Topic poll

“HS2 or TFTC?”

• HS2 20 votes
    54%
  • TFTC 17 votes
    46%

(37 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

HS2_mirror_blades_008.JPG
HS2_Alternate_Trans.JPG

#1 6 years ago

Which pin should I get HS2 or TFTC?? They are almost the same price.
They are both routed but not in bad condition just dirty.

I really only have room for 3 pins and I have 2 currently (TSPP & FT).
HS2 & TFTC seem to rank pretty close. Any suggestions which one is more fun in a small collection?

My friend says always go with a Williams over a Data East. But I just wanted to check here.
Thanks

#2 6 years ago

Add a poll bro

#3 6 years ago

Value-wise, TFTC is generally more expensive than HS2.

I prefer HS2's gameplay, much faster.

HS2 is fast, with a really cool toy.

TFTC's playfield is cluttered with lots of different shots and has a shaker motor.

Best of luck.

#4 6 years ago

Both are fun games. Tftc gets the slight edge with me..
I would be interested in the tftc if you decide to go with the HS2.
Your not in the NE by any chance??

#5 6 years ago

Tftc is a game I will own again someday. Pretty fun. Love hs but wasn't thrilled with hs2....but what do I know?

#6 6 years ago

I would personally opt for the tftc, it on my horror theme dream team line up.

#7 6 years ago

I wouldn't trade my HS2 for a TFTC straight up. But I'm partial to Steve Ritchie games.

#8 6 years ago

HS2 is a classic but I am a TFTC fan and of the pin which also made me pick it up as my first game. It has too much to offer for the value and has two of the best ramps in pinball. 6 ball multiple shaker motor, 12 modes, etc. Waiting on delivery and can let you know more.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinstripe:

Which pin should I get HS2 or TFTC?? They are almost the same price.
They are both routed but not in bad condition just dirty.
I really only have room for 3 pins and I have 2 currently (TSPP & FT).
HS2 & TFTC seem to rank pretty close. Any suggestions which one is more fun in a small collection?
My friend says always go with a Williams over a Data East. But I just wanted to check here.
Thanks

HS2 is easier to find, harder to sell and almost always faded. It's an early SR fan design game with glitchy (unfinished?) software (different roms different glitches). I like it alot, play it alot, but I think TFTC would be more suitable for your smaller collection.

TFTC is arguably the best Data East ever made IMO, a Borg masterpiece with superior graphics, stereo sound, sound calls, and playfield features. It is e e r i l y beautiful with charisma, domain, and lots and lots of soul (s). I'd never let mine go at any cost.

#10 6 years ago

I prefer HS2 for gameplay, but if you're a person that swaps games out regularly, I'd suggest TFTC since its price has been slowly climbing and harder to find. HS2 is what everyone else said, fun and fast. I'd have a hard time getting rid of mine for anything other than a nicer specimen.

DE games aren't that bad. I prefer them to many B/W. They both have some goods and bads.

#11 6 years ago

I generally prefer B/W games, but I would go with TFTC. There's a lot more going on in the game and I find it much more exciting. It's also more valuable and harder to find than HS2.

#12 6 years ago

HS2 is a classic but I am a TFTC fan and of the pin which also made me pick it up as my first game. It has too much to offer for the value and has two of the best ramps in pinball. 6 ball multiple shaker motor, 12 modes, etc. Waiting on delivery and can let you know more.

I agree w/ Ya bro ,, but a Dialed in HS2 is the SchitZZZ !!

HS2_Alternate_Trans.JPG HS2_mirror_blades_008.JPG

#13 6 years ago

tftc

#14 6 years ago

jotr - hit me up if you get tired of tftc. cash/carry/local sale if it's not your thing. I'll have to send b_r a case of beer and a pack of smokes for a finders fee.

#15 6 years ago

Hey BR you know your answer is based upon looking at that alternate back glass on HS2 rather than a dead corpse on TFTC. Cool light show on the video. Hells Bells J/K. Check out the episode with Joe Pesci going after the twins which is one of my favorites and uses a chainsaw like the game. My game is halfway here somewhere in FABENS, TX to be exact as we speak set for delivery on the 17th or 18th! Not sure where the heck that is but can’t wait. I will keep you in mind TG but I don’t think it will be leaving after searching for six months and putting my trust in BR on the game. Send BR the goods anyway in advance. Let me know if I can ever get the chance to play some of your games and maybe my mind will change. I will let you play it once it gets going as it appears to be a hard game to get in AZ so I had to go out of state to get. I remember playing in the past and it was a blast especially after liking the HBO shows.

#16 6 years ago

I've owned both and sold both.

HS2 is pure fun and flow. Don't care about the theme and the rules are shallow but sufficient.

TFTC looks really cool and is funny and has a lot to do, but the gameplay didn't do it for me.

I'll want to own HS2 again someday, for sure.

#17 6 years ago

Hs2 all the way. No regrets selling my TFTC, if you want a shaker motor have a look at LAH. It smokes TFTC IMO.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside