Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

HS2_,_DW_&_BSD_018.JPG
HS2_,_DW_&_BSD_016.JPG
HS2_,_DW_&_BSD_015.JPG
HS2_,_DW_&_BSD_014.JPG
HS2_,_DW_&_BSD_013.JPG
#1 11 years ago

A question to those who may have owned both, perhaps at the same time.

Opinions on:

longevity
fun
own again?
keeper
etc

Thanks for any inputs.

Robert

#2 11 years ago

I REALLY enjoy the "shifting" aspect of HS2 while your playing. I never got to "redline mania" but I hear great things. Another thing I LOVE on HS2 is the superchager. That thing (when tuned properly) can get spinning so fast it almost feels like you have a Shaker Motor, haha.

T2 is a completely different game all together. The gun is a fun toy but can get a little "old" after owning it for awhile. I like the call-out's and all movie references (because T2 kicks ass).

All in all that is a real tough choice and I would easily own either again (for the right price). I would personally probably get a T2.

(but that's only because I've owned a few HS2's in the past and only ever owned one T2)

#3 11 years ago

I own HSII and have owned T2...both are great pins but HSII wins hands down.....Supercharger, Beacon light, the classic callouts....and car themed...a real keeper in my collection

#4 11 years ago

I'm looking for either of these!

Good question though, not sure which I'd like better over the long haul (not that I'd ever keep a pin long anyway).

#5 11 years ago

HS2 but with one exception, the ZZ top theme. If you can handle listening to La Grange a couple hundred times a month, then HS2 hands down. My significant other is not into pinball and if I talk about HS2 she says "Is that that one with the stripper music?" ...... yes dear ....... that's the one........ T2 is awesome and I think HS2 just edges it out not by a ton. One thing to think about is T2 is usually cheaper. Good luck!

#6 11 years ago

I appreciate the inputs.

It's always difficult to judge a pin, until you actually own it or have one down the block that you can dump quarters into for awhile.

I have played both and really like T2 (I have played it more), but I was always leery of T2 getting to be boring after awhile in a home collection. Sort of like some of the System 11 games, fun but not too deep.

I wasn't sure about HSII, if it would be fun/interesting enough for the long run.

Robert

#7 11 years ago

They are both great bang for the buck and also not a great single pin. THey work better in a collection of at least 3 I would say. I do like HS2 better overall. When you first get the police chase going I imagine you can't help but grin.

#8 11 years ago

I only own HSII but I can and do play it for hours, many times a week. Never get tired of it.

#9 11 years ago

HS2 easily. T2 is still the least favorite pin I've owned.

#10 11 years ago

HS2 by far. I would still have mine but it's hard to find one with a nice cabinet. Will prolly buy another one if I can get a nice one.

#11 11 years ago

I haven't had either in my personal collection, but I have played both about at least 20 times. I like both, but HS2 seems a little more fun. I like the shifting, super-charger, theme.

T2 is really cool and nice for being first true dmd. Yes, GI came out first, but it was just thrown on and not built around the dmd like T2 was.

Both great pins for the price.

#12 11 years ago

HS2 Easily over T2 , and I found 1 today.. She also has a DW , Rock-Ola Juke Box and a Old 5cent 1-Arm Bandit Slot..

I'm wait-n to see if her Grandson want's to let the HS2 go. I want the Slot also..
Not Sure what Yr the Rock-ola is , but it's Loaded w/ 45's

( Dog Will hunt ) !!!

HS2_,_DW_&_BSD_013.JPGHS2_,_DW_&_BSD_013.JPG HS2_,_DW_&_BSD_014.JPGHS2_,_DW_&_BSD_014.JPG HS2_,_DW_&_BSD_015.JPGHS2_,_DW_&_BSD_015.JPG HS2_,_DW_&_BSD_016.JPGHS2_,_DW_&_BSD_016.JPG HS2_,_DW_&_BSD_018.JPGHS2_,_DW_&_BSD_018.JPG

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from Rick471:

HS2 by far. I would still have mine but it's hard to find one with a nice cabinet. Will prolly buy another one if I can get a nice one.

No way I'd let a cabinet prevent me from having a game I love. My HS2 is a bit faded, but I love it.

I haven't played enough T2 to compare.

#14 11 years ago

I have a deal to trade my Dirty Harry for a HSII, what do you think?

My DH is really nice and his Getaway is nice, but with some fade.

Robert

#15 11 years ago

DO it ,,, !!! DH is Cool ,, But HS2 Is Alot Bettter ....

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

I have a deal to trade my Dirty Harry for a HSII, what do you think?
My DH is really nice and his Getaway is nice, but with some fade.
Robert

ha! that's how I got my HSII, I traded a DH for it....glad I did it and never looked back!
Black Rose, great find, hope you get'em right....that HSII looks like she's still bright red....Daawwwwgg will HUNT!!

#17 11 years ago

Ive got someone coming tomorrow to look at buying my HS2. I like it but was really looking for an original when this one came around. Im letting it go so I can have an opportunity to own a different pin. T2 is loads of fun as well. I guess I would say they both shine in their own way.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I like it but was really looking for an original when this one came around.

