida friday morning!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I will check with pb22 asap.

I may have to leave a few $100s with him

#6 12 years ago

sorta shitty notice on it not sure how good of games could be expected, any more info or can find out what games to expect. prob end up being like the one i went to in msp and had 1 shitty ass pin

#7 12 years ago

If the Sioux Crew goes I might need a proxy bidder. This might be the perfect place for me to get a starter pin dirt cheap.

#8 12 years ago

I always go and will be there this year...always a bunch of crap and never as many games as they say will be there! Usually 10 at the most for pins, a lot of buy backs. I buy a lot of pins and have never bought 1 for the auction if that gives you an idea what it is usually like.

I hope I am wrong but honestly I wouldn't drive that far for this auction if it is anywhere close to the previous years. It has been awhile since it had a decent turn out.

#9 12 years ago

never been to one of these auctions, what is a 10.00% premium?

#10 12 years ago

Buyer premium means that whatever you pay for the machine you add 10% to the price. I.e. if you pay $1000 for a machine the buyer premium is $100.

You guys think its gonna be worth a 6 hour drive lol???

#11 12 years ago

This is the only time I ever wished I lived back Iowa again!
    Goodluck guys on the auction

#12 12 years ago

If anyone goes, post pics & prices of what pins they had, and sold for.

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer22:

I buy a lot of pins and have never bought 1 for the auction if that gives you an idea what it is usually like.

damn thanks for making me sleep better at night if you havent bought i know it really blows then!

even if something good i wouldnt mind paying 2-300 more for saving me time driving down hoping something good there

#14 12 years ago
    Quoted from ThePostmaster:

If anyone goes, post pics & prices of what pins they had, and sold for.

WERD

#15 12 years ago

I will take pics and try to track of all machine and prices.

#16 12 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer22:

I will take pics and try to track of all machine and prices.

buy anything you think worthwhile and maybe seen ya soon

#17 12 years ago

Went last night for the buy it now...only 4 pins and the one great deal was gone. Monopoly sold for 895. Had a roller games for 1000, and then a couple em's that didn't have a buy it now. Will be going this morning hoping something ne showed up but doubt it

#18 12 years ago

Keep us posted. Was kinda bummed I didn't go this morning. I also wasn't aware that there was a buy it now option last night either. Thanks for the uPdate.

#19 12 years ago

That sounds weak. What was the great deal.. the Monopoly?
    Keep us updated plz.

#20 12 years ago

monopoly for 895 is a good price

seems like in this region most of the pins have worked their way from the routes into collectors hands or to the coast

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from dvandentop:

Monopoly for 895 is a good price

He relisted the same pin on CL for 3k. jerk lol

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

He relisted the same pin on CL for 3k. jerk lol

ROTF

4 years later
    #23 7 years ago

http://coinop411.web44.net/auc.php?nam=&mat=e&evnt=218&qty=50

I usually go but prices are generally too high in addition to buyers premium. The link above has pics and results of last auction.

#24 7 years ago

Holy thread resurrection Batman!!!

#25 7 years ago

I just noticed this was 5 years old lol.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/huge-arcade-auction-in-des-moines-this-sat-the-26th and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.