Topic poll

“HS2 or BSD?”

• HS2 31 votes
    38%
  • BSD 50 votes
    62%

(81 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 10 years ago

Sold my HS2, too easy and repetitive. How does BSD compare?

#2 10 years ago

BSD yes

#3 10 years ago

I think about selling my HS2 for something else all the time. I get to redline mania on most games. I think about selling before I play a game............ and walk away after a few games thinking i'll never let this game go.

#4 10 years ago

HS2 is a great game, but BSD all the way!

#5 10 years ago

I own HS2 and Had a BSD until I sold it. BIG MISTAKE! I now want BSD back and would have no problem letting go of HS2. I totally agree with Jimmy above, but in the end its just too repetitive and easy for me to consider it a keeper.

#6 10 years ago

BSD is the ultimate "one more game" machine. It crushes your soul over and over until you feel like you maybe made a mistake buying it. Then, after you have your first killer 3x MB and your adrenaline is pumping, you'll keep coming back for more. Buy it and set it up to play tough!

#7 10 years ago

If you like being punished, then BSD is for you, lighting flippers are the go, luv that LH ramp shot,

#8 10 years ago

Thirrrrrrty Million

#9 10 years ago

BSD is a strange machine, not much to do at all, but no one seems to get bored of it, and those that scale back to a few machines seem to always keep this.

#10 10 years ago

I have only played bsd 1 time and I did very badly but I will still love to trade my hs2 for 1.

#11 10 years ago

HS2 is a macho bad ass game,it just needs another layer of
complexity.Had my really nice HS for two years and my buddies
got a kick out of the cop light and the turbo charger.But BSD which
I've had for 4 years is not going anywhere,I can't explain it but I just
never put it up on the selling block in my mind

#12 10 years ago

I'm surprised how close this voting is. Wow. BSD all the way.

#13 10 years ago

This is so too close to call (IMO) that I can't even vote. Both pretty limited in what they do but do it VERY well.

#14 10 years ago

BSD is the best horror game ever. Top 5 Williams all day long. Good luck prying it from my cold, dead hands.

HS2 is a good game, but not even on the same level IMO.

#15 10 years ago

I traded my HS2 for a BSD+cash.... I enjoy the BSD more. Not that HS2 is a bad game (it's not), but it kind of became a one trick pony for me. BSD has (for me) a challenging shot on that left ramp...and a relatively simple strategy that's hard to execute.

Theme-wise, I like BSD more...better call outs and effects, IMO. LED-ing it with blue/red GI helps it out a ton in this department.

Complexity-wise, BSD is a nightmare for non-pinheads. They just don't understand the game's concept. So, HS2 probably wins in that department.

For the better player/pinhead, I think BSD is much more challenging and the game outcomes more dissimilar than what I used to experience on HS2.

I frequently read pinsiders say they'd never give-up their BSD...I could see a scenario where I let mine go. But it's staying for now.

#16 10 years ago

Might buy a HS2 some day if I grow a new house.

BSD will never leave without a better BSD taking its place. Great callouts, shots, challenge, and music even (I like that music.) Even some of the humor (Drac goes crosseyed; hit the launch button!) ... and when Drac laughs at you when a multiball ends. And it is a major rush when you hit one of the main jackpots... the concubine screaming when you hit that 3x castle jackpot... it sends chills.

#17 10 years ago

I picked up a bsd over the weekend. Having had HS2, I feel BSD gets the nod by quite a bit. Hs2 is shallow and pretty easy, bsd is shallow, but very hard. Getting all three multiballs going with smaller flippers and tougher outlanes (there's no kickback like in hs2) is no easy task. I also find the callouts, layout and flow to be better on bsd. Hs2 has no skill shot and I think the mist ball gimmick is better than the supercharger gimmick. Hs2 is a fun game, just doesn't really compare to bsd.

#18 10 years ago

Just until you get to video mode 3

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 72.50
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-vs-bsd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.