I don't have enough time on either to make a good comparison, but I have read from people that say HSII is better, due it being 6 years newer and having a little more to offer.

I like DH, but was looking for something else; and my girlfriend said she liked Getaway. I'll try to do a much as I can to get her to like pinball.

On IPDB (for what that's worth) HSII is rated 8.1 (194 votes) and HSI is rated 7.9 (103 votes); so their probably comparable.

Robert

#19 11 years ago

pinside ranking HSII #28 and DH#82

#20 11 years ago

Both are good but I prefer HSII. You can really get the ball moving.

#21 11 years ago

Anybody make cabinet decals for HSII?

#22 11 years ago

Hmm, every pin being talked about here ranks very high for me. Own T2 and DH and probably won't part with either for a long time.

T2 hasn't become boring to me. Though, one you realize that the Super Jackpot is 50M points it becomes all about getting that and nothing else.

Would love to add HS2 to the collection.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Anybody make cabinet decals for HSII?

They are readily available from Planetary Pinball or their distributors.

#24 11 years ago

Terminator 2 is all theme. HSII is fun as hell. High Speed all the way!

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Wickedquickss:

I own HSII and have owned T2...both are great pins but HSII wins hands down.....Supercharger, Beacon light, the classic callouts....and car themed...a real keeper in my collection

strony agree. I also sold my t2 and still have getaway.

#26 11 years ago

HS2 bay far. Helps if you have a few others games so you can mix it up. Supercharger is one of the neatest toys and it's a pure rush to play. You can also use install the P-4 roms to change things up and it will feel like you got a new game since it offers a few different rules, like a 2 ball multiball at 4th gear.

#27 11 years ago

I would have to say HS2, even though I haven't played T2 for many years. I have been playing my HS2 almost every day since I got it home a few months ago.

Still kicking around the idea of cabinet decals but at $240 its just not worth it to me at the moment. I did get mine for $600, so the added cost would be a little bit more justifiable, maybe someday....

#28 11 years ago

I want a HS2 sooooo bad.

#29 11 years ago

Both are fun and affordable thought if it came to one or the other. I would pick HS2 better theme and lOnger staying power.

#30 11 years ago

"I have a deal to trade my Dirty Harry for a HSII, what do you think?

My DH is really nice and his Getaway is nice, but with some fade."

Both are worth about the same, but if your DH is in nicer shape I'd make him kick in a few hundred. I'd love to find someone willing to trade a DH for my HS2. HS2 is fun, but I'm kinda bored with it - time to move on.

#31 11 years ago

HS2 for sure. T2 feels like you are shooting ramps and loops. HS2 feels like you are building towards the red light, turbo charging the engine and then....the chase ensues. HS2 is more fun and doesn't get old imho.

#32 11 years ago

I've never owned a T2 but I just picked up a HS2 a couple of weeks ago. I am enjoying HS2 more than I thought I would. If I had one complaint it would be the video mode. It scores way to high and it happens way to much. I was able to turn down the length in the adjustments but it still scores 32M. 7M more than a jackpot! If left a default it scores 50M. It should max out at 10 in my opinion - and I wish there was a way to disable it altogether.

Currently running P-7 proto ROMs. Two ball supercharger mode is cool, you get crazy points for getting both balls in there a couple of times. My extra balls are disabled and current high score is 760M.

#33 11 years ago

HS2

I miss owning one!

#34 11 years ago

The T2 theme is awesome and it's pretty fun for 25 or maybe even 50 plays. But it's got no longevity. All the shallowness of a System 11 with none of the fun. I was seriously bored within the first week of ownership, and that didn't even happen with what I consider to be the worst post-mid-80's pins of all time (GI, ID4).

It's fun to play a couple games out in the wild, or put in your collection if you have many pins and won't play it all that often. But if you play every day or even every week...go with HS2.

Tracy

#35 11 years ago

Well, I traded my semi-dead DH for a Getaway tonight. It's not perfect cabinet wise, but it plays great.

It's a lot faster than the DH was.

Thanks for the inputs.

Robert

#36 11 years ago

Just bought both..........I personally think DH blows them both away

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Well, I traded my semi-dead DH for a Getaway tonight. It's not perfect cabinet wise, but it plays great.

Meh, you don't play the cabinet I always say.... Congrats, I love my HS2 and the cabinet on mine sucks.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I personally think DH blows them both away

I liked DH better as a theme, which I thought was well integrated with the movies.

The one thing that made the game less than stellar was the stop & go play.

Robert

#39 11 years ago

Nice BR! The Rock-Ola looks 60's. The Slot looks great...get it if you can. What year? 50's?

#40 11 years ago

Still No call from the Lady !! I made her an Offer , Just wait-n on her Now .. Yes , I want the slot too .. I want Everything...

2 months later
#41 11 years ago

I have a DH and HS2 . I would say HS2 is my pick i was woundring any one want to trade DH for ? . i would like T2 or something close .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 27.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 20.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hsii-getaway-vs-t2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.