Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Nakes
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Hey guys, I'm having a weird behavior on my HS2 machine.

After doing RTRL and locking the third ball it shows the "cop talking over the radio" animation on the DMD, and then "MULTIBALL", which should release all locked balls right after it but nothing happens. Sometimes the animation keeps looping on the DMD and the multiball starts up suddenly, sometimes it fails and the machine starts looking for a missing pinball.

I run some tests, and shown an issue on the "Switch 74: Top Lock". I cleaned the switch and started firing up on the tests, however sometimes I have this behavior and I'm not sure if it may be related with the switch failing during gameplay o something else.

I read HS2 has some bugs on it's code, but I didn't find this one on the list some guys posted on the forum.

Any ideas about what might be causing this?

Thanks again!

#2 10 years ago

Does the switch register in test mode? I don't think switches need cleaning.

#3 10 years ago

just need to adjust that switch. not clean it. get it working in test mode when u thrown a ball down the trail it should trigger and hold a switch. then drop another ball in it should trigger a different switch and hold it then try the third ball. By then it should show you your problem. Adjust the switch that isnt always triggering.

#4 10 years ago

When I cleaned up mine and put it back together, mine did the same thing. Mine was because the position of the switch was off. Each switch has two small screws that hold the switch in place. On mine, I had to loosen the two screws and adjust the position of the switch because the switch was slightly positioned wrong and the ball would get stuck when it came in contact with the switch (too much pressure from the switch). Try adjusting it so that it just barely engages when the ball is making contact.

#5 10 years ago

Thanks Guys. I've adjusted the switch screws and it's working now. I'll keep an eye on it since sometimes even it's not working / registering on switch tests, it doesn't fail on startup tests (should it?) so I only realise about it during gameplay.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-multiball-not-starting-up-with-locked-balls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.