Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by TG
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bally (resized).jpg
    download (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

....and they aren't taking any new restorations since they have a full plate to cover this year. This taken from the below link. They do fantastic work, sure they will be missed.

"Feb 6, 2018: This will be my last year restoring playfields and I will retire from the playfield business in 2018. It has been a good run since 2002 (16 years) and over 2500 playfields. We currently have a heavy workload of playfields and I will limit taking in additional playfields to just clear coating only jobs now. I can not take in any more restoration jobs until I can finish the ones I currently have in the shop. Most likely the workload we currently have will take us to the end of the year to complete."

http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/About_Us.html

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

This scares me... I am concerned that the top pf restorers will be out in a few years.

#3 6 years ago

Bummer! I have seen your nice work and always wanted to send you a few candidates that need some help.

#4 6 years ago

Thanks guys for what you do for the hobby!

#5 6 years ago

After that many years, sometimes a person just gets tired of doing this shit.

#6 6 years ago

That's 156 playfields per year........huh!?!

John

#7 6 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

After that many years, sometimes a person just gets tired of doing this shit.

I'm sure Bryan. Enjoy doing nothing for a while.

#8 6 years ago

Glad I sent them my BSD playfield when I did!

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

That's 156 playfields per year........huh!?!
    John

Damn!

#10 6 years ago

I was one of the unlucky ones that sent their playfield a little too late. If there are any top-notch guys wanting to restore a Quicksilver playfield shoot me a PM!

#11 6 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

I'm sure Bryan. Enjoy doing nothing for a while.

And sometimes people get tired of always being judged on what they do. I wish Brian nothing but the best.

#12 6 years ago

I've seen some of your work. You will be missed. And thank you for all the playfields you did !

LTG : )

#13 6 years ago

Sad to hear. I will always cherish this NOS Bally Skateball playfield perfected and cleared by HSA.

Bally (resized).jpgBally (resized).jpg

#14 6 years ago

That’s a bummer. Such great work and talent.

#15 6 years ago

This really sucks. You do great work. I enjoyed talking with you at the TPF. Best of luck in everything you choose to do from here on.

#16 6 years ago

Who is HSA on PinSide?

#17 6 years ago

Sorry to see him go

I have a HSA cleared NOS Family Guy playfield set hanging on my wall. He does excellent work.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Who is HSA on PinSide?

Brian, for the most part stayed off Pinside and let his work speak for itself. Touring his shop I was amazed by the projects and challenges he accepted. How he ever made money still amazes me with the time and labor he put into perfection. He wasn't the typical Clear Coat only guy. He shared some of the pain staking tips he uses to recreate art (without stickers) to bring back playfields that were virtually raw plywood. lol A true artist and a really great person. His talent will be missed in this hobby but I wish he and his wife a stress free future. Plus now he can actually Play some of the Dozens of beautiful pins he has in his collection.

#19 6 years ago

Will the people that work for you continue to restore playfields?

#20 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Will the people that work for you continue to restore playfields?

No - his main artist is retiring.

#21 6 years ago

Annnd....price of getting a PF professionally cleared just went up another 200 bucks lol.

#22 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Annnd....price of getting a PF professionally cleared just went up another 200 bucks lol.

And the wait got a lot longer

#23 6 years ago

HSA does fantastic playfield restorations. Congrats on the upcoming retirement.

#24 6 years ago

You don’t want to retire. You will have nothing to do and you will just be bored and get left faster.

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

You don’t want to retire.

He really doesn't have to.

When all caught up, he could just close the business and do a few for the clients of his choice.

You know, the ones that aren't too pushy and don't complain.

#26 6 years ago

Anyone who has restored that many play fields deserves respect, or meds. People that don't perform meticulous work have no idea whats involved, restoration work is not for weenies. Like Odins comments, I would imagine a lot of people can indeed be pushy and controlling. This is meticulous she-i-t requiring Artist skills, Autobody Painter skills, as well as Carpentry.
    Any mistakes are instantly obvious and difficult to correct.
    My hat is off to you Sir!

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from phil-lee:

I would imagine a lot of people can indeed be pushy and controlling.

More like a lot of people are pushy and controlling.

The less of those people you choose to deal with, the better off you are.

#28 6 years ago

HSA does a great job, so to see them go.

As a side note, this is a very dangerous profession because of the chemicals. Also, the clear coat is crazy expensive now; not to mention touch up work. Hopefully more products like the hardtop playfield restoration overlay hit the market and allow people to safely rework their own playfields with great results at a reasonable price.

#29 6 years ago

HSA restored my TAF playfield many years ago. Great work. They will be missed greatly.

Todd

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hsa-pinball-to-retire-at-the-end-of-2018 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.