You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DCB7B36E-1FF0-4ED9-B11D-E235D3270C46 (resized).jpeg
5DEEAF92-EA7E-4B23-89B4-BDBA37A06335 (resized).jpeg
E00C4078-4CE3-4E20-AEB0-7727D68352D2 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

The playfield on this HS2 will not raise. It feels like the left side of the playfield is caught on something. I can’t raise that side at all but the right side feels slightly looser. This game has been through hell and had tremendous trouble even raising in the past. So much so that it was able to hold itself up without the service prop being used. Now it’s not wanting to open at all and I’m not sure what I can do.
Edit: photo is rotated weird. Sorry

E00C4078-4CE3-4E20-AEB0-7727D68352D2 (resized).jpegE00C4078-4CE3-4E20-AEB0-7727D68352D2 (resized).jpeg

#2 4 years ago

It looks as though they’ll at metal bracket is lodged in, pull the bottom towards you, it may release.

#3 4 years ago

The one on the left is definitely pointed down and hitting the wood stopping it from raising. Currently trying to find something long enough to try and flip it

#4 4 years ago

My first thought when I hear that is that the cabinet is squonked (out of square) and is pinching down on the tabs, or blocking the playfield itself. Most of the time I will check that by moving and rotating the whole front of the cabinet. If it is loose, it needed to be fixed anyway, so you are unlikely to do damage.

#5 4 years ago

I was able to get it open by taking an extra large caulk gun and pulling the tab. This thing has obviously been abused. Cab anyone take a pic of what it’s supposed to look like? One side had no spring and the other was just hanging.

5DEEAF92-EA7E-4B23-89B4-BDBA37A06335 (resized).jpeg5DEEAF92-EA7E-4B23-89B4-BDBA37A06335 (resized).jpegDCB7B36E-1FF0-4ED9-B11D-E235D3270C46 (resized).jpegDCB7B36E-1FF0-4ED9-B11D-E235D3270C46 (resized).jpeg
#6 4 years ago

The one on the left should be like the one on the right, you probably need to pull the whole PF out and then get it latched back in.

#7 4 years ago

Where does the spring hook to though? I made the one on the right do that. The spring is loose though

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Where does the spring hook to though? I made the one on the right do that. The spring is loose though

https://www.pinballlife.com/playfield-slide-assembly-left.html

See the picture there.

#9 4 years ago

HS2 was the first game with the slide mechs, and they were pretty terrible - at least after 20+ years of sliding in and out of a game. Thin metal, the ends are often completely hogged out, etc. Highly recommend if yours are rough to get the newer style ones and replace them. They're well worth it and you'll be glad you did every time you have to remove the playfield.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from CoreyStup:

HS2 was the first game with the slide mechs, and they were pretty terrible - at least after 20+ years of sliding in and out of a game. Thin metal, the ends are often completely hogged out, etc. Highly recommend if yours are rough to get the newer style ones and replace them. They're well worth it and you'll be glad you did every time you have to remove the playfield.

If it were mine I would. It’s one Tony picked up for public use. While I was in there I replaced every light checked every switch and reflowed every pcb to try and just avoid it for a while

#11 4 years ago

Delete

#12 4 years ago

Tell Tony to order the slides. Dave will appreciate it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

3,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
PinSound

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bokchito, OK
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Williamsport, PA
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 20.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.