(Topic ID: 4258)

HS2 owners or friends of the game...Help?

By The_Gorilla

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bottom_View.JPG
Side_View.JPG
Top_View.JPG
457.JPG

#1 12 years ago

I took lotsa pics. Didn't get this one. When I put the "auto plunger" (i think williams calls it "kicker assembly") does the soldered wire end go up or down?

Thanks.

#2 12 years ago

Post a pic gorilla

#6 12 years ago

found a copy. wires up or down? can't remember, does it even matter which way?

457.JPG457.JPG

#7 12 years ago

And, while I have you, what was the name of the "steel wool" product someone just mentioned to clean and shine ramps? TY

EDIT: http://www.nevrdull.com/ ...found it myself.

#8 12 years ago

NevRdull is not steel wool. Some kind of wadding soaked in mineral spirits or something.

#9 12 years ago

Yeah, that was why I put the " " there. I sorta remembered the picture looking like steel wool. I have never used it but, it's exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for looking out for me, though SC!

Quoted from SealClubber:

NevRdull is not steel wool. Some kind of wadding soaked in mineral spirits or something.

#10 12 years ago

I do believe they are in the up position

#11 12 years ago

In MY HS II,which I just last week R and R all the coil sleeves,That is the ball launch coil I believe,it is/the wires are pointed down/to the floor,so then the coil is aligned properly to the coil stop and so on from there. Kirk in Colorado

#12 12 years ago

ALERT,ALERT---Will Robinson---You know in your pic that the coil is backwards as well,The end with the wires goes towards the backglass!!

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from v8torino:

-You know in your pic that the coil is backwards as well,The end with the wires goes towards the backglass!!

I did figure that out as the night progressed! Thanks...seriously, thanks.

#14 12 years ago

PSA(Public Service Announcement)--Hopefully/Probably not a big deal,but did you replace the coil sleeve?Yours looks kinda dirty/worn.Also I clean everything with 90%ish Isopropyl alcohol--which is the kind by the Band aids in the store,people use it when they get scraped up you know,it is good to have those parts clean and dry.

#15 12 years ago

I am probably replacing the whole coil now. Something blew when I first tried it out. I haven't checked fuses yet but there was quite a spark at the plunger coil and now it doesn't fire.

I am VERY new at all of this....why is a clean sleeve important? I really am just on the way to the bottom (top?) of the playfield for a complete clean, Cliffy install, and all new rubber. I figure I may as well fix/replace all I can while I have it apart.

I have also noted that a "pinsider" shop job verses some of the "shop" shop jobs are somewhat different in there thoroughness...

#16 12 years ago

The coil sleeve gets worn and grooved and all that electronic dust is drawn into/covers all those parts.It creates drag because it is dirty.All that crap impedes what the mechanism is trying to accomplish.The coil sleeve creates a barrier so that when the coil gets electricity it becomes a electric magnet thus depending on how it is set up,it either pulls in or pushes out the coil plunger and that makes a mechanism do its assigned job.
If you order parts definitely get that spring that goes with the assembly you are working on,Mine was banana shaped---bad--that coil launches the ball thousands of times/Spring part #10-128.
I replaced several springs as well when I R & R my coil sleeves,Marco Specialties has most of the different part # of springs you may need. Good Shopping,Be patient

#17 12 years ago

Gorilla,Here's some pics of that ball launch coil assy.Hope this helps.Kirk

Top_View.JPGTop_View.JPG Side_View.JPGSide_View.JPG

#18 12 years ago

And a bottom View

Bottom_View.JPGBottom_View.JPG

#19 12 years ago

Thanks again. That is how I have it! Though I admit the first time I had tried to put wires up...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Boards
PinSound
Boards
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods
Plastics
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 72.50
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
3,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Coalinga, CA
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-owners-or-friends-of-the-gamehelp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.