image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
IMG_1631_(resized).JPG
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

Looks great Dave! Glad you finally got to that stage of applying the SC sticker. Glad I could help you out on your HS project!!
Can't wait to see some pics once you have it completed!!

Nick

#52 8 years ago

Update: I'm waiting for some LED's (non-ghosting) to arrive, but I'm ready to test/tune. Hoping to have some time to get this wrapped up with some pictures of the final results.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#53 8 years ago

For the few people that care. No drama on start up. Switches, flippers, pops and lighting working. Need to wrap up the lighting and clean up the wiring and can put it through full tests. Then need test subjects to find the flaws. Joe and Nathan? These guys always find things or the weak points.

#54 8 years ago

looking good!

#55 8 years ago

Dave

I am first in line if you ever cut this one loose

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from 80spit:

Dave
I am first in line if you ever cut this one loose

Come on over and play it. Need to get it played to find issues. Joe and Nathan always find the issues lol.

It's been up and running for a couple days now with only a few minor adjustments. Mostly the BURN RUBBER kick out is bouncing back in so I've been tweaking this. The biggest issues so far is that it plays way faster now. So I either suck at playing it now or it's gotten faster. I'm going with it faster playing.

#57 8 years ago

Got to take a few better pics. Couple of things to note. When you install the "L" shaped plastic with the clear plastic above it, make sure to mount the supercharger. I used my template and the screw hole was a too far in (bottom screw closer to the middle of PF) and I redrilled a bit further out. Otherwise, in my case, you'll have that plastic holding up the supercharger assembly or you'll need to bend the whole plastic assembly. Other than that and some minor switch adjustments, adjustments for kickback and shooter lane, it was plug and play. I think this one's wrapped up. I cleaned the inside of the cabinet (Removed the R&R Games sticker), cleaned up the lock down receiver and added new stickers to it and the caution label for the apron, but that's about it. I'll update if I have anything that comes up.

Swap completed.

DSCN1740_(2)_(resized).JPGDSCN1740_(2)_(resized).JPG

DSCN1732_(2)_(resized).JPGDSCN1732_(2)_(resized).JPG
DSCN1737_(2)_(resized).JPGDSCN1737_(2)_(resized).JPG

DSCN1735_(2)_(resized).JPGDSCN1735_(2)_(resized).JPG

DSCN1736_(2)_(resized).JPGDSCN1736_(2)_(resized).JPG

#58 8 years ago

The "L" shaped plastic as mentioned:

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

Joe and Nathan always find the issues lol.

I don't know how I missed this thread. I'm just used to the text message updates I get from you.

You're just asking me because every time I come over I break something.

I'm ready whenever you are!

#60 8 years ago

You're the only one that cares lol. The other guys are chasing deals. I chase my grails. One to go! Thanks but this site is mostly drama anymore and my work doesn't really have the interest like the other folks do. There's some real talent here.

#61 8 years ago

Hey Dmacy, thank you sooo much for this thread - it made me sign up here. I am restoring a Getaway myself (in Grmany) and have up to now done the cabinet and backbox. The playfield is my next challenge and I would be interested if you could share some general thoughts on the most useful order of disassembling and re-assembling the playfield.

It's my first machine, but I'm committed and also structured enough to do it comprehensively.

What are your thoughts on what should be done first and what last?

Looking forward to your reply

#62 8 years ago

Well you need to post some pics of the back box and cabinet!!!

Make sure you have a have decent camera and take 5 times as many pics as you need. There's many ways to tackle but I start on the top and never take enough pictures in the process. Print out the parts section of the manual and make comments. I suggest pulling things off in sections and make sure you're not rushed and alot time. Mark what you can and if you think you should replace something, do it. This is the time.

It's daunting at first but this machine isn't too bad. I don't want to repeat what you likely know, but the devil is in the details. Make sure you mark and bag what you can. Spend the time and do it right. Your labor (usually) is free and you'll be happy you did when it's done. Make a parts list and prepare to spend more time making more lists as you find parts that need replaced. And realize disassembly is fast and may take a few weeks or months taking the time to do it right and put it back together. Also know that there will be time spent dialing it in.

Lots of great restoration threads here. Getaway is on the easier side of things and there's many on here that are way better than me!

4 months later
#63 7 years ago

As of today there's over 600 plays and working great and no issues. The biggest problem is it's much faster. I still haven't installed a post to block the loops. Loop champion is only at 6 so intend to not insert the post.

I have my old playfield if someone local can use for wall art.

2 weeks later
#64 7 years ago

dmacy, you have done a lovely job of your playfield swap! Very smart! Makes me want to go to town on mine! I'm still in need of the supercharger sticker! Would you be willing to copy is and send one over to the uk?

I'd also would have loved the old playfield as wall art, but im guessing posting that the the UK would be a bit of a challenge! lol!

Dunc

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from Dunc:

dmacy, you have done a lovely job of your playfield swap! Very smart! Makes me want to go to town on mine! I'm still in need of the supercharger sticker! Would you be willing to copy is and send one over to the uk?
I'd also would have loved the old playfield as wall art, but im guessing posting that the the UK would be a bit of a challenge! lol!
Dunc

I'll see if I can get a copy or scan. The PF is going to a local but I know it's $50 domestic US give or take when I sent one last time so overseas would be nuts.

1 week later
#66 7 years ago

Ahh no problem! Bit a supercharger decal would be amazing if you could sort one out! It's the main thing letting mine down on the playfield front!

Dunc

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-playfield-swap/page/2?hl=dunc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.